What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 vs Manly - Play of the Day

T.S Quint

Coach
Without question, play of the day DCE’s 40/20

Was only 2-0 to us from memory around the 25min mark first half. That kicked got them going

Our heads didn’t drop, if anything we pummelled them in defence , it’s as though we said to ourselves ‘not this shit again’.
(I’ll admit I though not this again as well)

From there it broke them badly Ma’u scored soon after. The fancy stuff from us from there on

Cheers DCA

If I was R Simms you would have got my 3 points in the Daily M

Lol, we pummeled them in defence after that kick?
We weee lucky to have not let in a try, thanks the video ref agreeing that Williams' laziness could be mistaken for him being taken out of the play.

I'd actually be very interested in how we would have gone through the rest of the game had that been given a try. I'd like to think it wouldn't have affected the result too much, but I guess we will never know.

Dibs

Bench
First try for me. There were better plays but I think the difference in confidence was noticeable when you compare moses’s First kick a t goal he missed compared to the conversion of that try. It gave belief

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
First set of the second half. We rucked it out well and Norman put in a grubber that sat up in the in-goal, we chased hard and got a repeat set. That to me showed we weren't trying to score at every opportunity but would be happy to grind it out and wait for a defensive error from the opposition.

Gazzamatta

Coach
First set of the second half. We rucked it out well and Norman put in a grubber that sat up in the in-goal, we chased hard and got a repeat set. That to me showed we weren't trying to score at every opportunity but would be happy to grind it out and wait for a defensive error from the opposition.
Great pick OA. It also gave me hope given the usual starts to our 2nd halves these past couple of years.

Gronk

Staff member
Lol, we pummeled them in defence after that kick?
We weee lucky to have not let in a try, thanks the video ref agreeing that Williams' laziness could be mistaken for him being taken out of the play.

I'd actually be very interested in how we would have gone through the rest of the game had that been given a try. I'd like to think it wouldn't have affected the result too much, but I guess we will never know.

Based on 100s of obstruction decisions that was a no try every day of the week. The decoy stopped in the defensive line. Penalty obstruction.

oldmancraigy

Coach
Thanks for doing this MJC - I appreciate it!

Do you think you could make one more for us? The Hoffman dive in attempting to score from 10meters out against Penrith?

emjaycee

Coach
Thanks for doing this MJC - I appreciate it!

Do you think you could make one more for us? The Hoffman dive in attempting to score from 10meters out against Penrith?
You'll need to give me an estimate of the time in the game this happened.
I haven't got time to watch the whole game again to find this snippet.

Obscene Assassin

First Grade
Based on 100s of obstruction decisions that was a no try every day of the week. The decoy stopped in the defensive line. Penalty obstruction.

Yeah by the letter of the law, the player stopped in the line which did prevent Williams from getting across. But if that player wasn't there I still believe the hole would have been, Williams did need to push across harder.

It was a similar situation in our game the week before. Tim was technically a decoy but Havili was jogging across the field and Tim's presence, I believe, had minimal or no impact on the try being scored.

lingard

Coach
You cant show this on Youtube because of NRL copyright issues so the same may apply to this video, its also has the FoxSports logo in it

We were going to set up our own video hosting many moons back (I suggested calling it LU Tube) but due to copyright issues it wasn't worth it as you can only show content that you recorded yourself.

We may not be able to copy official videos so I'll have to look into this.

Had you thought of Loo Tube?

Latest posts