What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8 vs. Tigers

Bulldog Force

Referee
Cheers Tim.

2015cby-main.jpg

1. Sam Perrett 2. Curtis Rona 3. Josh Morris 4. Chase Stanley 5. Corey Thompson
6. Josh Reynolds 7. Trent Hodkinson
8. Aiden Tolman 9. Michael Lichaa 10. Tim Browne 11. Josh Jackson 12. Tony Williams 13. Greg Eastwood

Interchange: 14. Sam Kasiano 15. Lloyd Perrett 16. Frank Pritchard 17. Moses Mbye
19. Danny Fualalo 20. Antonio Kaufusi 22. Herman Essese

2015wst-thirdANZAC.jpg

1. James Tedesco 2. Kevin Naiqama 3. Tim Simona 4. Chris Lawrence 5. Pat Richards
6. Mitchell Moses 7. Luke Brooks
8. Aaron Woods 9. Robbie Farah 10. Ava Seumanufagai 11. Curtis Sironen 12. Kyle Lovett 13. Martin Taupau

Interchange: 14. Dene Halatau 15. Matthew Lodge 16. Jack Buchanan 17. Sauaso Sue
18. Delouise Hoeter

2015ref-red.png

Referees: Jared Maxwell, Gavin Badger
Sideline Officials: Russell Turner, Ricky MacFarlane
Video Referees: Shayne Hayne, Luke Phillips

Holden Cup Under 20's R8
FRI 5:20PM | Bulldogs v Tigers @ ANZ Stadium

VB NSW Cup R8
SUN 3:00PM | Wentworthville (PAR) v Wests Tigers (WST) @ Ringrose Park
SUN 3:00PM | Newcastle (NEW) v Canterbury (CBY) @ Newcastle #2 Sports Ground​

Bulldog Force

Referee
Promises to be an interesting game. Tigers will be out to prove a point after the 5th tackle blunder call by the ref against the Raiders, and also Reynold and Hokko are out to prove why they should hang onto their NSW jerseys.

Dogs Of War

Coach
Promises to be an interesting game. Tigers will be out to prove a point after the 5th tackle blunder call by the ref against the Raiders, and also Reynold and Hokko are out to prove why they should hang onto their NSW jerseys.

I think Reynolds and Hokko aren't so much looking to show why they should hang onto there NSW Jerseys, rather they are still looking to get into a rhythm that sees our options particular in the red zone executed much better. I would hate for them to overplay there hand.

It was nice to see us open up Manly last week, but at the same time, Manly were terrible.

Johnnie Red

Juniors
This is obvious but if we can hold the ball and finish the sets off well then we should get up over the Tiggers. We should be too good across the park.

On a side note, Licca has been coming along nicely. Looks like a great signing for us.

MarkC

Juniors
At this stage if the season it is hard to read the form.
The Dogs are still building and the form of Reynolds last game was a big improvement.
The Tigers are anything but predictable, even within a game the difference between their best and worst can be significant.
When it all clicks they can post points faster than any other team.
When it all falls apart they can concede points faster than any other team.
They will have a bit more grit / determination this week, so we will be in for a tougher game.
We can't allow they to jump out to a big lead, they may be hard to run down this time around.
Even when the Dogs have a handy lead, they can't relax until late in the game.
The other concern is Manly seem very ordinary at present, again that makes it hard to read the form.

ek999

First Grade
Herman stood down until further notice after spending part of the day in a jail cell for not showing up to a court appearance for drink driving.

Bulldog Force

Referee

Oh FFS. The fact that he was drink driving should have been reason enough for the club to sack him, yet they keep him on long enough to him to f**k up again by not attending court.

This is the reason I miss Greenberg, he would never let players who f**k up remain at the club regardless of their seniority. Reni Maitua back in 2008 - prime example.

Johnnie Red

Juniors
Oh FFS. The fact that he was drink driving should have been reason enough for the club to sack him, yet they keep him on long enough to him to f**k up again by not attending court.

This is the reason I miss Greenberg, he would never let players who f**k up remain at the club regardless of their seniority. Reni Maitua back in 2008 - prime example.

I completely agree...the club is lacking a strong leader. Raelene Castle has had numerous opportunities to put her foot down with the perfect opportunity to make an example out of James Graham and co for the abuse of the ref.

It doesn't seem like she has the 'balls' to make a tough decision unlike Greenberg.

ek999

First Grade
No one deserves the sack for a mid-range drink driving charge. That is completely ridiculous. Even missing the court date isn't enough. He is simply a young kid who f**ked up. A suspension for a couple of weeks, which has cost him potentially another first grade spot and the match payments that go with it, and a small fine (assuming he is on a low salary) is punishment enough.

Give him a second chance and let him prove that he has learnt from his mistakes and has become a better person for it.

Aus_Dog

Juniors
Don't know if he should be sacked over it, but I don't have much time for drink drivers, hopefully he learns a valuable lesson and straightens up

Bulldog Force

Referee
No one deserves the sack for a mid-range drink driving charge. That is completely ridiculous. Even missing the court date isn't enough. He is simply a young kid who f**ked up. A suspension for a couple of weeks, which has cost him potentially another first grade spot and the match payments that go with it, and a small fine (assuming he is on a low salary) is punishment enough.

Give him a second chance and let him prove that he has learnt from his mistakes and has become a better person for it.

^ That right there is the attitude I'm talking about! That's not what Greenberg would say.

ek999

First Grade
You think Maitua was sacked for one mistake? You really are an idiot

Answer this, if Greenberg has a zero tolerance policy, why was Barba allowed to play for the Bulldogs after he never completed a single session he was meant to after leaving rehab?

Last edited:

Bulldog Force

Referee
You think Maitua was sacked for one mistake? You really are an idiot

Answer this, if Greenberg has a zero tolerance policy, why was Barba allowed to play for the Bulldogs after he never completed a single session he was meant to after leaving rehab?

Because the dickhead was on his way out anyway.

MarkC

Juniors
I'm with ek999 here.
The clubs response needs fit the crime, everyone is usually entitled to a 2nd chance except in extreme circumstances.
On the other hand some blokes never learn ..... as far as I know this is Herman's first offence, but he does need to learn a lesson.

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
It would appear the dogs had no respect for the tigers tonight. Mbye has been good all year but was rubbish tonight. But Reynolds was even worse.

Tonight was not only disappointing for Dogs fans, but NSW fans alike.

Hodkinson and Reynolds showed no reason why they should hold on to their NSW guernseys. I hope they turn this around.

lafai

Bench
Franky and in my opinion Tolman were the only shining lights today. Everyone else was shit