What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

OldPanther

Coach
We could have just hit it up the middle and took the two when on offer, which was pretty frequently. What messed that up was that the Sharks were able to score soft tries.

Very strange to go away from the obviously working simple game plan. Something was clearly off.

franklin2323

Immortal
We could have just hit it up the middle and took the two when on offer, which was pretty frequently. What messed that up was that the Sharks were able to score soft tries.

That is the thing which killed us. Poor options in attack but Sorensen should of been stopped by Peachey or CHN. Their 3rd try CHN should of moved up with Crichton on Dugan. Then on the line Wallace and Tamou should of done better at marker.

It was a bad performance all round but not as bad as everyone carries on

OldPanther

Coach
That is the thing which killed us. Poor options in attack but Sorensen should of been stopped by Peachey or CHN. Their 3rd try CHN should of moved up with Crichton on Dugan. Then on the line Wallace and Tamou should of done better at marker.

It was a bad performance all round but not as bad as everyone carries on

It was terrible. The team seemed either not interested or tired (I am leaning towards this option).

Kikau was out of breath the entire game, the defence was arm grabbing with no lateral movement. The team looked like they were running in sand except for RCG and Fish.

franklin2323

Immortal
It was terrible. The team seemed either not interested or tired (I am leaning towards this option).

Kikau was out of breath the entire game, the defence was arm grabbing with no lateral movement. The team looked like they were running in sand except for RCG and Fish.

Everyone was off a few % that is all it takes. Look at Tamou same amount of metres as last week yet went to sleep at marker and cost us a try

GongPanther

Referee
We were done by two missed conversions which I can't be too critical under the circumstances in regards to the players missing. Two narrow losses out of the first seven games is something I wouldn't have expected after the player losses in the offseason.

Abacus

Juniors
Game really came down to 2 poor defensive plays:
1. Peachey rushes out of the line to get Moylan - Sorensen goes through that gap to score (very surprised at his size, speed and footwork);
2. Crichton misses Dugan on the touchline. If Dugan goes out, its a bonehead play and we seize the momentum.

Certainly looked as though we were less urgent than previous games. I think Fittler mentioned this during the game. It will happen during the course of any season where the team will have down games. Disappointing result though.

franklin2323

Immortal
Game really came down to 2 poor defensive plays:
1. Peachey rushes out of the line to get Moylan - Sorensen goes through that gap to score (very surprised at his size, speed and footwork);
2. Crichton misses Dugan on the touchline. If Dugan goes out, its a bonehead play and we seize the momentum.

Certainly looked as though we were less urgent than previous games. I think Fittler mentioned this during the game. It will happen during the course of any season where the team will have down games. Disappointing result though.

Pretty much this. Why I can't work out how dropping Whare or Wallace changes anything. Not saying either or both won't go before season's end just that they weren't our only problem

OldPanther

Coach
Pretty much this. Why I can't work out how dropping Whare or Wallace changes anything. Not saying either or both won't go before season's end just that they weren't our only problem

Wallace is slowing down the entire team due to hooker being one of the most important positions. It is irrelevant how the tries are scored either way.

James Tamou... he was in position to stop tries (or get a decent shot at stopping them) and he just jogged along making no effort. At one stage he even tackled Duges. Had him wrapped up then just let him go for another 10 metres. There was no effort behind most of his defensive work. Which goes against everything our pack has been doing the past month. Him included.

I almost threw my Foxtel remote at the bloody TV when he missed that tackle on Dugan. Very painful to watch, especially given that he seemed to produce some form the week before against the Titans.

franklin2323

Immortal
Wallace is slowing down the entire team due to hooker being one of the most important positions. It is irrelevant how the tries are scored either way.

We have the equal 3rd attack in the comp whilist having half a backline out. How is that irrelevant? I am far from a Wallace fan but he makes tackles and is an extra kicking option we need ATM. People just like to hate

OldPanther

Coach
We have the equal 3rd attack in the comp whilist having half a backline out. How is that irrelevant? I am far from a Wallace fan but he makes tackles and is an extra kicking option we need ATM. People just like to hate

Nope not hating so don't try throwing that line out as if it has any meaning. None of us have a choice when it comes time to slow down. I think he should get a coaching/advisory role with the team.

It's an absolute fact the team is quicker with Katoa at hooker. Luai can kick and so can Wallace playing at half. Take your pick. No sense not strengthening a position because we have some good team stats.

superpanther

Juniors

I agree . I had noticed that this year he does seem very slow.....slower than last year.. mayhaps played one season too long..................time katoa played more minutes from dummy half

OldPanther

Coach
I agree . I had noticed that this year he does seem very slow.....slower than last year.. mayhaps played one season too long..................time katoa played more minutes from dummy half

It's unfortunate but it's how it is. I don't see why he can't start to dial it back this year and take a coaching role next year.

franklin2323

Immortal
Nope not hating so don't try throwing that line out as if it has any meaning. None of us have a choice when it comes time to slow down. I think he should get a coaching/advisory role with the team.

It's an absolute fact the team is quicker with Katoa at hooker. Luai can kick and so can Wallace playing at half. Take your pick. No sense not strengthening a position because we have some good team stats.

When we are making tweaks before the finals. I am sure Wallace would of been rested to see how we go defensively without him. He is in top 5 for tackles in the comp someone needs to cover that.

We have had a full strength backline only for the Souths game. How can anyone judge what is wrong just ATM?

You may not be but it is no surprise all the haters come out once We get a lose

OldPanther

Coach
When we are making tweaks before the finals. I am sure Wallace would of been rested to see how we go defensively without him. He is in top 5 for tackles in the comp someone needs to cover that.

We have had a full strength backline only for the Souths game. How can anyone judge what is wrong just ATM?

You may not be but it is no surprise all the haters come out once We get a lose

Katoa is a hooker so he should be able to habdle the tackle work. It's a huge part of the position. Wallace would also lock down our weak edge if he's that good in defence.

franklin2323

Immortal
Katoa is a hooker so he should be able to habdle the tackle work. It's a huge part of the position. Wallace would also lock down our weak edge if he's that good in defence.

If he makes 50 tackles he will lose some running game. Look at Friend, Peats etc.

As for the 2nd part. Cleary back in 2 weeks. Peachey is already defending in the centres anyway. You only slide one player in much better for team balance

Latest posts