What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6: Broncos Vs Bulldogs

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
Broncos Vs Bulldogs

Game Thread

Please note - This is a game thread only, therefore only game posts can be made here (Teams, Articles). Any other posts will result in loss of points.

**Referee Blows Game On!**

Full Time: Wednesday 16th July, 2003. 9:00PM AEST

Referee: Bailey

Mr BuLLdOgS

Juniors
Starting Line-up
1. Zef
2. Habib
3. BrentWebbs#1Fan
4. dvdhntr
5. Anastabation

Reserves
6. Mr BuLLdOgS
7. Vaelikis Girl

broncoman

Juniors
broncos

1 broncoman (captain)
2 Wests is Best (vice captain)
3 mystique
4 mad tiger
5 broncoCloete

6 slats4ever
hopefully they all turn up

BroncoCloete

Juniors
Who Should Wear “The One”

We are all familiar with the fleet footed, emphatic and heroic lad from Roma. We are also all familiar with his heroics for Queensland and The Broncos. But my question to you is this, should he really be wearing the number 1 shirt for Queensland? I beg to differ. The contenders for the spot are:

- Rhys Wesser
- Clinton Schifcofske
- Robbie O’Davis

The obvious decision is Rhys Wesser. This is quoted from the Penrith Panthers official website “Rhys is lightning fast and has the ability to create something out of nothing. Over the last couple of years he has been among the game's top tryscorers. Bigger and fitter than ever, he will be one to watch in season 2003.” Rhys has somewhat lived up to that expectation. And when I say somewhat I mean with flying colours! Rhys is a rock climbing, Thai food loving 24 year old from Rockhampton, Queensland. He is the fastest ever man at Penrith over a 40m distance(4.59secs). This speed gives him some extra zip which Penrith dearly lacked last season. With 17 trys in 15 games makes him the leader scorer. He has an amazing ability to do what Lockyer used to do for Queensland, create something out of nothing. Many of his trys have come from exceptional 40m+ breaks. His killer step and lightning fast pace make him near impossible to catch. So why isn’t he in the Queensland team? Well not even Phil Gould and the NSW players can answer you. I quote "It's a bit weird in the sense that he's one of the form players of the competition," NSW prop Robbie Kearns said. Nathan Blacklock seems to think he knows how Wesser feels. Blacklock offered comfort and encouragement for young Wesser, but declined to say what he said to Rhys. Wanting to keep it confidential. Blacklock always found himself on the outer when Origin came around despite being rated the most dangerous attacking player in the game. In both Origin games played so far Queensland have been down and out since the kick off to start both matches. They have lacked the extra zing that New South Wales have been playing so brilliantly with. Wesser would definitely add that X factor QLD need so badly. So I ask you all. Why isn’t Rhys Wesser wearing the number 1 jersey for Queensland?

398 words

broncoman

Juniors
broncoman (c)
#1 broncos

The 7th Immortal

Theres plenty of talk at the moment about the naming of Rugby Leagues 7th imortal. Everyone from experts in the media, former players and the ARL will be involved in the selection of the next imortal. But the big question is, who will it be?
Will it be a pre World War two great who most people never saw play or will it go to a modern day great? Or even a current player such as Johns, Fittler or Lockyer? Everyone will have their say before September on who should be inducted and im going to take my chance to have my say now.

Allan Langer. As a Broncos supporter i recoginize just how great this man was. When he came into state of origin in 1987 they said he was too small and would never make the grade. Boy were they wrong! Not only did he make the grade, he became an all time great. He achieved everything in his career, from the highs of a Rothmans Medal (1992), Clive Churchill Medal (1992), Australian captain (1998) and Grand final winning captain (1992,93,97,98 ) and to the lows of retirement during the 1999 season.
As we all know the rest is history. As far as statistics go this guy has just as much claim to being an immortal as anyone. But the fact he retired just last year will probably go against him.

Dave Brown. I would suspect every person who reads this article never saw this man play. The former Easts great is second to none. He was described as “the Bradman of League”. He played on and off from 1930 to 1941. His career included 9 tests and 21 games for New South Wales. But it was his point scoring feats that made him a great. 98 games - 93 tries and 194 goals. He holds the records for most tries in a season 38 in 1935 as well as most points in a game. 45 (5 tries and 15 goals) in that same year against Canterbury. He spent a couple of seasons in England playing for Warrington but returned to Easts in 1939. Before 1986 the man of the match in the grad final was awarded “the Dave Brown Medallion”. He would certainly deserve a spot in the 7 immortals.

