What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Cowboys

martielang

Bench
Anyone think it is worthwhile playing May next week against the Knights at 5/8 so we can move Peachy into the centres? May is going to be there when Maloney or Cleary gets picked in Origin so why not start now?

The pack is fantastic, the bench is going great (Katoa's speed is welcome off the bench!), Dallin will be ok (needs to get the garbage out his game though), I thought Phillips was really good.

The only glaring problem is the left side in defence with whichever second rower centre (Yeo/Kikau/CHN) and Maloney rushing out all the time. It needs to be fixed and fixed now if we don't want to be constantly chasing games because teams will be sending 90% of their attack down that side after our performances in the last two weeks.

Other than that its all about luck with injuries and getting people back.

I just don’t know if Peach back to centre would really improve our defence. I think people forget he had his issues when he played there with our full squad.

Throwing May straight back in & starting Would be a massive risk IMO & I think Yeo could handle Matuatia or Ross, neither are quick.

Anyone think it is worthwhile playing May next week against the Knights at 5/8 so we can move Peachy into the centres? May is going to be there when Maloney or Cleary gets picked in Origin so why not start now?

Next week no. He has had no pre season and has no match fitness and is coming back from a long term serious injury.
Would be lucky to play 20 - 30 mins max in first grade. Smart thing to do is play a week in the Isp.
He needs to blow the rust off and get match fit.

BxTom

Bench
Refs weren't why we were down 20-0... They didn't help though some dodgy calls

The Thurston try looked like O'neil was in front of the kicker.

Nearly all of the penalties given to Klein's team in the first half were in the Penrith 20 and most of the penalties given to us were in our 40.

Tom.

franklin2323

Immortal

Nearly all of the penalties given to Klein's team in the first half were in the Penrith 20 and most of the penalties given to us were in our 40.

Tom.

Yeah that was worth a look that try. Early on attacking their line Peachey looked taken early. DWZ over the horizontal too other ones missed

tripster

Juniors

Tom.

Klein was dropped back to reserve grade after the Tigers v Broncos debacle. He has then played pocket ref in a few games. I think this might have been his first game back as head referee, and I didn’t see anything to suggest that he deserves to be back.

Fangs

Coach
Look at the other angle, it’s not a clenched fist, he’s trying to shove him.

Trying to shove his chin straight through his face?

DWZ has form. I don't think any of our players are 'dirty' but he has pulled moves like this plenty of times. Likes a good slap as well.

And while I didn't see it myself 2GB claimed he through a punch earlier in the game as well. Before the sin bin.

They were against the Titans we should be winning..I agree though its a great initiative been to 2 of the last 4 games in Bathurst myself... But you gotta admit not playing this game at home was a huge factor in us not getting the win along with half the team out.... You don't take games against last years Grand finalist to Bathurst that just simple Imo.... We need all the help we can get in games like this and if it was at Penrith park we have a huge leg up there, not so much in Bathurst...

Last 2 were against the raiders.

I think we lost to the titans out there.

My guess is they thought cowboys wouldn’t like the cold.

The Teach

Juniors

Tom.

And yet for Tyrone Phillip's second try, where he was onside by 6-8 metres, they went to the bunker to check it. Very inconsistent

The pack is fantastic, the bench is going great (Katoa's speed is welcome off the bench!), Dallin will be ok (needs to get the garbage out his game though), I thought Phillips was really good.

The only glaring problem is the left side in defence with whichever second rower centre (Yeo/Kikau/CHN) and Maloney rushing out all the time. It needs to be fixed and fixed now if we don't want to be constantly chasing games because teams will be sending 90% of their attack down that side after our performances in the last two weeks.

Peachey isn’t exactly a great defender either.

It’d help with the forwards though because hetherington is now out too.

kinghippo

Juniors

I definitely think we should move peachy to the centres next week , I thought he should of been there this week.
The backline needs stability if we are going to get our defence in order and peachy is going to be back there one way or another soon.
Peach to centre, Wallace to halfback.Wallace just has to tackle and put a few kicks in until Cleary is back.
Katoa being on the field would hopefully give us a bit of spark we loose by playing Wallace in the halves.
May needs 80 in reserves but hopefully could be rounding out the bench at least very soon.

Last edited:

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Trying to shove his chin straight through his face?

DWZ has form. I don't think any of our players are 'dirty' but he has pulled moves like this plenty of times. Likes a good slap as well.

And while I didn't see it myself 2GB claimed he through a punch earlier in the game as well. Before the sin bin.

Who cares if he has form. Felt started it and DWZ didn’t through a punch.

He pushed him in the shoulder with an open hand. It was an over reaction from the ref.

He also didn’t throw a punch earlier, they are talking about a minor wrestle on our goal line.