What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 6 Vs titans

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
My mates booed for that very reason. To get in his head the pea heart

Nothing wrong with that but playing footy is never going to give him the space he needs

I did giggled like a school girl when I saw Reggies Smirk, Peach clapping him and the crowd giving him a standing ovation.

Bryce doesn't seem like he's in a great head space. To say (quoted to Buzz) that he thought Penrith were paying too much for him, showed me he's not the sharpest ax in the shed.

Bryce has crazy talent. But like others I've spoken about he doesn't appeared to be thrilled about doing the hard work. This is why I believe Penrith didn't oppose his leaving. That and all the off-field issues too.

Will he come good.
I hope so for his sake.
ATM though he doesn't seem to be in a great head-space. I'm kinda sad Bryce didn't knuckle down do the hard yards, face up to the issues he created at Penrith.

I know this one fact. If you keep running, yours past will always catch up with you.

betcats

Referee
Yeah I don't get why people are so dirty on Carty. Moylan yes, but Carty didn't do anything, he had some shit going on last year and was distracted, that isn't a crime.

I don't mind the boos cause its footy and if it puts him off its good for us, but people here seem to genuinely hate him

OldPanther

Coach
Tigers have faced Storm twice, Roosters, Broncos, Sea Eagles and Eels. At the start of ghe year they would have been tipped to lose all 6 games. But they show up and have a crack no matter what goes against them.

Panthers draw has been easy so far. But the draw ends up evening out a bit by the time all games are played. We will have a tougher period. Eels will get an easier one

Its the tough games that tell you where you're at though. Panthers can be a legitimate premiership threat if we challenge in all games and win a few of the games against Storm, Roosters, Broncos, Warriors and Dragons

Win 50% of those. Be competitive in them all. Instantly a threat. Lose them all though... we're just making the numbers up

I cant wait to see how we stack up against good sides. See if Maloney is the answer to beating them. Being flat track bullies is fun. But being a premiership threat is better.

Our draw to start looked pretty solid. Moses came out and said it was the Blake try in the first game and subsequent loss that broke their spirit. They did push us in that first game.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yeah I don't get why people are so dirty on Carty. Moylan yes, but Carty didn't do anything, he had some shit going on last year and was distracted, that isn't a crime.

I don't mind the boos cause its footy and if it puts him off its good for us, but people here seem to genuinely hate him

Hate that's a strong word.

Folks like me just want Bryce to play to the level he's capable of. (except when he's playing Penrifth of course :eek:) He's an incrediably talened footy player. (I have no idea whether you were referring to me in your comment / or not) :D

franklin2323

Immortal
I did giggled like a school girl when I saw Reggies Smirk, Peach clapping him and the crowd giving him a standing ovation.

Bryce doesn't seem like he's in a great head space. To say (quoted to Buzz) that he thought Penrith were paying too much for him, showed me he's not the sharpest ax in the shed.

Bryce has crazy talent. But like others I've spoken about he doesn't appeared to be thrilled about doing the hard work. This is why I believe Penrith didn't oppose his leaving. That and all the off-field issues too.

Will he come good.
I hope so for his sake.
ATM though he doesn't seem to be in a great head-space. I'm kinda sad Bryce didn't knuckle down do the hard yards, face up to the issues he created at Penrith.

I know this one fact. If you keep running, yours past will always catch up with you.

He is getting poor advice. Should of started his contract with GC next season. Gone and had a break out of the rigours of footy.

Every forward we had out there besides JFH did a long stint in NSW Cup it helps get the work ethic right.

betcats

Referee
Hate that's a strong word.

Folks like me just want Bryce to play to the level he's capable of. (except when he's playing Penrifth of course :eek:) He's an incrediably talened footy player. (I have no idea whether you were referring to me in your comment / or not) :D

I wasn't referring to anyone particularly no, I was just surprised about the level of dislike there seemed to be for Bryce I guess.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
He is getting poor advice. Should of started his contract with GC next season. Gone and had a break out of the rigours of footy.

Every forward we had out there besides JFH did a long stint in NSW Cup it helps get the work ethic right.

I totally agree. I heard someone say in the media recently that Bryce has shades of Dave Taylor about him. Huge talent. But little or no work ethic. I think it was Stero saying this, who isn't a drama queen.

You're right about reggies it does make a forward very hardened. Look at how Kikua and leota have come back this year.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I wasn't referring to anyone particularly no, I was just surprised about the level of dislike there seemed to be for Bryce I guess.

I don't see it as being dislike. It's about wanting a player to sit back, and realise the're potential and then work hard to achieve it. It's the hard work that makes the difference. Not so much talent at this level.

franklin2323

Immortal
I totally agree. I heard someone say in the media recently that Bryce has shades of Dave Taylor about him. Huge talent. But little or no work ethic. I think it was Stero saying this, who isn't a drama queen.

You're right about reggies it does make a forward very hardened. Look at how Kikua and leota have come back this year.

CHN had a year in NSW Cup before he got a start. As did RCG in fact he was close to getting the ass because he was deemed not good enough. So a stint in lower grades can help

MrBlack

Juniors

I read somewhere that Carty has a clause in his contract that allows him to return to Penrith one day.

If this is the case, booing him is probably a little unwarranted