Peter Sterling. “Sterlo” was just finishing his career when i started watching Rugby League. But you can learn a lot from watching tapes! Sterling was part of the great Parramatta sides of the mid 1980’s that along with the Bulldogs dominated the game. As halfback Sterling got a lot of the wraps for the Eels magnificent performances. But he certainly deserved them. He was a great leader in a side of great leaders. I could go
on all day about his performances for Parramatta, but I wont. Many of his great days came playing for New South Wales and Australia. he had the honour of captaining New South Wales in the only state of origin match played outside of Australia (In America 1987). His awards included Dally M player of the year (1986 and 87), the Rothmans Medal (1987 and 1990) and the Adidas Golden Boot for the best international player (1989). His career ended in 1992 after a series of shoulder problems. A great champion who will be right up there when the immortal is picked.

Arthur Beetson. To me this man is what Origin is all about. The first Queensland origin captain, a former coach and a great player. It would be a great tribute to this man if he became the first foward to be an immortal. Again I never got to see him play, but I like what I hear about him. A great man of the game who played with his heart on his sleeve. I really hope “Artie” is highly considered when they chose the 7th immortal.

There are plenty of players that could go on and become the next immortal. But in my mind he should come from these four. Players like Fittler and Johns are great, but let them retire before they are given an honour like this.

695 words

BrentWebb'sno.1fan #3 Bulldogs

----------------------------------------------------------

Warriors Logo

In March 1995, the Warriors were launched amid an explosion, cash, pageantry and optimism never before unleashed on the New Zealand sporting public.

Such was the wave of hype propelling the first professional sporting franchise in Kiwi sport that at one stage Warrior-mania threatened to engulf and overwhelm the greatest of the country’s sporting icons, the All Blacks.

Back in 1994, a small group of Maori protesters gathered on the footpath outside the Customs Street corporate headquarters of Dominion Breweries, major sponsors of the Warriors, in downtown Auckland.

They sang, they chanted. But what was the point asked a bemused passer-by. Those who chose to listen to the explanation were told that the protesters were unhappy with the new Warriors logo, based on a Maori Tekoteko or carved figurehead. The tongue was curved. It should be straight, the demonstrators claimed. A curved tongue was a sign of femininity and lack of courage. The logo must be changed.

Ian Robson, the Warriors’ 31-year-old chief executive, bustled past the group, his mind on the first of dozens of meetings in yet another typical day in the build up to what was looking like the Greatest Show to ever hit New Zealand sport. Robson, baby-faced but constantly exuding powerful confidence of a man whom not only knew what he wanted but how to get it, had already dismissed the Maori protest in the press. A towering man with a snappy fashion sense, Robson had far bigger things to worry about than a bunch of rabble-rousers unhappy with a logo. This mob must have been the only people in New Zealand who weren’t excited about the advent of the Warriors. They needed to get a life and get with the programme.

Later it would emerge that the original logo put to the Warriors by Maori designers had featured a straight tongue. But Robson and his marketing manager, Liz Dawson, felt the Tekoteko was more striking with a curved appendage.

As Robson rounded the corner and headed out of sight, the protesters began a quiet ceremony.

A curse was laid on the Auckland Warriors.

In October 1998, the Warriors were sold by the Auckland Rugby League to a consortium comprising Tainui, Graham Lowe and his business partner Malcolm Boyle. One of the first acts of the new regime was to apply to the National Rugby League for a change to the Warriors logo. Within weeks, the tongue had been straightened.

Did it get rid of the curse?

Hell, no!

After another two seasons in the NRL, the Warriors were still the biggest under achievers of the competition, and were also known as the sleeping giants. Then, the new millennium had dawned and the mood was buoyant at the Warriors. The final flourish to the 1999 season had given the club a fighting chance – not just of survival but the opportunity to thrive. That thought was obvious at the club headquarters and the way the 2000 season was talked up.

And that enormous optimism was translated in the off-season build-up. Season Ticket sales had gone through the roof. At the kick off against the Melbourne Storm, those sales had more than doubled to 8000 plus – the highest level since the first year of the club.

There was also optimism over several off-season signings. Which included Ivan Cleary, leading point scorer in the NRL in 1998. Parramatta’s Mark Tookey, and young sharks centre David Myles and North Sydney utility Scott Pethybridge were picked up at bargain rates to add depth and experience respectively to the outside backs. West’s forwards Matt Spence and Scott Coxon were signed for the same reason.

