What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 V Melbourne

BennyV

Referee
Field had an opportunity to show his wares in the halves on Saturday and was comprehensively outplayed by Jack Payne.

Herbert was very good at fullback as well and while his selection there was a surprise, he looked very comfortable there, which for him is no surprise.

FWIW, I really rate both Herbert and Payne...
Payne is solid enough at lower levels but he doesn’t have a future in first grade.

I’m also a big fan of Herbert. Very skilful young player with rear leadership attributes to boot.

Dragsters

First Grade
Payne is solid enough at lower levels but he doesn’t have a future in first grade.

I’m also a big fan of Herbert. Very skilful young player with rear leadership attributes to boot.

Plenty thought Payne would struggle with the step up from 20s to playing against men but he has proves he can handle it well. With more experience I think he has what it takes to progress.

Could potentially make a decent future understudy to hunt.

Herbert plays way more mature than his age...

SBD82

Coach
With all of the faux controversy about the Try that was disallowed and the Sac whack, I think that our forward pack has been largely forgotten.

First time that we have looked dominant against a pack containing kasiano. Our pack truly looks to be the goods this year. Their first contact is so good, and their linespeed has improved dramatically. It really is a joy to watch them hunting as a unit and showing up for one another. So proud of the boys.

Frank Facer

First Grade
With all of the faux controversy about the Try that was disallowed and the Sac whack, I think that our forward pack has been largely forgotten.

First time that we have looked dominant against a pack containing kasiano. Our pack truly looks to be the goods this year. Their first contact is so good, and their linespeed has improved dramatically. It really is a joy to watch them hunting as a unit and showing up for one another. So proud of the boys.
We have got the best pack in the comp.

Bench
Looking forward to Graham and Burgess do battle. Sims needs to crush their hooker. He is a dangerous player if not watched.
All our games are big games. Souths are on a roll but I think we will have their measure.
Saints by 10

dragonssamy61

First Grade
No, I don't think so. I'm pretty sure Mann came on for Friz in the 73rd minute. JDB came off and the other four players stayed on the sidelines. I was looking at them and no one moved and I was counting the players on the field. We had 12.

Exactly what happened

Latest posts