What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rub-a-dub dub. Something needs a scrub vs Best team in the comp

Card Shark

Immortal
Perspective
6 try’s to 4
We had 2 disallowed that were given as try’s on field.
It took the f**kers 20 minutes to find an excuse to disallow them.

4 bullshit penalty goal right in front in about the first 15 mins.

We lost Gallen at about the 15th minute
Fif at about 32 min
Wade at halftime

With 20 to go we were still in it and were what looked like to be less than a converted try behind.

We had a bloke playing his first game with the team as one of our main forwards.

That f**ker Klein was making up penalties
Widdop kicked it?
What bullshit.

He pinged Brailey for a forward pass yet let’s widdop throw one twice as bad where they nearly score .

The strip on Vaughn
The f**ker had played the advantage .

Prior on report?
What a f**king joke
The stinkin Pom got smashed plain and simple.

Add Bakuya and even Seggy to the casualty list as well.

Bring Ramien and Katoa back
f**k off hogko - sorry dude the game plan just changed.
Too slow - I’ve seen 3 dudes run straight around him for try’s in 2 weeks.

Last chance chad
Put Moylan back to 6
Dugan back to fullback

So Dugzo
Valzo
Ramzo
Luetzo
Katzo
Moyzo
Chadzo

Chuck Paulo in
Let em go nuts

You forgot “we played a very well drilled side, the premiership favourites...even beyond April.”

Slackboy72

Coach
That was a very decent effort from a team falling apart at the seams from injuries.
We only 'constructed' one try against your goal-line defence at the very end when it was all over.
Every other try was just sloppy tackling or Dufty burning you for speed.

You however 'constructed' four tries against us (two while we were down to 12) when we've been conceding no more than two a match.

You had a decent team on paper until last night. Fifita, Gallen and Graham are massive losses that will cost you a few games.
Your other big problem looks like you don't know who's playing where.
Who's your fullback? (hint: it shouldn't be a pea heart who doesn't like to tackle)

Snoop Shark

First Grade
I’m one to bag a player but seriously give the kid another chance.

Dillon gets called into a side Vs the current competition benchmark. Undefeated all year. Yes he was lazy with that Dufty try but so was Wade and those other 4 or 5 blokes that didn’t move up.

I’m not sure what you blokes expect from a kid playing prop in his first game? He could only do so much.

All I’m saying is there was a hint of effort from the kid out there and I think he deserves another crack.

Stake Removed

First Grade

Dillon gets called into a side Vs the current competition benchmark. Undefeated all year. Yes he was lazy with that Dufty try but so was Wade and those other 4 or 5 blokes that didn’t move up.

I’m not sure what you blokes expect from a kid playing prop in his first game? He could only do so much.

All I’m saying is there was a hint of effort from the kid out there and I think he deserves another crack.

Snoop i agree and considering he had to play a lot more minutes then he would have been expected, and he did keep trying, and this club has given players plenty of chances when they have first started David Simmons comes to mind

Craigshark

First Grade

I’m sure the plan wasn’t for him to play what seemed like nearly 60 odd minutes. Takes a bit to get use to the pace of First Grade.

Nightingale was out. If the Dugan try was awarded, whether Holmes touched it or not there wasn’t enough evidence there to take it off him in my opinion, I reckon we go on with it. We had all the momentum and the Dragons heads had dropped big time.

Weaponhead

Coach

Dillon gets called into a side Vs the

current competition benchmark. Undefeated all year. Yes he was lazy with that Dufty try but so was Wade and those other 4 or 5 blokes that didn’t move up.

Fair points. The kid got found out but had a go. The dropped ball after we scored was critical.

He will get another shot with injuries but he did not look to have the athleticism needed to play at this level.

Frenzy.

Immortal
I think they went well actually. We actually had better attack than them IMO (see above guest washup by Slackguts)

Fatigue was a major contributor IMO. Obviously all the wounded troops didnt help. The fact we are remedial learners in regards to the crackdowns is also a major contributor. Old habits dying hard I suppose. Dufty. Cats.

Mythlan - 2. He was atrocious again. Won’t run courage lines, wont get in front of attackers, wont even attempt to take difficult passes. Uncordinated in clean ups. Hello Kitty. Bigger cat than Felix
Felix - 4. Underinvolved. So much defense of him written by the fan boys about his weally sooper dooper hitups yet where were they when they were needed. Someone find his dummy and shove it back in.
Dugan - 6. Good efforts by him. Looked dangeous, defended well. Great TA to Sylvester
Loots - 4. For his defence. Was he feening for Feki?
Cedric - 6. Probably the best back. Had far more purpose than his wing colleague. Had a real dig
Hokko - 3. For his TA to Capwell. Everything else was mud. Missed some vital tackles through being laterally and explosively slow. Gave him TBOTD about his knee but it is obviously no good in anything other than straight lines. Not an answer
Coif - 4. Didn’t do much wrong. Didn’t bring any bells and whistles for the fans to gush over either. Did have to contend with about 450 kgs and 1000 games experience vanishing in front of him though.
Prior - 4. On the decline. Consistently hitting too high the last few weeks. Sign of being lazy, jaded and lacking concentration.
Brailey - 5. Suffered from the losses in the frontline like the Chad did and did show a little bitta Ennis setting up a try but things arent working for him. Have noted in my head diary that no one follows him when he darts from DH. Might be communication issue. Maybe those around haven’t recognised this. Would hope they would.
Fifita - 8. Massive loss, was all over their forwards. Even at his worst he is our best forward by a country mile. Irreplaceable if it goes pear shaped for him
Graham - 5. Actually think he was better and looked dangerous. Had a snail inside him though (Hokko), new winger on his extreme outside and shit service with late ball. However, still looks jaded big time. World Cup hangover?
Lewis - 6. Old pro without anything spectacular. Is he overcalling charnts on the right? Is Chad overplaying him or is this just Flano all 101 I am seeing because the right side is dysfunctional and I gotta say he is a contributor
Gallen - 5. Probably will be met with the chagrin of the populus here but he’s no where near as effective this year. He’s workimg hard but the impact is diminished. Leg speed is gone. Dont remember a belltinger from him this year.
Paulo - 5. I like him but he’s like a randomly selected first piece of a 10,000 piece jigsaw. No idea where it goes.
Capewell - 5. Played above himself. Liked him better when he went at the inside shoulder of the defence like he did for his try. Defence impressive
Ava - 1. Tits on a bull. Did not step up and rise to the challenge presented. Must of gotten him cheap.
Dillon - 3. Awkward debut but pulled his sleeves up. Was probably only expected to play 10-15 minutes. He’s better than what we saw

