What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 v Eels

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
IN the 80's we always used to lose after we played Newcastle or at the very least really struggled. Why? They used to batter the crap out of every team they played and at the point didn't have the backs to put teams to the sword. You always got a tough game though.

Every team we have played has spent a lot of time camped in their own half defending. It use ups the petrol and probably leaves you a bit short the next week.

We haven't battered anyone we have lost to though. At all.

TheFrog

Coach
Isnt there some fighting between players- What I heard anyhows. A snake amongst the pack- And he likes the ladies
So Hindy111 knows about this, but the club's management don't? Or they do but don't care? Sorry, I think you've been hanging around Rhyno a bit too much.

Pomoz

Bench
I never said we battered anybody. I said we made teams defend a lot and it uses up their juice. If T Puletua was up for it, which was rare, the 2003 could batter a team with Ross, Clinton, Lang, Gulevua and Waterhouse just swamping teams. Needed T to be angry though.

I agree this team is more finesse but it has still managed to get the opposition pinned inside their own twenty, including the mighty Melbourne Storm. If you tackle a lot and win thats good, but it still saps your energy for next week.

hindy111

Post Whore
So Hindy111 knows about this, but the club's management don't? Or they do but don't care? Sorry, I think you've been hanging around Rhyno a bit too much.

I don't think the playing group looks happy. Not sure who to blame. Maybe the fans over hyping their juniors while good first graders like HIKU are used as the scape goat.

TheFrog

Coach
I don't think the playing group looks happy. Not sure who to blame. Maybe the fans over hyping their juniors while good first graders like HIKU are used as the scape goat.
Playing groups very rarely look happy after their 4th straight loss. Especially against the arch enemy. Agree Hiku has been unfairly pilloried.

It's a bit chicken and egg I suppose. Maybe losing is causing a morose playing group, or maybe it's the other way around. Time is running out to pull out of it either way.

He and 'who ate all the pies' Merrin should be leading the pack but they are just way too soft.

Merrin is a stocky sort of a bloke. He looks much like last year body-shape wise to me but there's no doubt he's down on form.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Looked like half the team weren't trying. We are a rabble, there is nothing positive to say about the way we play. Our attack is borderline geniused and our defence is the worst in the comp and now we aren't even trying hard.

betcats

Referee
We are going to lose next week anyway so I would drop tamou, Leota, Browne and Hiku and bench Merrin. I don't care who comes in or if they are in better form. You cant keep rewarding dogshit performances from our highest paid players. Bench Carty as well, if he doesn't play better drop him the week after.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Is Moylan being coached to not be in position to clean up kicks? Or is it just that he's turned into an absolute lazy merkin of a player?

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
We are going to lose next week anyway so I would drop tamou, Leota, Browne and Hiku and bench Merrin. I don't care who comes in or if they are in better form. You cant keep rewarding dogshit performances from our highest paid players. Bench Carty as well, if he doesn't play better drop him the week after.

I'm not sure why Hiku gets thrown in there with the rest of them. He was fine.

Kilkenny

Coach
Sad to say I went to the game. Glutton for punishment I guess.

We were diabolical. To say this was a poor performance is an understatement.

Something is seriously wrong at the moment and frankly it is hard to see us turning it around anytime soon given just how poorly we are performing in all facets of the game.

No point me singling out individuals for criticism I'm sure it has all been said.