What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 : Vs Penrith Pepper Stadium @ 8.00pm Friday 7th April

Match Day Info: Round Six

Mon 3rd April, 11:10AM

1491182220754.jpg

click here to view this article.

• Penrith Panthers host
    ROUND SIX – PENRITH PANTHERS VS SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS
    The South Sydney Rabbitohs will take on the Penrith Panthers in their first encounter of the 2017 season at Pepper Stadium on Friday.

FRIDAY 7 APRIL 2017, PEPPER STADIUM

GATES OPEN: 5:20pm

NYC Kick Off: 5.35pm

NRL Kick Off: 7.50pm

HELPFUL HINTS
    • Pre-purchase your tickets and save! Click here
    • Members round six is not included in your Membership, but take advantage of your pre-purchase discount found through the Member Zone Offer Hub. Contact the Membership office directly (02) 8306 9922 if you are having problems logging in.

GENERAL INFORMATION
    For Conditions of entry to Pepper Stadium click here
http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/04/03/match_day_info_round.html

Rabbitohs Confident Attack Will Come
Dylan Morris‌, North Queensland Corrrespondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com

Mon 3rd April, 10:50AM

1491180735078.jpg

NRL.com.

After scoring just two tries in the past two weeks, there are concerns that the South Sydney Rabbitohs' attack has fallen away as the competition has moved out of its early stages.

But coach Michael Maguire believes his young team will find their groove, and spoke about his confidence in in his players after being beaten by the Cowboys 20-6 at 1300SMILES Stadium on Friday night.

"We've just got to persist with what we're doing. I know that I've got a playing group in there that has a lot of quality," Maguire said.

"We've got a lot of youth coming through too, some of our younger guys are learning some hard lessons and our senior blokes are working hard to take control of what we're doing out there.

"If we keep persisting with what we're doing… there are some real positive signs, but we've got to make sure we turn that around fast because that's what the competition is about."

‌Souths captain Sam Burgess was also happy with parts of his team's performance in Townsville.

"I thought we turned up well especially in the first half I thought we were in the fight, in the arm wrestle. A few critical errors I think put us on the back foot and swung the momentum," Burgess said.

"I think we just put ourselves under a lot of pressure but I'm proud of the team for staying in the fight. Some great effort out there but… two weeks in a row now, we need to be better, more clinical."

The England representative is confident the team's young players will continue to improve as the season progresses.

"We've got some young boys who've just got to keep enjoying what we're doing and believing in our process and it'll turn around for us."

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/04/03/rabbitohs_confident_.af_news.html

DiegoNT

First Grade
1. Aj
2. Burns
3. Talaki
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T Burgess
9. Cook
10. Turner
11. Sutton
12. Chricton
13. S. Burgess

14. Farah
15. Clark
16. Cherrington
17. Musgrove

rabbitohs95

Bench
1. Aj
2. Burns
3. Talaki
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T Burgess
9. Cook
10. Turner
11. Sutton
12. Chricton
13. S. Burgess

14. Farah
15. Clark
16. Cherrington
17. Musgrove
Hmm not taking sides but I wonder how our team would look with Turner and Clark out.

Cook Aiming For Representative Footy
Martin Gabor, National Correspondent‌‌, ‌‌‌NRL.com

Tue 4th April, 02:30PM

NRL.com.

Hooker Damien Cook says he's happy to hear his name mentioned as a bolter for this year's State of Origin series but admits he has a long way to go before he can be considered for his NSW Blues debut.

The 25-year-old has done his representative chances no harm with a series of electrifying performances off the bench, and it's his speed and energy that has come calling for him to be rushed into the Blues squad.

While Cook believes Origin speculation is premature, he wasn't afraid to throw his hat in the ring for next month's City v Country clash in Mudgee.

"I think it's a bit too soon to be talking about that," Cook said on Monday morning.

"I've just had my first start for the year in the team. Those things will come from playing good footy at club level. Hopefully I can keep playing good footy and we can get a few wins back on the board.

"It is always nice [to be included in Origin talk] because it's obviously a goal for everyone to do.

"If we're going to talk representative [footy], I was lucky enough to be 18th man for Country, and it's the last time they're playing City v Country this year. It was always a game I enjoyed watching growing up so that's the goal to play that one first, and then we can look at Origin stuff.

"I think you've got to prove yourself there before you can talk about Origin. We'll see what happens. Hopefully I can play some good footy and be in the mix."

Cook described his relationship with Farah as a "healthy competitive environment" and thanked the veteran rake for helping him take his game to new heights in 2017.

"It was just unfortunate that Robbie got injured and we weren't able to see the full effect of [our combination] on the field at the same time," Cook said.

"He's very helpful with everything I do. He's always helping me at training and when we train we're right next to each other and we're always talking and helping each other out.

"When I got told I was starting during the week, he was the first one to come say 'well done' to me. He spoke to me all through the week about the game plan and how to start the game. I'm very lucky to have him this week."

Cook is relishing the opportunity to go head-to-head with another Origin hopeful in Peter Wallace.

"He's made a good [switch] going from half to hooker," Cook said. "Especially with those young halves out there, he's doing a really good job in controlling the team and leading them around."

http://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2017/04/04/cook_aiming_for_repr.af_news.html

Latest posts