What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Newcastle Away @McDonald Jones Stadium Fri 4th May @6pm

Rabbits20

Immortal
We must re-group quickly as this is gonna be very tough and a hostile environment in front of a parochial Newcastle crowd. If we dish up what we did tonight it won't be good enough. Kennar is definitely out so either Hunt comes in pushing Gagai to wing or Campbell slots in there. I'm not sure what Seibs will do. Most likely Hunt I'd say! A left of field option is Douiehi to centre but that makes it 2 weak targets for Newcastle to run at so surely Seibs won't do that!

Possible line up:

AJ
Gagai
GI
Hunt
Jennings
Cody
AR
Tom
Cook
George
Sutton
Angus
Murray

Doueihi
Nicholls
Clark
Tatola

Farah
Campbell
Turner
Burns

I expect a tight contest here @callmack1. It's crucial to get the win for our season as it's looking unlikely against St George who are just too good currently.

King Bunny

Juniors
its winnable pending on if reynolds is needled up and can play pain free after all the no7 jumper in my view is the most important player in any team to lead the team around the park adam cant remain being a passenger such as thurston is at present for the cowboys thurston is there by name only. if james maloney was a cowboy then thurston would be benched or side lined,Doueihi may end up at no7 before the final whistle is blown whom may well just win this upcoming game for us at newcastle.We should had gone harder for maloney can you imagine a cody walker/james maloney halves combo?Adam has been having constant injuries from 2015/18 time to go adam it aint winning us games your playing at around 25% whereas maloney is playing at 100%.

Travitoh

First Grade
I'd be very disappointed if Souths are unable to bounce back from the Brisbane loss with a win against Newcastle.

Itsamansgame

Juniors
We need Cameron Murray to wear Ponga like a glove and Gagai at his best defensively as well,I have a feeling that Kalyn will be running a lot of lines towards Crichton he's defensive work has been very average IMO and Ponga will make mince meat of him.
Just hope Cam's leg speed is back to normal as he's going to have to be busy.
Quite simple really shut down Ponga we win this one,I would also be giving Tatola the green light to use Ponga as a tackling bag and smash him hard.

Rabbits20

Immortal
We need Cameron Murray to wear Ponga like a glove and Gagai at his best defensively as well,I have a feeling that Kalyn will be running a lot of lines towards Crichton he's defensive work has been very average IMO and Ponga will make mince meat of him.
Just hope Cam's leg speed is back to normal as he's going to have to be busy.
Quite simple really shut down Ponga we win this one,I would also be giving Tatola the green light to use Ponga as a tackling bag and smash him hard.
I think with Richie out Hymel will go to right centre which is good as he's strong defensively.

Whilst you will be in a hospital bed and maybe on morphine out of it I'm sure you'll find a way to mumble to a loved one something about the Souths match hahaha like did we win?? I don't know if they'll wanna tell you though for your health.... I bloody hope they get up for us but more importantly for you!!!

I'll be at work but my sister will send me the score and if we win Itsa you'll be the first guy I think of also along with Callmack who's battling currently. Can't say what with though, that's his call to make! I'm praying for both you lads!

My family also needs prayer currently @southsport. A lot been happening!

We could all do with a a Bunnies triumph!!

If Gagai gets picked at centre again then we will be toast. Ponga will target him all night. In fact, I'm worried about both our centres defending Ponga as Inglis' lateral movement is not that great either. I think Ponga will fancy himself to run around both our centres if given the chance.

If Hunt moves to centre, that will strengthen up one side but he will have his work cut out as well. The trick will be for Murray and our back rowers to get up in the faces of the inexperienced Newcastle halves and cut down the time they have to get the ball out the back to Ponga. If he see's any sort of quality, early ball he will cut us to shreds.

In the meantime, I'm hoping our big blokes can set a platform for Cook to carve them up the middle all night. If Ponga is chasing Cook all night, he'll be too tired to chime in so often in the back line.

One thing for sure... If Newcastle are 10 out from our line and shuffling the ball towards Ponga, our Wingers have to take the risk and come in hard at him to cut him off. Nine times out of ten, the ball is going to him anyway and if it doesn't then we have to back ourselves to cut it down anyway.

I guess the positive is that Ponga is only a small guy. He has explosive pace but Gagai should be able to foot it with him in most cases. At least he'll have more chance of running him down than Hunt.

Oates on the other hand... He was a different proposition and Gagai couldn't handle his power game at all.

southsport

First Grade
Who??? Gags?? He plays for the Maroons there. Give him a go there first!

AJ has improved his defence quite a lot!

AJ needs to work on his support play!
Waste of time talking about it as Gagai will most likely stay at right centre.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Waste of time talking about it as Gagai will most likely stay at right centre.
So on another forum I read that Campbell is possibly getting the nod over Hunt.

Wrong call I think!

We will be all at sea on that right edge.

Gotta feel for Campbell as he will get the blame but it's all 4 of em on that right edge.

southsport

First Grade
So on another forum I read that Campbell is possibly getting the nod over Hunt.

Wrong call I think!

We will be all at sea on that right edge.

Gotta feel for Campbell as he will get the blame but it's all 4 of em on that right edge.
Amazing, you have the best sources R20! ;)