What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 V Sharks

franklin2323

Immortal
Cleary should be dropped before TMM is. What form has Moylan showed to deserve being moved? We need players in form before we get them to learn a new role

Moylan is a shit fullback and now has to share his position (or role in the team) with TMM. Thats why neither are killing it. They are sharing the same role. We have 2 sixes and no fullback.

Moylan was the form player of the competition after Origin 3 last year. He was playing half in attack and killed it.

Moylan at 6. Tmm on bench and a ball runnibg fullback would improve us a lot.
So f**king simple isn't it

betcats

Referee
IF griffin didn't move Moylan last year he isn't going to drop TMM to Move Moylan this season no matter how much sense it makes, he has NFI. I almost hope we get f**king flogged this week just so there is no choice but to get rid of griffin. Griffin has completely failed to instil any discipline, patience or resilience in this side, he is failing miserably at his job and is seemingly under no pressure. He has no idea tactically and he doesn't seem capable of getting the boys fired up, what the f**k did we hire him for?

Both Gus and Hook should be really f**king worried, nice to see Gus has done his disappearing act on twitter, real leadership there.

franklin2323

Immortal
TMM, Cleary and Moylan all have 3 Try Assists.

Moylan has made 48 tackles missed 10.
Cleary made 106 and missed 17.
TMM made 179 and missed 20.

Moylan 0 tries
Cleary 2
TMM 2

So tell me again why Martin should be dropped? I know who I would drop on form atm. He is the pretender with C next to his name

That is just further proof of where the problem lies. Too many senior guys not up the standard yet

betcats

Referee
TMM, Cleary and Moylan all have 3 Try Assists.

Moylan has made 48 tackles missed 10.
Cleary made 106 and missed 17.
TMM made 179 and missed 20.

Moylan 0 tries
Cleary 2
TMM 2

So tell me again why Martin should be dropped? I know who I would drop on form atm. He is the pretender with C next to his name

That is just further proof of where the problem lies. Too many senior guys not up the standard yet

Moylan has proven he can be one of the best players in the comp when he is on form. TMM hasn't proven anything. Its not about his form, two young halves just cant get it done in this league. We NEED Moylan to fire for us to be competitive, so do what it takes to make that happen. Our attack was great last year and shit this year, it isn't rocket science.

franklin2323

Immortal
in form the key point there. He, Merrin a few others have been down on what they can produce. I don't see how moving positions will fix that maybe time in NSW Cup. Certain don't see how you can say to Moylan ' you miss tackles at fb, Always run sideways in attack but you can start over one of our developing halves that are outperforming him.

martielang

Bench
Moylan has been horrendous all year bar one game. I don't know how moving him to 6 will change anything. He seems to get the ball as much or more than TMM now and he has done absolutely nothing with it. He never straightens the attack like he used too or a fullback/5/8th should do.

We just don't seem to have the mental strength other teams do. Against both Cronulla & Storm I thought we were pretty impressive the first 20 - 30 mins. Our forwards ran hard, we pushed up in numbers, smart offloads, aggressive defence caused errors etc. We showed we can compete, for a limited time anyway. But as soon as something goes against us, we crumble.

ACTPanthers

Bench
What really gets me about Moylan at the moment, is the amount of times he's caught out defending in the line - So many times the opposition halves see this and put a grubber through with no one but a scrambling Blake to clean up (normally getting caught and forcing a line dropout) - Surely he's been told to get back on D to cleanup those kicks and players that get through?

franklin2323

Immortal
Moylan has been horrendous all year bar one game. I don't know how moving him to 6 will change anything. He seems to get the ball as much or more than TMM now and he has done absolutely nothing with it. He never straightens the attack like he used too or a fullback/5/8th should do.

We just don't seem to have the mental strength other teams do. Against both Cronulla & Storm I thought we were pretty impressive the first 20 - 30 mins. Our forwards ran hard, we pushed up in numbers, smart offloads, aggressive defence caused errors etc. We showed we can compete, for a limited time anyway. But as soon as something goes against us, we crumble.

