What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 games involving teams that have won this season

Chipmunk

Coach
All that is required is that it is intentionally a drop kick, and not simply dropping the ball and sticking your foot out in desperation. I have no idea what rule book Vossy was reading when claimed that you have to be aiming at the posts. He might have got confused with the rule regarding penalty kicks (which can be taken by drop kick) which requires you to make a genuine attempt at the scoring the goal.

The confusing thing about Slater's kick was that he was actually in the process of preparing to put through a short kick (or pretending to) when he fumbled....in all likelihood that wouldn't have been a drop kick...but he would have been entitled to drop kick the little stab kick behind the defensive line. So I think it's the wrong call, but once Klein had made the soft call of try, I can't blame the video ref for continuing down that line. It's not his fault that none of the commentators know the rules.

If I'm not mistaken, a player has to claim that a try has been scored for the referee to actually adjudicate on that. At no stage did Billy Slater claim he might have scored a try.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
"The on-field official asked the bunker to confirm that Billy Slater had drop kicked the ball and not knocked on," Sutton said.

"For this to be a drop kick the ball must be intentionally released from the hands and then kicked immediately after it rebounds from the ground.

"It's important to note that a drop kick can occur at any point during a match and does not have to be an attempt at a field goal.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/04/21/03/38/nrl-backs-controversial-slater-try-call?ocid=Social-WWOS

"The on-field official asked the bunker to confirm that Billy Slater had drop kicked the ball and not knocked on," Sutton said.

"For this to be a drop kick the ball must be intentionally released from the hands and then kicked immediately after it rebounds from the ground.

"It's important to note that a drop kick can occur at any point during a match and does not have to be an attempt at a field goal.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2018/04/21/03/38/nrl-backs-controversial-slater-try-call?ocid=Social-WWOS
"Intentionally released from the hands" is the bit they got wrong.

Gazzamatta

Coach
This new Rabbits Coach has done some good stuff. Looking a heap better side from the Poor mans Melbourne clones they have been. Up 24 to 6.

Gazzamatta

Coach
Has been a very entertaining game apart from the constant penalties. Fair dinkum, the next player that signals "10 in the bin" to the referee Id send to the bin. Its a terrible look I reckon.

Incorrect

Coach
Don't forget, Ricky, you can always use the 'plenty more floggings' line at the press conference.
Croker sin binning will be mentioned for sure ... Boys will be hurtin in the sheds, needs more Origin players, refs are out of their depth, Paulo signing for another club mid season is a distraction and shouldn't be allowed.... They'll all get trotted out at the presser....

Croker sin binning will be mentioned for sure ... Boys will be hurtin in the sheds, needs more Origin players, refs are out of their depth, Paulo signing for another club mid season is a distraction and shouldn't be allowed.... They'll all get trotted out at the presser....
Tbf he did put some of the blame on himself the other week. For being too loyal...

T.S Quint

Coach
Lol. Yet no HIA. unbelievable. How good is Burgess? What a player. Loving Souths style. Poor Ricky will be preparing his presser during the final 15 minutes.

Burgess won't be so good when he is suspended for the next couple of games.
I agree that Souths are playing some decent footy though.

hindy111

Post Whore
So Roosters had 2 days extra rest on opponents as did spuths and they won.
Knights also get extra 2 days rest on Tigers. Lets see what happens there.

Latest posts