What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 discussion

billy2

Juniors
Knights stay top of the table for the 5th straight week, but only by 10 points on for and against over Wests.

Only changes for the Knights are suspended players Geordie Connelly and Chad Redman out, replaced by big Josh Allison back from injury on the wing (would have happened anyway) and exciting impact dummy half Chris Knight gets his first run of the season for Redman. Knight is not nearly as good a defender as tackling machine Redman, but the little guy is one of the most dangerous dummy half runners i've seen in the juniors and a great ball distributor. He has been the leading try scorer for the Knights at Mathews and Ball level in his second year of both, and he was very good at NYC level last year. Just too small to be a great defender.

Jono078

Referee
How has this big turn around for the Knights come about billy?

Best defense in the comp, was the best attacking team before last round.

It's been a while since we've seen a successful Knights lower grade, or under 20s I should say.

billy2

Juniors
How has this big turn around for the Knights come about billy?

Best defense in the comp, was the best attacking team before last round.

It's been a while since we've seen a successful Knights lower grade, or under 20s I should say.
I was talking to the mother of one of the under 17s players the other day and she told me they are playing more games, have much more coaching input and are under pressure to put a lot more effort into their footy than previous years.
I think it's obvious the whole junior setup has had a massive shakeup under Graham Murray, and you can actually see players like Tyler Sullivan and all last years under 18s have had massive body shape changes with the extra training.
Tinkler has put a lot of extra money into the juniors and it is showing.

Big Pete

Referee
A ton of changes for the Broncos.

OUT
#2 Rian Diffey - Dropped (Wynnum Manly Colts)
#7 Cam Cullen - Injured
#9 Mitchell Moore - Dropped (Wynnum Manly Colts)
#17 Brett Coutts - Injured

IN
#2 Rhett Webster - Norths MM Cup (AIS Representative)
#4 Soape Palau - Wynnum MM Cup
#14 Billy Brittain - Norths MM Cup
#17 Brandon Lee - Redcliffe MM Cup (AIS Representative)

Nikorima comes into Cullen at halfback, Binge shifts into hooker and Oates covers the backrow.

Going to be a very tough clash for them against the second place Tigers.

Rich102

Staff member
Six changes for the Warriors this week with Carlos Tuimavave, Omar Slaimankhel, Toka Likiliki, Vili Lolohia, Atu Tupou and Chris Ofanoa all back in the team.

Should be more like the Warriors of old.

Big Pete

Referee
Good win too, lead 46-20 but like the senior side let in two late tries when it was all over.

Not bad for a side fielding 5 U/18 debutants.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Warriors look good in the first half even without Carlos to lead 22-6. Tupou has just gone down with an injury though.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Warriors have dominated general play but Raiders have scored a couple of long range tries. They have some massive speed on that flank, both times Omar couldn't even get a hand on them. Speed's a killer.

Great win for the young Raiders, geez this is a club with a bright future one would hope. Down 22-6 I thought it was probably all over but great resilience and comeback.

Raider_69

Post Whore
That was woeful but jeez, the Warriors will struggle to win too many games with refereeing like that

from what i read we got a few very ordinary calls in the first half which helped establish the big warriors lead

Congoo can motor though

billy2

Juniors
Strong win to the Knights, although they faded in the last 15 like they have in many games - let in 3 late tries for Parra to look a bit respectable.

Noa

First Grade
Nice win last night for the Storm.

2 tries on debut to another Vic junior, Dane Chang

190 cm and close to 100kg, 19 this year.

mean_maori_mean

Juniors
congoo can motor but he was made to look faster.
Would of got run down if they had hukatai or hiku playing fullback.

Omar was obviously not fit and made him look faster.

Some of those warriors forwards are lazy and cumbersome.
They really missed guys like Donald Tony and Tuimavave.

Also they had two secondrowers playing centre.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
from what i read we got a few very ordinary calls in the first half which helped establish the big warriors lead

Congoo can motor though

Watched the whole game and I didn't see anything particularly bad either way. I guess as usual the refereeing depends on who you support.