This is it Martie. I don't see what moving a crazy out of form fullback will do. TMM and Cleary are young they will develop as they play more

What really gets me about Moylan at the moment, is the amount of times he's caught out defending in the line - So many times the opposition halves see this and put a grubber through with no one but a scrambling Blake to clean up (normally getting caught and forcing a line dropout) - Surely he's been told to get back on D to cleanup those kicks and players that get through?

Edwards did the same last week. I say it is tactics but it goes to us being too predictable in attack and defence

betcats

Referee
Moylan has 5 LB assists and 3 Try assists. That is more than either of our halves(in one less game) He is still the most likely of our playmakers to put someone over the line for a try or through a hole even though he is in shit form. When have two halves under 21 ever led a team to the top four? It doesn't happen and its not going happen with us. Keep Moylan at FB if you want I don't really care anymore, but our season rest on Moylan finding form. TMM and Cleary can't get it done, its that simple.

I said last year do we really want to be taking the ball out of one the form players of the comps hands for a rookie? Well we have done that and now the team and Moylan are struggling and TMM isn't doing much with it. He is a better ball runner than Moylan but in terms of creating for others Moylan has him covered very easily. Even woefully out of form he has put more players into space than TMM or Cleary. As stated earlier unless Moylan gets going soon we are done, so figure it out and make it happen but realying on a teen half and a rooke 5/8th to step up and lead us is foolish.

Last edited:

Frankus

Juniors
Moylan is a shit fullback and now has to share his position (or role in the team) with TMM. Thats why neither are killing it. They are sharing the same role. We have 2 sixes and no fullback.

Moylan was the form player of the competition after Origin 3 last year. He was playing half in attack and killed it.

Moylan at 6. Tmm on bench and a ball runnibg fullback would improve us a lot.

Agree for the most part, but what does our backline and bench look like at full strength with Moylan at 6 scenario? Do you drop Blake to make way for Mansour and keep Peachey at centre? Or do you accomodate both TMM and Peachey on the bench?

Griffin will probably play Peachey at centre and then carry TMM and Hiku on the bench. God help us.

franklin2323

Immortal
Moylan has 5 LB assists and 3 Try assists. That is more than either of our halves(in one less game) He is still the most likely of our playmakers to put someone over the line for a try or through a hole even though he is in shit form. When have two halves under 21 ever led a team to the top four? It doesn't happen and its not going happen with us. Keep Moylan at FB if you want I don't really care anymore, but our season rest on Moylan finding form. TMM and Cleary can't get it done, its that simple.

I said last year do we really want to be taking the ball out of one the form players of the comps hands for a rookie? Well we have done that and now the team and Moylan are struggling and TMM isn't doing much with it. He is a better ball runner than Moylan but in terms of creating for others Moylan has him covered very easily. Even woefully out of form he has put more players into space than TMM or Cleary. As stated earlier unless Moylan gets going soon we are done, so figure it out and make it happen but realying on a teen half and a rooke 5/8th to step up and lead us is foolish.

Cleary came straight up from NYC and into FG so needs to learn to play against men. Cronk said it perfect we don't have any idea when we don't have things go our way.

We no halves in the club though. That is the thing we are taking one experiment in the young halves and replacing with another in Moylan. He has only played a game of 5/8th. So no guarantee he is better the chance is Cartwright will go back to halves given JFH is fit now

Munted

Bench
Agree for the most part, but what does our backline and bench look like at full strength with Moylan at 6 scenario? Do you drop Blake to make way for Mansour and keep Peachey at centre? Or do you accomodate both TMM and Peachey on the bench?