There was only one problem, the football gods, whom the Warriors had displeased way back in 95, were still not happy. Boy they held a grudge, the club straightened the tongue on the logo, tried to right any previous karmie wrongs by being straight up with people, had got on the Kaumatua, or ‘witchdoctors’ as people called them, to rid the Headquarters, gymnasium, field etc of any evil spirits or curses.

But this was one stubborn curse. And it wouldn’t rest.

This was just one of the problems that the ill-fated Auckland Warriors had.

Word Count 697

Zef

Juniors
Zef. Parra-Bulldogs.

THE SAUSAGE CONSPIRACY AND TURNIP AGENDA. (PART I)

DISCLAIMER: All or some or none of the “facts” within this testimony may or may not be based upon discredited or questionable statements or documentation provided by the author or “contacts” whose credibility may or may not be trusted or whom may or may not even exist. Additionally, the author may or may not be bullsh.tting at any given time or all the time or not at all at his discretion or ignorance.

For those of us involved in the Sausage Conspiracy, the Salary Cap Scandal was not exactly unexpected, especially considering we were responsible for “The Leak” to The SMH. But just like a Shakespearian tragedy, the treachery we unleashed would eventually return to haunt us and lead destiny down a completely different path than anticipated.

My name is Zef Meister –Rebel, Sausage Conspirator and convert to the Turnip Agenda.

This is my story.

The Sausage Conspiracy was a simple plan really: Phase One was the leaking of “that document” to destabilise and discredit our enemies (The Liverpool Syndicate) within the Dogs boardroom. Phase Two would see the boardroom execution of The Syndicate and the installation of Sausage as Chairman in a puppet capacity. Phase Three would then follow - The invasion, occupation and annexation of the NSW Central Coast by the liberated Bulldogs RLFC.

Specifically targeted were North-Power Stadium, Central Coast Leagues Club (“Oasis II”), and a few thousand Junior League players (give or take). We even had sponsorship lined up with State Rail to promote the Millennium Train as the preferred mode of transport for our more “Sydney-centric” supporters.

Of course we expected our treachery could result in the expulsion of the Dogs from Season 2002 and had long prepared ourselves mentally for a sacrificed Premiership. But considering the intentions of The Liverpool Syndicate controlled boardroom, we considered this a small price to pay. So you could imagine our satisfaction as we watched the Syndicate fall as the scandal unfolded - The Hamburglar, ‘Orrible, Lionel, - all gooorrrnnne, all good.

But things soon turned foul for The Conspiracy. As the Salary Cap investigation widened, it soon became apparent that somehow Sausage had got himself implicated….And I mean really, really implicated.

My worst fears were confirmed by a panicked phone call received from Elvis - my contact from deep within the Bulldogs bunker. With five simple words Elvis shattered the conspiracy forever: “You idiot, you fried Sausage.”

Things then really turned ugly. My fellow conspirators and I found ourselves under investigation and were questioned by the “authorities” on a daily basis. I had to make some harsh decisions quickly, and so did the only thing I could do to keep some corner of The Conspiracy alive. I denied everything and ever knowing anybody, especially Elvis (last I heard he was looking at about five to ten).

By the time investigations were complete, eleven out of twelve conspirators were charged over a plethora of offences both related and unrelated to The Conspiracy and the SCS. I was the lucky one after cooperating with the authorities over some minor legal matters and names.

So anyway, I got on with life and soon forgot about Sausage and the stupid conspiracy. But then I received a mysterious phone call in the middle of the night that would change my life forever. A croaky voice whispered - “We know what you tried to do. And we want you to try again. Meet me at <CENSORED>.”

My curiosity got the better of me, I took the bait.

His name was Pierre and he didn’t talk much, just smoked. He showed me an old footy-card and croaked “Do you know this man?”

Stunned (and as a Dog supporter – insulted), I replied “Of course!”

“He wants to meet you, expect a phone call in a few days. He’ll be calling himself Turnip…. Smoke?”

At this stage, I can not reveal the identity of the legend that was on that footy card. All I can even hint at is that he is very, VERY high up the ladder of the new Bulldogs administration. (And so he should be - what a legend!)

A few days later as promised, I received a phone call from the legendary Turnip himself. He invited me to meet him in his office for a quiet chat over scones, some nice Devonshire Tea, and a game of Shuffle-Board or two.

At the turn of the second end, Turnip got down to business…..

