What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Cowboys

TheFrog

Coach
I'd be taking them to court for my earnings if I had that happen.
If a change were made it would have to be written into contracts, which no doubt are written in accordance with current procedures. Anyway my point was more about Nathan coming straight into the NSW side for the first time from a serious injury, this being a risk to both player and club. Maybe there are better ways of stopping this happening than holding him back, as someone said, especially with one of the selectors being so closely connected to the club.

OldPanther

Coach
If a change were made it would have to be written into contracts, which no doubt are written in accordance with current procedures. Anyway my point was more about Nathan coming straight into the NSW side for the first time from a serious injury, this being a risk to both player and club. Maybe there are better ways of stopping this happening than holding him back, as someone said, especially with one of the selectors being so closely connected to the club.

It certainly is a risk. If he comes back and plays his normal game I don't think anything will keep him out.

CCJohnC

Juniors
Fox Sports are saying Wallace to return DWZ to fullback but Tom Eisenhuth into back line.
Cannot see this as I think Tyrone Philips is the go.

franklin2323

Immortal
Fox Sports are saying Wallace to return DWZ to fullback but Tom Eisenhuth into back line.
Cannot see this as I think Tyrone Philips is the go.

He and Coleman did have a big one on Sat night but I doubt it was anything like that. They are just probably looking at the 21 from last week and guessing.

franklin2323

Immortal
People said Phillips was fast but he runs like JAC. Afterburners. Wow.

ISP fullback is a good prospect too.

Edit: you were on point about Luai's running game.

Yeah he is great speed. Struggled when at centre but we only want him on the wing.

That is the side of Luai that has been missing it is like he changed his game to try to get into FG and it doesn't suit him. That is what he should do every week get lazy tired defenders and burn them

OldPanther

Coach
Yeah he is great speed. Struggled when at centre but we only want him on the wing.

That is the side of Luai that has been missing it is like he changed his game to try to get into FG and it doesn't suit him. That is what he should do every week get lazy tired defenders and burn them

I'm at 47 minutes in and will be surprised if Phillips is left out. looks like he wasn't out at all.

Sime_11

Juniors
hoping JFH gives nightmares to Thurston again this week.

Peach at 6 is becoming solid - just keep telling Maloney to take the kicks (with Wallace/katoa chipping in) and Peach to keep running & passing - couple of good assists for Peach on the weekend IMO.

if Whare can pull off another couple of good hits, that would help as well.

Kev07

Juniors
If you search his name on YouTube there is a lengthy highlights video (which I can’t now find). He looks sensational. Only unfortunate thing is that a lot of his skill centres on having a great step and acceleration, so I hope the ACL injury hasn’t permanently ruined things before he even got off the ground in first grade.

Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has named his side to face North Queensland Cowboys at Carrington Park on Friday.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak shifts to fullback in place of the injured Dylan Edwards, while Tyrone Phillips is set to make his Panthers debut on the wing. Peter Wallace returns at hooker after overcoming a minor neck complaint.

The Panthers will wear the black 2018 Home Jersey.

SECURE YOUR SEATS NOW

CATCH THE PANTHER BUS TO BATHURST

Panthers v Cowboys
7.55pm Friday
Carrington Park

1. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Hertz
2. Christian CRICHTON - sponsored by Potter Automotive
3. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Annlyn Motors
4. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Col Western Sheds
5. Tyrone PHILLIPS - sponsored by Chardon and Abbott Home Loans
6. Tyrone PEACHEY - sponsored by Elite Sand and Soil
7. James MALONEY - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
8. Trent MERRIN - sponsored by Signace
9. Peter WALLACE (c) - sponsored by HIX Group
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by Daily Press
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Sinclair Ford
12. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA - sponsored by Heartland Holden
13. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by OAK Plus

14. Sione KATOA - sponsored by Irresistible Pools and Spas
15. Jack HETHERINGTON - sponsored by Chemtools
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Steel Roofing Supply Centre
17. James TAMOU - sponsored by ABL Tile and Bathroom Centre
18. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by OAK Plus
19. Nick LUI-TOSO - sponsored by OAK Plus
20. Tom EISENHUTH - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Kaide ELLIS - sponsored by OAK Plus

OldPanther

Coach
Panthers coach Anthony Griffin has named his side to face North Queensland Cowboys at Carrington Park on Friday.

Dallin Watene-Zelezniak shifts to fullback in place of the injured Dylan Edwards, while Tyrone Phillips is set to make his Panthers debut on the wing. Peter Wallace returns at hooker after overcoming a minor neck complaint.

The Panthers will wear the black 2018 Home Jersey.

SECURE YOUR SEATS NOW

CATCH THE PANTHER BUS TO BATHURST

Panthers v Cowboys
7.55pm Friday
Carrington Park

1. Dallin WATENE-ZELEZNIAK - sponsored by Hertz
2. Christian CRICHTON - sponsored by Potter Automotive
3. Isaah YEO - sponsored by Annlyn Motors
4. Dean WHARE - sponsored by Col Western Sheds
5. Tyrone PHILLIPS - sponsored by Chardon and Abbott Home Loans
6. Tyrone PEACHEY - sponsored by Elite Sand and Soil
7. James MALONEY - sponsored by Protech Locksmiths
8. Trent MERRIN - sponsored by Signace
9. Peter WALLACE (c) - sponsored by HIX Group
10. Reagan CAMPBELL-GILLARD - sponsored by Daily Press
11. Viliame KIKAU - sponsored by Sinclair Ford
12. Corey HARAWIRA-NAERA - sponsored by Heartland Holden
13. James FISHER-HARRIS - sponsored by OAK Plus

14. Sione KATOA - sponsored by Irresistible Pools and Spas
15. Jack HETHERINGTON - sponsored by Chemtools
16. Moses LEOTA - sponsored by Steel Roofing Supply Centre
17. James TAMOU - sponsored by ABL Tile and Bathroom Centre
18. Wayde EGAN - sponsored by OAK Plus
19. Nick LUI-TOSO - sponsored by OAK Plus
20. Tom EISENHUTH - sponsored by OAK Plus
21. Kaide ELLIS - sponsored by OAK Plus

This is exactly how I thought it'd go. May is quality but no need to shake up the team while we're winning and Phillips was just necessary and played himself into the position.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I'm actually going up for the game. It's quite a good venue Carrington park. Just be aware, NO FOOD or Drink is allowed into the venue, as the country league runs the food and drink stalls, and this is there big money maker for the year.

Latest posts