What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 8

AuckMel

Bench
Pies v Cats
Port v North
Hawks v Freo
Swans v Demons
Bulldogs v Suns
Bombers v Tigers
Lions v GWS
Blues v Crows
Eagles v Saints

Pies by 16
Port by 8
Hawks by 12
Swans by 45
Bulldogs by 38
Bombers by 12
Lions by 8
Blues by 4
Eagles by 9

AuckMel

Bench
Off topic guys, but I thought you'd like to know little MW made the EDFL U15 div 1 rep side tonight for the Vic metro inter-league comp over the Queens Birthday weekend.

meltiger

First Grade
^^ Excellent news Ian. Bet he's rapt.

I'd like to go OTT too, just in case the tard shuffles his way into here seeing as he's been avoiding the thread since Saturday afternoon.

lol. funny. Richmond won't get near us. Look at their record, they're good at beating shit teams but they lose to top 8 teams.

We'll beat them by 24.

We won without Goodes when he was suspended against a better than Richmond.

We've won our last game in Geelong and in Perth against West Coast. Before that we had lost plenty in both grounds.

And our narrow loss to Adelaide is being put in perspective by the arse whopping they're handing out to Geelong right now.

Comment on these posts before waffling on about the pink flogs, flog.

Who knows, they may actually have a win this week seeing as they aren't playing a team better than them ;-)

Port v North
Hawks v Freo (Is this in Melbourne or Tasmaniathorn?)
Swans v Demons
Bulldogs v Suns
Bombers v Tigers
Lions v GWS
Blues v Crows
Eagles v Saints

Would LOVE to be wrong on one of them obviously.

Last edited:

BunniesMan

Immortal
The issue is the MCG clearly puts something in our drinks everytime we go there.

Looking forward to the training run that will be a team that I think will seriously struggle to win against GWS.

meltiger

First Grade
Yeah, you covered that in your last quoted post moron. Unequivocaly stated playing at the 'G wouldn't be a problem.

Amusingly though, you are closer to the mark than one may think...

AuckMel

Bench
^^ Excellent news Ian. Bet he's rapt.

Big time.

Was quite funny and stressful. They named the team a short distance from the parents and we all noticed he hadn't been named. Needless to say most of us were pretty shocked and I could tell he was gutted. After about 4 minutes they realised they'd actually forgotten about him and then called his name. Big sigh of relief came over us.

CyberKev

Staff member
Will run with the same picks as for Ian, except I think North will get the job done in Adelaide.

Some good games on offer. Most seem straightforward enough, although Hawthorn could very easily get rolled by Freo. Never like playing at Aurora.

Was also very tempted to run with Richmond, as I don't think Essendon is as good as the hype is suggesting, but they should be able to get the job done (just).

High stakes on offer for both Carlton and Adelaide.

AuckMel

Bench
Lucky win for us last night. Cats kick straight in the last 1/4er and we lose. I'll take it.

Boring game in Sydney. Great game at the G.

Took a Pom, Sth African and an Kiwi to the game last night and the Pom and Kiwi enjoyed it. The SA girl just doesn't get it. The one thing they did say was, how poor the kicking was for goal. Can't really argue much as it's close to the worst I've ever seen.

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
yeh, if we could kick straight it would have been a different result but bad kicking is bad football

and what was that last penalty all about ?

talk about confused fans

AuckMel

Bench
My son reckons it was there (Cats fan), while to me it's just one of those soft ones in the game which annoy me.

CyberKev

Staff member
I must say, Adelaide are developing nicely.

Conversely, Melbourne is beyond deplorable.

meltiger

First Grade
Starting to think you are right Kev. We are far enough in now to start looking at teams.

IMO Sydney, Nth, Richmond likely to fill 8th-10th. Anyone above on their day from that we have seen is capable of winning the whole thing.

Those three would be IMO the first rung of teams that aren't going to win. Again on their day good enough but I would question their ability to do it 4 weeks in a row under finals pressure.

You called it a couple of weeks back. Definitely a deeper year than only 4 teams

Last edited:

Latest posts