What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ROUND 9 v MANLY

Curns13

Juniors
George to get 4 weeks after taking the early guilty plea...........Ch10.
He is either the biggest moron in rugby league history or is going out of his way to be suspended. That's 3 matches in a row where he has deliberately committed an act of foul play. 2 elbows (and an attempted punch) and a massive deliberate shoulder charge? WTF is going on with him? Doesn't a new baby usually help you mature as a player?

Curns13

Juniors
Hey R20, how much are Manly gonna win by this week? If the Broncos were gonna beat us by 50 then surely Manly must be 20 point favourites. Maybe I'm being generous, with the number of duds in the teams perhaps it should be 30 points. What do you reckon, R20?

Rabbits20

Immortal
Hey R20, how much are Manly gonna win by this week? If the Broncos were gonna beat us by 50 then surely Manly must be 20 point favourites. Maybe I'm being generous, with the number of duds in the teams perhaps it should be 30 points. What do you reckon, R20?
I'm not here to troll like you are. I know you use other forums and just come in here to stir things up.

I wasn't the only one who thought we would get pumped!!!!! A couple of guys in my bay who have never backed or tipped against Souths once in their life were expecting to get pumped by 40 plus but they still tipped Souths. I am sure there were many others who thought we'd get pumped too hence the bandwagoners are falling off with us getting only 11k there the other night.

I think we will beat Manly actually by 4 points.

Yes we do have some players who aren't up to it.

AJ is not performing imo at fullback. He struggles defensively and in attack he isn't executing properly!!!!! He doesn't run the ball enough or pop up in the middle looking for tired defenders.

Talakai has good heart and runs hard but his defence is costing us big time. He is a turnstile and keeps making wrong choices.

Jennings knocks on far too much and hasn't been executing. His defence has been iffy too.

Have you noticed how Madge is trying to get Turner out of the back row and into prop as he hasn't been performing in the second row and doesn't break the line. I like what Madge is doing and Turner could turn into a Luke Stuart at prop but as I said he doesn't cut the mustard in the back row as we saw once again the other night.

Have you heard how we are trying to get rid of Clark????

Also we won't be held to ransom to give AJ and Gray what they want.

Richo isn't silly Curns!!!!!!!

Geez isn't Crichton a positive on another note!!!!!!!

Musgrove is going good.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
I'm not here to troll like you are. I know you use other forums and just come in here to stir things up.

I wasn't the only one who thought we would get pumped!!!!! A couple of guys in my bay who have never backed or tipped against Souths once in their life were expecting to get pumped by 40 plus but they still tipped Souths. I am sure there were many others who thought we'd get pumped too hence the bandwagoners are falling off with us getting only 11k there the other night.

AJ is not performing imo at fullback. He struggles defensively and in attack he isn't executing properly!!!!! He doesn't run the ball enough or pop up in the middle looking for tired defenders.

Talakai has good heart and runs hard but his defence is costing us big time. He is a turnstile and keeps making wrong choices.

Jennings knocks on far too much and hasn't been executing. His defence has been iffy too.

Have you noticed how Madge is trying to get Turner out of the back row and into prop as he hasn't been performing in the second row and doesn't break the line. I like what Madge is doing and Turner could turn into a Luke Stuart at prop but as I said he doesn't cut the mustard in the back row as we saw once again the other night.

R20 You should know by now that common sense does not prevail on here mate....Shadow...

Musgrove is going good.

Curns13

Juniors

Musgrove is going good.
I've never posted on another rugby league forum in my life. I just don't post here very much because you and your stupid mate have ruined the place. And you did say we would lose by 30 and agreed with Dumbass when he said the Broncos would win by their highest ever margin against us and that our team was shit.

So what now, R20?

Attachments

• IMG_6536.PNG
    IMG_6536.PNG
    107.5 KB · Views: 5
  • IMG_6537.PNG
    IMG_6537.PNG
    125.9 KB · Views: 4

CAFPOW

Juniors
I've never posted on another rugby league forum in my life. I just don't post here very much because you and your stupid mate have ruined the place. And you did say we would lose by 30 and agreed with Dumbass when he said the Broncos would win by their highest ever margin against us and that our team was shit.

So what now, R20?

I am with R20 on this one. It was possible that we could have lost by 30 and possibly more with Reynolds out and a slug on the right Wing and a player who wants to play touch footy at right Center. We had Forwards from the previous game who ran sideways looking for gaps instead of taking on the line.

Now, either we continue our form from the Boncos game against the Seagulls or do we revert back to our old ways.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I am with R20 on this one. It was possible that we could have lost by 30 and possibly more with Reynolds out and a slug on the right Wing and a player who wants to play touch footy at right Center. We had Forwards from the previous game who ran sideways looking for gaps instead of taking on the line.

Now, either we continue our form from the Boncos game against the Seagulls or do we revert back to our old ways.
Thanks mate.

I'm not looking for trouble.

I think we can beat Manly just.

foreverinourshadow

First Grade

BRILLIANT POST!!!!!...Shadow...

foreverinourshadow

First Grade
its a big loss that gburg is out ......We some how always seem to be behind the 8 ball this year with what ever we do?... george burgess has really got to wake up and get his act together for the good of the game and our club and sponsors and fans his repeated stupid outbursts are uncalled for particularly this year and george needs discipline to be installed ASAP...Shadow...

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
1. Alex Johnston
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Musgrove
9. Cook
10. Turner
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. Sam Burgess

14. Farah
15. Talakai/Murray
16. T Burgess
17. Clark

I would like to see this squad with George Burgess out. I think talakai could be a good bench forward. I don't know if he could play big minutes or not though. Bring the big boppers on when manly are tired.

Jennings also needs to see the ball more. He is a potential threat when holding the ball.

Rabbit toes

First Grade
Manly have a good away record. If they turn up like they have in previous weeks we could be in trouble
We seem to play well against Manly, hope the trend continues

I'd like to see this as a team

1. Alex Johnston
2. Burns
3. Hunt
4. Jennings
5. Goodwin
6. Walker
7. Reynolds
8. Tom Burgess
9. Farah
10. Turner
11. Sutton
12. Crichton
13. Sam Burgess

14. Musgrove
15. Murray
16. Cherrington
17. Clark/Talakai

Would be happy to see Jennings on the wing with Goodwin to the centre, If and that's a big IF Goodwin can provide ball to Jennings. Jennings speed would be more potent on the wings.

After the broncs performance Farah gets the full 80 min gig. 5/6 starting forwards can play 80 mins in a pinch which is handy.

Clark/Talakai could go either way. Clark will defend his guts out but will unlikely make big metres
Talakai will be damaging off the bench but could be a defensive liability in the middle.