What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 v Newcastle Away @McDonald Jones Stadium Fri 4th May @6pm

Rabbits20

Immortal
Yep, it went over my head at first.

What do you think about Angus knocking the ball out of Sio's grasp?
I watched it back and I thought it was a last ditch tackle actually but he didn't knock the ball out.

@callmack1 onto my review:

Firstly we need to be more clinical. When we got up 16-4 we just went through the motions. Yes completing very well but not asking many questions. On half time when we didn't get to our kick on the last that was very costly. We gave Ponga just a little bit of time too and when you do that you pay. Give him an inch and he takes it. I thought that Sutto had to make that one one on SKD and that wasn't good enough. I'm also gonna be critical of him again in that then he missed a tackle on their half one on one and they went on to score their first try. Also early in the second half he threw the ball to no one and Sione raced away. He should've been under the posts Ponga but they stuffed it. St George will make us pay for those kinds of things. Also previously many have a go at AR in defence but Cody is close to the same and gets found out quite a bit too! Sutto and Angus have to do better to help our halves out.

I also want to see our line speed better! In defence at times we could slide a bit. We don't do it at all!

We just gave them too many offloads and line breaks. Must be better than that to beat a top side!

AJ: He's coming of age. What an effort. Really getting involved and doing his best to control the defence too. I remember the commentators saying how he was calling out another number to our right edge. In covering that right edge though we need to be careful on the left!
Graham: Was very good. Mad a try saver too. Got through lots of shit work and got pushed back a few times though. Still young and will get stronger. When Kennar is back I'd have Campbell on standby. Kennar in over him.
Gagai: Was sound. Just need to get him involved more. Instead of catching a flu out wide he needs to come looking in the middle for the ball.
GI: Very proud of him apart from when he lets the Knights scored their second try! He's getting involved more.
Jennings: Very good under the high ball. Must be working hard on that. Got through lots of shitwork and I like how when he makes ground down the edge he then comes in field rather than get pushed out. He's maturing nicely.
Cody: Very good performance. Should be very proud under those circumstances.
AR: That kicking game is coming back and looking very good. His passing getting better too. Without his kicking game the Knights would've had better field position.
Tom: Loving his work. Keeps on motoring. He's a point to prove!
Cook: Wow what an effort. Vintage Cookie again. Defence on song too! Great darting runs and his passing so crisp and fast!
George: Much the same as Tom.
Sutton: Running very nice lines and doing the tough stuff! He looks strong and fit! Just those couple of things I mentioned he needs to be better at
Crichton: Well I wasn't that happy overall. Yes he got through his tackles but didn't make many hit ups or wasn't prepared to really dig deep! Just cruised through which I wasn't happy about. He'd better pull his finger out next week!
Murray: Love this kid. What a worker! Very good in the middle!

Douiehi: Not much game time.
Nicholls: What a role he played. All those tough hit ups at a high work rate.
Tatola: Like the last week didn't have as much impact but was still solid. Didn't do anything wrong.
Clark: What an impact he had with energy in his runs and offloads plus quick play the balls. I'd be keeping him in over Tatola next week. Seibs probably won't do that though!

CliveC

Juniors
Saints were lucky last time,Duffy got a loose ball when GI was tackled without the ball ,Cody engineered two tries and then dropped two passes,won't happen again.
Their pack was done in,we ran out of time!

southsport

First Grade
Saints were lucky last time,Duffy got a loose ball when GI was tackled without the ball ,Cody engineered two tries and then dropped two passes,won't happen again.
Their pack was done in,we ran out of time!
I just watched my recording of that game today, Souths had some really bad calls go against them too that stopped all their momentum.

CliveC

Juniors
I just watched my recording of that game today, Souths had some really bad calls go against them too that stopped all their momentum.
Funny. I watched the game again too and the possession was around 60/40 thepenalties around 6-2 at one stage both stats their way!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I'll be out there using all my voice!!!

It's redemption time!!!

Gotta get some our way surely....

Dragons getting heaps of calls all year!

CliveC

Juniors
I'll be out there using all my voice!!!

It's redemption time!!!

Gotta get some our way surely....

Dragons getting heaps of calls all year!
I would like to see Sims get smashed he was aiming up at Reyno all night last time.Sam is back Tariq I wonder if you will be so brave this time around?

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
I would like to see Sims get smashed he was aiming up at Reyno all night last time.Sam is back Tariq I wonder if you will be so brave this time around?
Don't forget we have Jimmy Graham who makes Sam laugh, and then he gets stitches in his tummy.....that will stop Sammy