What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RTS Captain Happy

Iafeta

Referee
He's a big talent. Of course he will be in demand.

I wouldn't put too much credit in the Mole. Since Matt Elliott left he has lost his word out of Auckland.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Mole isn't that far above the Lurker these days.

Any club that needs a fullback upgrade will look at RTS.

While the Warriors continue to play shit, the chances of him leaving will increase.

This journalism stuff isn't difficult.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Sounds like RTS is winning all the fitness drills and he's not happy about crossing the finish line to look back and seeing no-one.

Change in an organisation can be hard for some to accept. I heard RTS was training the house down last year and if Im not mistaken, even took the team on some training runs. Corvo might've came in and said something along the lines of 'you guys have done old shit'. Of course Im just speculating with my own little twist, but thats based of what Im hearing with the inclusion of this trainer named 'Corvo' and what Im hearing about a rather disgruntled RTS hiring his own trainer and doing extras.

22tn4o.jpg

vvvrulz

Coach
Don't know how I feel about that to be honest.

RTS didn't inspire me in the least but he's better than Blair who'd be the ultimate snooze.
Mannering doesn't want it and fair enough, which leaves Johnson as my pick which is a bit scary.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Blair is already following the same all talk no walk BS that Issac Luke spouted from the day he arrived.

http://www.nzherald.co.nz/league/news/article.cfm?c_id=79&objectid=11978915

A reported $1.95 million deal no doubt helped eased his concerns, but the Whangarei—born forward insists his return home was driven by a desire to lift both the Warriors and the wider national game.

"It crossed my mind. The decision was made because I wanted to give back to where it all started for me," he said.

"I know there's a lot of great talent around New Zealand and I'm passionate about the country in general, so the decision [was about] coming back and trying, with the help of other people, to put the Warriors where I and everyone thinks they should be, which is playing finals football.

Yeah, OK. We'll see. Passion for NZ wasn't exactly dripping off him at the World Cup.

JJ

Immortal
Blair talks a lot... then aside from the big hair and occasional dog shot, not clear to me what he offers - a small upgrade on Charlie Gubb?

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Blair...- a small upgrade on Charlie Gubb?
Nah Blairs better than Gubb. He brings more IMO.

Gubb is about as entertaining as Brent Todd, but at least Todd gave Sheens consistency and thats why he picked Todd every week. Old school Raiders fans will probably think Im audacious to compare Gubb to their great Todd but they're both nothing special to me, they just do their job. When comparing Gubb to Blair - Gubbs probably physically stronger than Blair but thats about all I can give him.

Blairs got a higher work rate and experience over Gubb. He's in his twilight years now but Blair wasn't too bad in his prime which included a solid game in the RLWC '08 final. With that experience usually comes leadership so it'll be interesting to see what he does in those close games, also, how many times he pops up on our MOTM 3-2-1 system.

Sounds like RTS is winning all the fitness drills and he's not happy about crossing the finish line to look back and seeing no-one.

Change in an organisation can be hard for some to accept. I heard RTS was training the house down last year and if Im not mistaken, even took the team on some training runs. Corvo might've came in and said something along the lines of 'you guys have done old shit'. Of course Im just speculating with my own little twist, but thats based of what Im hearing with the inclusion of this trainer named 'Corvo' and what Im hearing about a rather disgruntled RTS hiring his own trainer and doing extras.

22tn4o.jpg
Havent seen the sand dunes pictures yet.

Couple of articles out today on training.

https://www.radionz.co.nz/news/sport/348732/warriors-taking-extreme-measures-to-make-top-eight

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/sport...rove-the-best-buy-of-the-2018-nrl-season.html

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
I continue to say it...but in the last two years we've been in games leading at the 60, 65th minute against the likes of the Storm, Broncos, Raiders etc. Only to fall away in the final minutes.
Hopefully this guy will give them what their missing to close games out.
Add in our new recruits for this year and I'm quietly confident...

Scott

Bench
I don't recall previous summers reading how the boys were training harder than ever etc.

This is terribly exciting stuff to read. Sand dunes too, woah

It was the surf lifesaving that got me feeling all warm & positive inside....

I continue to say it...but in the last two years we've been in games leading at the 60, 65th minute against the likes of the Storm, Broncos, Raiders etc. Only to fall away in the final minutes.
Hopefully this guy will give them what their missing to close games out.
Add in our new recruits for this year and I'm quietly confident...

While physical fitness should be improved the mental side is a huge issue as you can see from the Kiwis, not many are in a good headspace.

Latest posts