What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 9 vs Cowboys - Game Day Thread

emjaycee

Coach
Fire Up you merkins!!

It's game day and if we win tonight, we are 5/9 and on-track for the semis.
Let's hope Semi has a big one in what could be his last game in Blue & Gold.

Last edited:

emjaycee

Coach
It's game day and time to reflect that this could be Semi's last game for the Eels.

He faces court in a few days and unless charges are dropped or gets NG on all counts, the NRL will hand out a lengthy suspension or worse de-register him.

Justice is paramount and we not condone DV.

If it does not pan out in a positive way for the club, thanks for the ride Semi. I can't recall watching a player like you for ages. Definitely a once in a generation player.

Copied this here as it's relevant to today's clash.
Nicely said Gronk.

Incorrect

Coach
Has Thurston been shaved from the 21 man squad yet?? I suspect not, there would have been no point including him at all if they were to rule him out at the earliest opportunity?

EDIT - just found this from Timmah in the main Game Day thread - JT still a chance of playing;

Hoare & Fensom drop out for NQ
Niukore & King drop out for Eels.

Incorrect

Coach
I'm glad Thurston is playing. Whilst I think the Cowboys overall are on the decline, any team with JT I and JT II in it will give you an idea of whether you're a legit Finals contender...

hindy111

Post Whore
I wont be watching but ill record it and watch replay of we put up a good fight.
Fire up.

Gronk

Staff member
Im expecting a game of two halves tonight.

If we can score more points than them, we could win it.
If we win it be against the NRL script so I fully expect to be charged with something like having 14 players on the field or running a red light in the team bus and be stripped of our points.

Incorrect

Coach
If we win it be against the NRL script so I fully expect to be charged with something like having 14 players on the field or running a red light in the team bus and be stripped of our points.
I fully expect the Cows to get the rub of the green from the ref's... JT back, we'll be penalised for anything and everything early, Cows to get out to 18 point lead midway through the first half and we'll be up against it from there.... Ref's will even things up in the 2nd half and we'll eventually go down by 10....

hybrideel

Bench
I fully expect the Cows to get the rub of the green from the ref's... JT back, we'll be penalised for anything and everything early, Cows to get out to 18 point lead midway through the first half and we'll be up against it from there.... Ref's will even things up in the 2nd half and we'll eventually go down by 10....

That sounds like the script to quite a lot of our games