TO BE CONTINUED.

750 words, by my count.

Wests is Best

Juniors
Wests is Best
#2 Broncos

The 20-year Revolution

I have been a fan of the game for as long as I can remember. My memory of football can go back to the early 80’s where Parramatta started their first of 3 premierships in succession. Parramatta had one of the best back lines I have ever seen. I loved watching them play – even though I have never been a Parramatta supporter. Their forwards were strong, but by no means a pack that dominated other forward packs. It was the back line that was the making of the side. Sterling, Kenny, Cronin, Ella and any combination of wingers and fullback. They tore apart many a good defence.

But then in the mid eighties something changed. Canterbury, with an awesome pack, began to dominate. They had a totally different style and proved it was the dominant way to play football. Canterbury was as comfortable without the football as they were with it. In defence, It was a case of allowing the opposition to have the ball and to belt them with punishing defence, softening the opposition until they were hurting so much that Canterbury’s backs – slow but powerful were able to make inroads.

At the time I never liked Canterbury, I was a neutral observer of the legendary Parramatta Vs. Canterbury clashes, but always saw Parramatta as the good guys and Canterbury as the villains. Now looking back, I appreciate how good Canterbury was. Warren Ryan was a very good coach, and I think he was a pioneer with a style of football that may not win hearts, but sure did win a lot of matches. People blame Ryan and the Bulldogs of that era for a series of low scoring Grand Finals (1984 - 1986), but they kept winning premierships, so why should they care.

The late 80’s and early 90’s saw the administrators trying to play with rules to get players scoring more tries. Referees began to crack down on players lying on the tackled player, and of course the 10 metre rule for the defence, allowed attacking teams to make big inroads into the opposition territory. The football was fairly good, with Canberra and a little later, Brisbane dominating the game with a similar free flowing game, not unlike that of the Parramatta Eels of the early 80’s. This open style of Rugby League allows the opposition to score tries, but the object of the likes of Canberra and Brisbane was to ‘score more points than them’.

This took us to the Super League era. This would have to rate as the lowest era of football, and I’m not talking about what was happening off the field either. Teams were reluctant to defend. Tries were scored much too regularly. I think the best way to sum up this era (1995-1997) is it was football without passion. Players were being paid more than their worth, and personal gain was more important to the players than playing competitive football. 70 points were regularly scored in games (particularly in the Super League). I was never a fan of this style of football. It makes the try, something that is expected, rather than something that is earnt, kind of like basketball.

Its now 2003, and the Sydney Roosters are now the top side. They are not unlike the great Canterbury side of the mid 1980’s. It has taken nearly 20 years for a team to play football with a focus on strong defence. The Roosters are now the benchmark for all Rugby League teams. All of a sudden the game is as exciting as its been for a very long time. There are less tries being scored, but games are closer, and crowds are on the rise. It shows that tries aren’t the be all and end all for entertaining football. Players are forced to be more creative in attack. Clever passes are being rewarded, and short kicks are coming back, and I can even detect that referees are relaxing on the 10 metres a little more. All of a sudden the dummy half run is not the easiest way to make quick yards. It’s a breath of fresh air.

Other teams are now drastically trying to adapt to the new style, but Ricky Stuart is a mastermind. His Roosters team have the jump on the other teams, and this is why I think the Roosters will win the competition again this year, and good luck to them.

739 words

Slats4ever

Juniors
We all saw the coming and going of the Gold Coast Sea Gulls and the brief stint of South Queensland Crushers. Both teams are now out've the NRL, and we are left with just 2 rugby league team's catering for a population of 3.8 million people, compare this to NSW who have 11 teams catering for their population. There are 4 main reasons why I believe there should be a 3rd team created in QLD.

The first main reason is the blooding of young players. Currently with North Queensland's recent success Queensland is now home to 2 very strong NRL sides. Both have very settled sides with either coaches not making changes to blood younger players like a side like Souths. This means that if you aren't picked you a relegated to playing reserves or Queensland's minor leagues. If a new side was to be opened up it would give even more oppurtunity for younger players to play rugby league. The greatest player of the modern age began his career at the Gold Coast Seagulls, who knows if it weren't for them, would we have missed out on seeing King Wally.

Reason number two is to strengthen the QLD origin side. In the recent series QLD have been outplayed (fingers crossed for this essays sake NSW win origin 3), but even if they don't NSW have been by far the better side. If a third side was to be included it would even out the 11-2 ratio in NSW's favour, making a stronger QLD side more likely. There is so much talent in QLD just waiting to get a run in the top division, that the current set up is stopping them.

