What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Cowboys

hindy111

Post Whore
I feel cowboys eventualy will click but who knows when. On paper still a top 4 side and Panthers weakest side of year.Danger game

May would’ve made the bench too light.

Light on minutes and light in weight.

He may not get a regular gig in first grade until we have a new 80 minute hooker.

Kev07

Juniors
May would’ve made the bench too light.

Light on minutes and light in weight.

He may not get a regular gig in first grade until we have a new 80 minute hooker.
May has bulked up and club was preparing him to wear the 13.
Hence why Merrin has been moved to prop. Merrin couldn't hit passes in drills & setplays,doesn't have the ball playing skills and neither does JFH
He will the be the ball playing lock

OldPanther

Coach
Hence why Merrin has been moved to prop. Merrin couldn't hit passes in drills & setplays,doesn't have the ball playing skills and neither does JFH

I like this more than words can express. That's such good balance for the team since he can run well too.

franklin2323

Immortal
He will the be the ball playing
lock

Yep. He is around 100kg's was earmarked for the backrow since 2015. Kinda like a Wade Graham mould

kinghippo

Juniors
Good changes to the team this week, moving yeo and bringing in Philips.
Yeo just continues to be amazing no matter where he is placed but he looked dangerous and made some good tackles in the centres last week.

Merrin needs the fat back on. Hes so much less effective without it

TheFrog

Coach
It's quite a good venue Carrington park.
Well it's quaint. Rather like Penrith Park five years after we came in, when we first had a covered grandstand, but not as big a capacity. It's a country footy oval like dozens of others. I went the first year, it was freezing and wet, and we lost. The joint was chockers at under 9,000. Wal did his ACL that day. Unless I'm mistaken, Whare did his ACL training at this place in 2016 as well. Fingers crossed for Friday.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Well it's quaint. Rather like Penrith Park five years after we came in, when we first had a covered grandstand, but not as big a capacity. It's a country footy oval like dozens of others. I went the first year, it was freezing and wet, and we lost. The joint was chockers at under 9,000. Wal did his ACL that day. Unless I'm mistaken, Whare did his ACL training at this place in 2016 as well. Fingers crossed for Friday.

Yep it is an old fasioned country ground. I love the grouns where I as a teenager had to help keep flying footy balls away from my big brothers new car. (you parked your car round the ground).

Where the smell of rubbing spirit (methol) perminates the place. (actually that still happens if you sit in the western grandstand at Penrith.

Even though I'm pretty unwell at the moment (as I said to my GP yesterday, nothing but nothing was gunna stop me from going). Pretty pumped.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Yep it is an old fasioned country ground. I love the grouns where I as a teenager had to help keep flying footy balls away from my big brothers new car. (you parked your car round the ground).

Where the smell of rubbing spirit (methol) perminates the place. (actually that still happens if you sit in the western grandstand at Penrith.

Even though I'm pretty unwell at the moment (as I said to my GP yesterday, nothing but nothing was gunna stop me from going). Pretty pumped.

The ground has improved since that first year too. (no divets etc anymore)

OldPanther

Coach

Hope your health improves.

Pomoz

Bench
How do you know this Kev07? Good to hear that the club puts that much thought into planning its roster. If that comes to fruition, where does that leave JFH? Prop?

OldPanther

Coach
How do you know this Kev07? Good to hear that the club puts that much thought into planning its roster. If that comes to fruition, where does that leave JFH? Prop?

He's playing as a prop now with the 13 so it makes sense.

People on here have argued over and over that the ball playing lock is extinct. Was repeatedly used as the excuse why Carty wasn't played there

betcats

Referee
It will come back once someone makes it work. It worked well for us a few times with Carty coming off the bench and playing lock last season.

Latest posts