What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 games involving teams that have won this season

Well it if you read the rule book. Not sure commentators are the interpreters of NRL rules.
I'm talking about the rulebook stuff that's been posted, not the commentators. That it's ok to drop the ball on the ground and kick it immediately. Anyway, I don't see why you need to drop kick anywhere in general play, and rather than having a ref attempt to determine whether it was a deliberate drop kick (which they never are) just change the rule.

hindy111

Post Whore
He intentionally let go of the ball to kick it, but I doubt he intended for it to hit the ground before he kicked it, but I guess he doesn't have to.

Lets be honest a drop kick is for a field goal. Slaters try was taking the absolute piss. Sure he kicked it after he f**king dropped it. 100% no try. Pull your dicks all you want but if a guy like Sandow did that its no try .

hindy111

Post Whore
That's like making a rule that you can't pass the ball unless a bloke is going to score a try.

Just because no one really uses a particular facet of the rules, doesn't mean that the rule should be changed. It's happened once in 50 years, but there is no reason that teams couldn't use it 5 times a game.

Bullshit. What if everytime you dropped the ball you kicked it. Does this then result in fair play? Or do we base it on how the ball was dropped?

Bullshit. What if everytime you dropped the ball you kicked it. Does this then result in fair play? Or do we base it on how the ball was dropped?
The only reason anyone would attempt a drop kick in general play is for a field goal. Therefore any other drop kick is just a knock on. The refs f**ked up and used the ambiguity in the wording of the rules to justify their error.

strider

Post Whore
Actually I can answer that. Most of those times would have been when the ball was unintentionally dropped and getting a foot to the ball before it hits the ground is ok. But if it hits the ground first it's a knock on, which is what happened yesterday.
But he was intending to kick it, just maybe fumbled it a bit

strider

Post Whore
I thought he was going to let it go to kick it but dropped it before he could. He said himself he dropped it. Maybe the rule should just be you can't drop kick other than field goal attempts and drop outs.
Tbh im not even a fan of drop outs. Just let em kick it normally. So the rule is only field goal attempts can be drop kicks

strider

Post Whore
D
The only reason anyone would attempt a drop kick in general play is for a field goal. Therefore any other drop kick is just a knock on. The refs f**ked up and used the ambiguity in the wording of the rules to justify their error.
Ally Messenger used to do drop kicks in his sleep ffs .... its a tradition of the game .... infact we should be doing more drop kicks - there should be incentives for drop kicking

hindy111

Post Whore
I stupidly spent time putting your theory into stats ...

After this sharks game ... teams with 2 or more days extra rest have won 12 times and their opponents have won 5 times

There are also factors like of play at home along with 2 days extra rest would make very hard to best.

Dibs

Bench
I’me just sew happy mie 2nd favorite teem beet those shit f*cks from bogan town twoday . I’ve bean felling you all how crap they arr and how crap we arr and how good the sharks arr and we should pay way more like the sharks. We cood do werse then to ofer big money to get flaeegaan to show BA howe its dun. I new sharks wood wyn. I am Mr 100%.

hindy111

Post Whore
I’me just sew happy mie 2nd favorite teem beet those shit f*cks from bogan town twoday . I’ve bean felling you all how crap they arr and how crap we arr and how good the sharks arr and we should pay way more like the sharks. We cood do werse then to ofer big money to get flaeegaan to show BA howe its dun. I new sharks wood wyn. I am Mr 100%.

I feel for your insecurities.

Sit boo boo sit. Good dog.