What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Cowboys

OldPanther

Coach
Probably should start a thread. 21 I think we name:

DWZ
Crichton
CHN
Whare
Phillips
Peachey
Maloney
Merrin
Wallace
RCG
Kikau
Yeo
JFH

Katoa
Hetherington
Leota
Tamou
Egan
Ellis
May
Aekins

Not a bad 21 by any means. It'll be interesting how they handle May and how he responds after such a serious injury with a long time out.

Abacus

Juniors
Team picks itself after Phillips performance yesterday.

1. DWZ
2. Chrichton
3. CHN
4. Whare
5. Phillips
6. Peachey
7. Maloney
8. Merrin
9. Wallace/Katoa
10. RCG
11. Kikau
12. Yeo
13. JFH

14. Katoa/Egan
15. Hetherington
16. Leota
17. Tamou

Only question is whether Wallace is right for next week. Otherwise don't mess with team until we get some troops back with some timein their legs.

Panthers by plenty.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Probably should start a thread. 21 I think we name:

DWZ
Crichton
CHN
Whare
Phillips
Peachey
Maloney
Merrin
Wallace
RCG
Kikau
Yeo
JFH

Katoa
Hetherington
Leota
Tamou
Egan
Ellis
May
Aekins

I think they will go with that. You could shuffle the last 4 reserves around a bit.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Not a bad 21 by any means. It'll be interesting how they handle May and how he responds after such a serious injury with a long time out.

I wouldn't risk May. I know the ISP team has the bye next week and they are keen for him to play straight away but its too risky to play him in FG straight up without a hit out.
He had a long break with a serious injury and zero pre season. He will be rusty and sluggish.
Blow the rust off in reserve grade the following week. They have already pushed his return date back a few weeks ago. I wouldn't rush him.
Play Katoa off the bench as utility. If Wal isn't right play Katoa and let Egan stay on the bench.

OldPanther

Coach
I wouldn't risk May. I know the ISP team has the bye next week and they are keen for him to play straight away but its too risky to play him in FG straight up without a hit out.
He had a long break with a serious injury and zero pre season. He will be rusty and sluggish.
Blow the rust off in reserve grade the following week. They have already pushed his return date back a few weeks ago. I wouldn't rush him.
Play Katoa off the bench as utility. If Wal isn't right play Katoa and let Egan stay on the bench.

The best option probably.

mxlegend99

Referee
100%.

Dunno why we would want to rush him into first grade. We have utility options. He's certainly not ready to start a game at 6.

Pomoz

Bench
Hook said in the press conference "May is quality and doesn't need to play in ISP. He can come off the bench“.

A huge wrap for May. To be considered a first grader after just a handful of games, is a massive achievement.

Whino

Bench
I would rather Katoa off the bench next week than May.
If Wallace's neck plays up within the first 5 minutes of the game and is forced off I wouldn't want May playing hooker for 75 minutes.
We got our pants pulled down last year playing a underdone Whare & Hiku.

franklin2323

Immortal
Hook said in the press conference "May is quality and doesn't need to play in ISP. He can come off the bench“.

A huge wrap for May. To be considered a first grader after just a handful of games, is a massive achievement.

We have a backrow that plays 80mins. Katoa can play backrow ...I'd give him 10-15min off the bench. Better than nothing

franklin2323

Immortal
I would rather Katoa off the bench next week than May.
If Wallace's neck plays up within the first 5 minutes of the game and is forced off I wouldn't want May playing hooker for 75 minutes.
We got our pants pulled down last year playing a underdone Whare & Hiku.

May in for Hetherington would be my pick

Luke Bowden

First Grade
May is no stranger to the No.9. He’s played 9 in the U20’s and Reserve grade.

Might be to much to ask 1st game back though.

Team picks itself after Phillips performance yesterday.

1. DWZ
2. Chrichton
3. CHN
4. Whare
5. Phillips
6. Peachey
7. Maloney
8. Merrin
9. Wallace/Katoa
10. RCG
11. Kikau
12. Yeo
13. JFH

14. Katoa/Egan
15. Hetherington
16. Leota
17. Tamou

Only question is whether Wallace is right for next week. Otherwise don't mess with team until we get some troops back with some timein their legs.

Panthers by plenty.

Maybe swap CHN with Yeo?!? That would be my only possible change.

Other than that, looks good

tripster

Juniors

If you search his name on YouTube there is a lengthy highlights video (which I can’t now find). He looks sensational. Only unfortunate thing is that a lot of his skill centres on having a great step and acceleration, so I hope the ACL injury hasn’t permanently ruined things before he even got off the ground in first grade.

Last edited:

Latest posts