What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 7 Vs the Sharks

mxlegend99

Referee
He's handled Tamalolololo and Frizzle fine so far. He's not a weak link in the line any more than 90% of halves in the comp
He's not. But if we make it personal we will eventually bust the line through him.

Make sure he needs to make 30+ tackles and not only arewe going to bust the line eventually. He will be sore and exhausted from all that defence and quiet in attack.

OldPanther

Coach
He's not. But if we make it personal we will eventually bust the line through him.

Make sure he needs to make 30+ tackles and not only arewe going to bust the line eventually. He will be sore and exhausted from all that defence and quiet in attack.

He won't have Graham to protect him either. Depending on the side they defend on.

betcats

Referee
Like someone else said if thee sharks are going to do anything this week it will be Moylan who is doing it, he's been their only attack despite looking like he'd rather be anywhere else so just make him work all day, get the ones that hate him to sledge him extra hard etc

I think if Jimmy and Wallace kick well and we don't turn over lots of ball we should really put this one away comfortably.

OldPanther

Coach
Like someone else said if thee sharks are going to do anything this week it will be Moylan who is doing it, he's been their only attack despite looking like he'd rather be anywhere else so just make him work all day, get the ones that hate him to sledge him extra hard etc

I think if Jimmy and Wallace kick well and we don't turn over lots of ball we should really put this one away comfortably.

Well our doubt they have much go forward without a pack so we should be sweet with the kicking you speak of.

MrBlack

Juniors
Peach looked the goods in the second half last week. Maybe he has worked out how to play alongside Maloney. I think he will stand out this week.

Also, Hook has been using JFH to target the opposing halves when we are defending. I am sure Thurston still has nightmares. We will really see what headspace Moylan is in after a few timely hits from JFH.

Gameplan should be pretty simple

1. Run hard through the middle, then
2. Do what Maloney tells you to do......

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Peach looked the goods in the second half last week. Maybe he has worked out how to play alongside Maloney. I think he will stand out this week.

Also, Hook has been using JFH to target the opposing halves when we are defending. I am sure Thurston still has nightmares. We will really see what headspace Moylan is in after a few timely hits from JFH.

Gameplan should be pretty simple

1. Run hard through the middle, then
2. Do what Maloney tells you to do......

Then repeat.

Fangs

Coach

It appeared as though he was coached to try and take on more kicking/passing duties. Less pressure on maloney. Didn't work too well.

Thankfully they pulled the plug on that at halftime. We looked a completely different team when he stays out of the way.

kinghippo

Juniors
I like our backline. CHN and DWZ are both agressive mongrels. Hopefully both on right side together.

Peachey at 6 is still not much of a 6. But if he just runs he will cause all sorts of headaches.

I don't expect Fifita will play. But even if he did I think our pack easily has them covered. Paulo at 13, dear god that's scraping the barrell.

They've also panicked and moved Moylan back to 6. I mean I think he belongs there. But a werk ago he was their best fullback. Now he's not. Their spine isnt being given time to settle. Once our pack beats them into submission. They're going to be relying on hail mary plays (Moylans favorite) and it will be 50/50 it favors us. Each hail mary I mean. We can score some tries off desperate plays from Moyza.

Moylan in the line makes it so much easier to send Fish, RCG, Mez etc. At him also. We dont need to break the line to run at him. We can break the line through running at him.

If both 1 to 17s play. I think us by 16. If Fifita drops out it's hard to see them making a dent in our defensive line at all. Could possibly keep them to 0.

Also I really don't rate either of their centres. Dugan at fullback weakens their defensive line quiet a bit. With the way we were tearing Titans edges to shreds, I predict CHN, Yeo, Kikau and Peachey to all end upwith linebreaks and linebreak assists.

Oh and our biggest advantage... Maloney is going to really want to destroy his former team. Moylan will too. But I think he's going to be crying by the end of this game.
It appeared as though he was coached to try and take on more kicking/passing duties. Less pressure on maloney. Didn't work too well.

Thankfully they pulled the plug on that at halftime. We looked a completely different team when he stays out of the way.
Wallace should be doing more kicking, peachy just needs to play what’s in front of him, and by that I mean forwards not sideways. A pass every now again just to keep the opposition guessing and capitalise on quick play the balls.
As you mentioned he seemed to get the idea second half.

OldPanther

Coach
Wallace should be doing more kicking, peachy just needs to play what’s in front of him, and by that I mean forwards not sideways. A pass every now again just to keep the opposition guessing and capitalise on quick play the balls.
As you mentioned he seemed to get the idea second half.

Yeah if he does this he should be great for Maloney.

mxlegend99

Referee
20180418_124855.jpg

Sharks are playing that badly that no one has voted for them yet. The injury clouds around half their pack certainly aren't helping them.

With our form we should win by a huge margin and potentially go to first on the ladder.

Pomoz

Bench
What we know is this. The Sharks will play tough. It's in their DNA and that's how Flanagan coaches them. It will be a tough match. The Sharks miss the fourth lowest amount of tackles, conceded the fewest line breaks and concede fewer run metres than we do. All this has been achieved on the back of a misfiring spine as they try different combinations to find the winning formula.

None of this will be impacted by losing a couple of forwards. The Sharks are tough mofo's, end of. It will be a war of attrition and we can expect lots of penalties, probably some sin binning and it will be a low scoring, dour affair. If our forwards play tough, we can win this because their attack is struggling and whilst ours isn't brilliant (7the best) the Sharks is worse (second last).

Attitude will win us this game, nothing else. If we are off by even a few percent, they will bash us and win the game.

Latest posts