Griffin will probably play Peachey at centre and then carry TMM and Hiku on the bench. God help us.
Put Peachy on the bench, Blake to centre and Mansour back on the wing. So lets carry Peachy, AND TMM, and HIKU on the bench. f**k, add somebody else...another small player. Have a quick and nimble bench, will be genius.

mxlegend99

Referee
Put Peachy on the bench, Blake to centre and Mansour back on the wing. So lets carry Peachy, AND TMM, and HIKU on the bench. f**k, add somebody else...another small player. Have a quick and nimble bench, will be genius.
Edwards on the bench.

Could carry a replacement backline.

At full strength I think.

1. Edwards
2. Mansour
3. Whare (left side) / Peachey
4. Blake
5. DWZ
6. Moylan
7. Clary
8. Tamou
9. Wallace
10. Rcg
11. Yeo
12. Peachey / Cartwright (depends on Whare)
13. Merrin

14. Cartwright / JFH / CHN
15. Latu
16. Kikau / Akauolo
17. Tmm

Tmm learning hooker off the bench and offering halves cover this year. Groomed to replace Wallace next year.

Cartwight and JFH to fight for one spot... if either ever stays fit. If both perform well, look at how Whare is going and if he isnt performing drop him and put Peachey back there.otherwise you might even look at dropping Merrin for a bit... but for now none are in form anyway.

I would be tempted to bench Merrin and Tamou too if they dont pull their fingers out. Yeo is the only forward who can hold his head high every week.

chrisD

Coach
It's all about what's coming out of the middle. Widdop is a superstar this season and Moylan is apparently struggling. It was the other way round last season, what changed in both cases is clear as day to anyone paying attention.

Frankus

Juniors
Peachey can't start in the back row in my opinion. He is either at centre or on the bench.

Can't say I agree with your backline mx. I think DWZ at 1, whare Hiku right side and Blake Mansour the other.

Edwards will get his chance later. I just don't see anyway that TMM doesn't drop out of the side altogether if we are serious about moving Moylan to 6.

mxlegend99

Referee
Peachey can't start in the back row in my opinion. He is either at centre or on the bench.

Can't say I agree with your backline mx. I think DWZ at 1, whare Hiku right side and Blake Mansour the other.

Edwards will get his chance later. I just don't see anyway that TMM doesn't drop out of the side altogether if we are serious about moving Moylan to 6.
Why would you split up Blake and DWZ? Their combination last year was awesome.

Edwards at fullback offers more than Hiku on the wing. I would have Hiku and Whare fighting for the same spot to be honest and if neither can deliver Peachey gets it back and both get dropped.

Hiku hasnt been an NRL quality player since 2015. Whare hasnt put in a good season since 2014. Both are capable of being rep quality... but they arent going close to delivering that. Tyrone Peachey was.

Frankus

Juniors
Why would you split up Blake and DWZ? Their combination last year was awesome.

Edwards at fullback offers more than Hiku on the wing. I would have Hiku and Whare fighting for the same spot to be honest and if neither can deliver Peachey gets it back and both get dropped.

Hiku hasnt been an NRL quality player since 2015. Whare hasnt put in a good season since 2014. Both are capable of being rep quality... but they arent going close to delivering that. Tyrone Peachey was.
I'd split them up because DWZ looks so good running the ball back at present it warrants the fullback spot. That's just my opinion.

Hiku has been given less of a chance than Griffin by most on here. Last year pre injury he had issues with his defence but he knew how to find the line. He was great in attack. Whare still knows how to setup his winger and is only a handful of games back from major injury so that pairing could be great. Peachey is stifling our attack in many ways. He can create something out of nothing but we need someone who is going to pass when that is the better option. He just doesn't seem to do that. And Edwards as solid as he has been in his limited opportunities just needs to wait.

Peachey to the bench I think is a logical choice. Hopefully we can improve significantly this week, if not then it needs to be curtains for Griffin.

betcats

Referee
Hiku is an NRL quality winger or centre, he was going pretty good for us last year before being injured. He has some shoddy defence but that doesn't mean you aren't up to it. He isn't worth shit on the bench though.

Latest posts