What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Brisbane @ANZ Stadium Thursday 26th April

Rabbits20

Immortal
Well definitely no Sam.

George faces a nervous wait too!

I hope we aren't a bit tired and slightly off from that big bruising Canberra pack!

This will be a close match @Itsamansgame

Rabbits20

Immortal
@callmack1 I would say Turner will be on standby again in case George is out!

I think George will get off with a grade 1 if he has no carry over points!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
5-3, no worries ;)
You do realise Sam is out and maybe George too!

If both are out, we already have no,

Fuimaono
Musgrove
Talakai
Martin

Murray may still be in a bit of doubt too! Can his hammy handle playing 70mins?? It is a big ask after only having 12-13 days to recover from his injury.

Could be this:

AJ
Kennar
GI
Gagai
Jennings
Cody
AR
Tom
Cook
Clark
Sutton
Crichton
Murray

Hunt
Nicholls
Turner
Tatola

Farah
Douiehi
Burns
Leulaui/Johnstone

If Murray doesn't play we may have only 2 forwards on the bench with Hunt and Douiehi also there. The lack of size would be a big issue up against the likes of Ofehengaue, Lodge, Pangai and McGuire. In fact those 4 are very good players! Add in Milford and Bird along with Lightning Roberts plus Boyd and Oates and they are dangerous all over the park.

The Shoncos win over the Warriors wasn't a fluke @callmack1. Wayne Bennett will have them come out breathing fire!!

I think I'll have no nails left after this one!

The Shoncos will also play like the Dogs did against us. That's slowing down the ruck as much as they can to limit Cook. They'll want a scrappy contest and a magical moment or 2 from their stars to steal an upset!

Yes we have won 4 out of 5 but it's hard to stay up for every match physically after a battering game today!

AR better be practicing his field goals at training this week as we may need them!

Uncle Wayne will complain they were dudded against Storm the other night behind closed doors and make sure they get calls their way this week. In fact I'm near sure they'll get them these QLD darlings of the NRL!!!

I will be there in full voice and passion this Thursday...... I can sense I'll have no voice left come full time!

Last edited:

Rabbits20

Immortal
Sam to miss 2 wks with early plea---fight it & lose;3 wks!!
I know mate. I posted it in 2 threads on here!

He should take 2 weeks and be back against St Merge!

Seibs has lost his marbles if he fights that!

Rabbits20

Immortal
George just fined @callmack1 so that's a relief bro!

AJ
Kennar
GI
Gagai
Jennings
Cody
AR
Tom
Cook
George
Sutton
Crichton
Murray

Hunt
Nicholls
Clark
Tatola

Farah
Turner
Douiehi
Burns

callmack1

Staff member
Can't wait for this!! It'll be a very interesting game that's for sure.

Both Sam an George have taken early guilty pleas so George is good to go for this.

Also can't wait to see us wear that beauty of an ANZAC Jersey!

CliveC

Juniors
Will be a tough ask but the Donkeys are not playing at home etc.Their time clock may be out of whack.
Hope so,given our new coach he may come up with some surprises,the twins are the key!

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Always knew Souths were going to go well even after the Warriors game but Brisbane have been legend killers this year so far. Took down the Warriors and Tigers who were both in form. Don’t think this game will be a blowout. Hopefully the players don’t think that either.

southsport

First Grade
Will be a tough ask but the Donkeys are not playing at home etc.Their time clock may be out of whack.
Hope so,given our new coach he may come up with some surprises,the twins are the key!
I think Souths have been more consistant than the broncs, they have injury problems but we are missing Sam so it could come down to which side turns up on the day.

callmack1

Staff member
My team for this week would be:

1. Johnston
2. Kennar
3.Inglis (C)
4. Gagai
5. Jennings
6.Walker
7. Reynolds
8. T.Burgess
9. Cook