The third reason is the current strength of the QRL state competition. There is currently a 12 team competition which exists in Queensland where 6 games are played per weekend. The crowd's at these games can often reach 6 or 7 thousand, which is a far cry from some of the average crowds we are seeing from NRL teams, which just is further to show that there is a large supporter base in QRL, all of whom would be willing to support a 3rd team venture.

The fourth and most important reason is that rugby league is and Australian and predominately QLD and NSW game. We are all aware that currenty there are an odd number of teams in the competition, with one team needing a bye each week. This is a major problem and one which can be solved by the inclusion of another team. This team should come from Queensland as opposed to the Central Coast (NSW already have enough teams), NZ and Melbourne, as the game's heartland is in Queensland and NSW. Sponsorship money for the clubs would also not be a problem, as research which i carried out shows, that many of the top retail firms in QLD including Grace Bros. would be willing to support a new team.

In closing the time is right, for a 3rd NRL team to be set up in QLD. We are currently faced with the odd number in the current NRL system, QLD's young players are not getting the oppurtunity to try their skills against the best, the QLD state of origin side will be strengthened and Queensland Rugby League supporters are simply begging for a new side, due to the current strength of their local competition.

Word Count: 577

The Engineers Room

First Grade
DvdHntr - BULLDOGS

What should be the cut-off?

With every competition that is constructed and played, comes the problem of how to decide the champion. Some would say that it is simple (the best team will beat all the rest). However, this event rarely occurs as the variables within a series of games are much more complex. Theoretically, the best way to decide the winner is first past the post (the team with the greatest amount of points at the end of the season wins). The greatest problem with this solution is that the spectators of the sport, as well as the participants and administrators, want a climactic finish to the season. But the real question is how should a finals series work. Which teams should be involved? How many teams should be involved? Who should play whom in the series to determine the eventual winner? Ever since the first final series was developed these debates have been at least muttered in the hallways of the administration and in the corridors and walkways or the fans. There is no simple answer to the question of which system works, as they are all suited to a particular style of game. The only way to determine the workings of a finals system is to judge each system and how it would work for the sport involved.

In the N.R.L. at the present time, the finals system is one that has been dubbed the MacIntyre System (named after the developer). The format is that of a top 8 whereby the top 4 teams gain greater advantage over the bottom 4 ranked sides and the top 2 teams cannot be knocked out in the initial round. This system pits:

1v8
2v7
3v6
4v5

The two lowest ranked losers are eliminated and the top two ranked winners are given the week off. The other 4 teams are paired off depending on their rank and the previous rounds result and the winners from this round play the teams coming off the break. The eventual winners of these games play in the grand final.

Previously in the N.R.L. and currently in the A.F.L. the other version of this system can be seen.

(a) 1v4
(b) 2v3
(c) 5v8 – loser eliminated
(d) 6v7 – loser eliminated

winner (a) and (b) – week off
…and so on in the same style as before.

But in this competition are these systems the best to imply for the final series or is there a better alternative?

What are the factors that best determine the final series success?

Number of teams in the final series should be determined by only allowing teams to enter if they have won more games than lost. Or if the points of the team are equal or higher than the number of rounds played. The greatest amount of teams must be included for the purpose of keeping the finals race open for the longest time. N.R.L. contains 15 teams so the optimum amount of teams in the finals is 7

A suitable finals system based on the idea of seven teams entering is:

ROUND 1
1 – week off
(a) 2v5
(b) 3v6
(c) 4v7

ROUND 2
(d) Top ranked winner V 1
(e) Second ranked winner V lowest ranked loser
(f) Third ranked winner V other loser

ROUND 3
(g) Winner game d V Winner game f
(h) Loser game d V Winner game e

GRAND FINAL
Winner game g V Winner game h

WORDS 572

THIS WAS SOOOO RUSHED SORRY TO BAILEY!!!!! AND MR BULLDOGS!!!!!

Mystique

Juniors
Mystique for the Broncos

Australia v New Zealand Test Match promises to be an occasion to remember

Anticipation building

Tickets are selling fast and anticipation is building for the Australia v. New Zealand Test Match to be played at Aussie Stadium on Friday 25th July. It’s a chance for League fans to turn out in force and show their support for the game and for the national side.

Historic strip

To add to the atmosphere the ARL has announced the Kangaroos will be celebrating 75 years of the Green and Gold. Rugby League was one of the first sports to adopt the green and gold colours for international fixtures. On Friday night the Australian side will once again run onto the field bearing the green and gold hooped jersey originally worn by the 1928 Kangaroos. 75 years ago the Australians were narrowly beaten 15-12 by England in a nail-biting match. The hoop design has not been used since 1928. The following season’s Kangaroo tour of England saw the introduction of the familiar green and gold V, a strip which has remained largely unchanged over the years. In another welcome addition to the team jersey is the return of the Australian coat of arms which has not been seen on the national team’s jersey since the early nineties. It is hoped the New Zealand Rugby League will follow suit and also send the Kiwis out in a traditional style jersey.

The battle for berths

With tonight’s final Origin match a dead rubber and the series already decided, Queensland players are playing for their pride – after all, not one man amongst them wants to be remembered as being part of a team that suffered a 3-0 whitewash. Players on both sides are also well aware they are playing for the chance to wear the green and gold for Australia.

A back room selection brawl is already brewing as NSW and Australian selector Bob McCarthy has signaled his intention to push for spots for Blues players. Artie Beetson has responded, claiming the balance of power within the selectors traditionally rests with NSW and Queenslanders have always had to fight hard to be recognized. His argument is that players are only as good as their last match and that a good performance by Queensland tonight should see Maroons players being rewarded with test jerseys. Phil Gould disagrees, saying that the performances of the Blues players in the first two matches, when the Origin series was still on the line, should count for more than the final dead rubber.

Despite ARL chairman Colin Love’s assurances selectors will not play state favourites and will chose the best players on their merits, the team to be announced on Sunday is expected to be NSW dominated and is sure to be controversial with so many quality players vying for so few spots.

Quality opposition

Perhaps the fact that the Origin series has been decided so early is another factor in the growing anticipation for the test match. Before 1982, when NSW dominated the annual NSW v QLD clashes, the Test matches were always the most eagerly anticipated matches. When Origin was introduced, the highlight of the representative season for the rugby league fan became the fiercely competitive Blues v Maroons matches, with all the emotion and hard fought rivalry only a local derby can produce. For the player, a green and gold jersey and the chance to play at international level was always the highest honour that could be bestowed upon them but, for the fan, Origin was paramount. The domination of the Australian team at an international level, while immensely satisfying for the Australian league fan, did little to whet the appetite for matches against an opposition that was seen as mostly inferior. The Kangaroos have an impressive record, winning something like four fifths of their matches in the last two decades and have not lost a series in twenty five years.

Times are changing, however. The New Zealand team has proven to be very competitive in recent times and while it’s always good to win, it’s even better to come away victors in a hard fought and closely run competition. Next Friday’s match promises to be an exciting contest and, with a series against the British Lions later this year to be looked forward to, League fans are expected to turn out in force.

Word count: 724 including title

ozzie

Bench
GAME OVER - TIME GIRLS AND BOYS

umftime.gif

Spike

First Grade
Broncos

BroncoCloete - Who Should Wear "The One": 7.4

Short but informative article about the mystery that surrounds Wessers omission from the Queensland side.

broncoman - The 7th Immortal: 8.1

A good analysis of some of the greats in the running to become the next immortal

Wests is Best - The 20-year Revolution: 8.3

A thorough and well written article on the history and importance of a strong defence in rugby league.

Slats4ever - 8.2

A very well researched article with some excellent points on the importance of bringing a new Queensland side into the NRL

Mystique - Australia v New Zealand Test Match promisesto be an occasion to remember: 8.0

A good analysis of the upcoming test match between Australia and New Zealand

Total: 40.0

Bulldogs

BrentWebb'sno.1fan - Warriors Logo: 7.8

An interesting and entertaining look at the curse placed on the Warriors

Zef - THE SAUSAGE CONSPIRACY AND TURNIP AGENDA (PART 1): 8.7

A very entertaining and unique article that would be well at home in an episode of the X files.

DvdHntr - What should be the cut-off?: 8.2

A well thought out article on how to best determine the champion team with a better suited finals system

Total: 24.7

Broncos win

Player of the round: Zef

The Backpacker

Juniors
Zef said:
Zef. Parra-Bulldogs.

THE SAUSAGE CONSPIRACY AND TURNIP AGENDA. (PART I)...

TO BE CONTINUED...

I hope this has a part 2 Zef. I remember reading it at worl and looking foward to part 2 before the wheels fell off. Great read. Cheers.