Last edited:

M2D2

Bench
would you have shown yourself had we lost?

sorry, rhetorical question.
you can be seen anytime from anywhere you're so fat.
this-is-a-little-savage-memegenerator-net-21740241.png

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Loots - 4. For his defence. Was he feening for Feki?

Hokko - 3. For his TA to Capwell. Everything else was mud. Missed some vital tackles through beimg laterally and explosively slow. Gave him TBOTD about his knee but it is obviously no good in anything other than straight lines. Not an answer

Loots is not sure how to cover him.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Look tbh I was pretty proud of the effort the guys put in considering the troops we were down. To be still in the match at 28-20 when Val's finger touch try was disallowed was exceptional. I liked the fact that we actually played some footy last night. I'm sure Dillon was only expected to play minimal minutes on his debut and despite a couple of bad errors he stuck at it without Fifi Gal and Wadeo. With our season likely to be effecively faarrkked by these injuries I look forward to Dillon....Billy....Flanno etc getting a decent shot albeit under trying circumstances.

2012....Sharks Year

First Grade
Fair points. The kid got found out but had a go. The dropped ball after we scored was critical.

He will get another shot with injuries but he did not look to have the athleticism needed to play at this level.
Reminds me a bit of Dougie.....not overly athletic but a big body that will go all day. Despite his dropped ball and missed tackle that lead to McGuiness scoring he kept at it and actually got better as the game went on imo.

Snoop Shark

First Grade
Reminds me a bit of Dougie.....not overly athletic but a big body that will go all day. Despite his dropped ball and missed tackle that lead to McGuiness scoring he kept at it and actually got better as the game went on imo.

McInnes was it? I thought it was dufty. Could have been both:shrug_tone3:♂️

1. Moylan- His worst game in his life. Looks tender. Not stretching out at all. Hammy or something.
2. Holmes- Did he play?? FMD.
3. Dugan- Fantastic. Centre his position, wwe just need to sort out the middle play so he gets the ball when he should.
4. Leutele- Strong runs to bring us out of trouble, defensively sound against a very good centre.
5. Cedric- Good Game Eddie. Im glas he wasnt lost because I think he may become a weapon.
6. Hodkinson- Some great stuff in attack, but some poor reads awareness in defence.
7. Townsend- Good game, couple of mistakes, defensively strong & heavily ambushed by Simms & did ok.
8. Fifita- Was incredible.
9. Brailey- Time to go. Seggy needs to play 80 or at least reverse the roles. hes getting toasted in this class.
10. Prior- good game.
11. Lewis- Good game. Again, our middle is not giving him space.
12. Graham- Apparently twinged hammy prior to game & did it fully before half time. It looked it.
13. Gallen- Awesome as usual.
14. Capewell- Geezus he came on 2nd half & swung the game our way.
15. Dillon-Not going to crucify him after 1 game, that is ridiculous. He obviously has talent, that is how he got there.
16. AVa. Very fricken Average this guy. We miss Taga. I have hope that Ava preseason will pay off 2nd half of year.
17. Paulo Good game. Great defense, scheming solid. His fitness looks a bit down.

I feel our problems are minor & are all around sorting out our spine positions. A game can turn around quickly & we nearly did last night against the front runners..
We'll get there. I predicted start of year we will have teething problems & blow out in the market to 25-40's by round 8. Thats when im putting money on this team.

RUBIKS

Juniors
Moylan - I mentioned my displeasure in the "Moylan thread"... no need to harp on it here.

Hokko - He's steady but he's too slow in defense. I think Moylan needs to take his place, or we need to up the speed of our pack to be able to cover for him.

Fifi - was immense before he went off.

Gal - slow old beat up Gal. Keeps on trucking but I hope this is his last year.

Capewell - was good when he came on.

Ava - Plodder. Even with our pack depleted I would drop him.

Dilion - I thought he went well given the circumstances... Put it this way, I think he did better than Ava.

Flanno - With players dropping like flies, why would you keep the only player on the bench who's played 80 mins this season on the bench the longest?

Still, despite the scoreline, I enjoyed yelling at the screen for 80 mins and felt most of the boys dug deep.

bluefox68

Staff member
This may have been said, but how much does A. Johns hate us? I hope the video ref doesn’t have audio, cos he was screaming the “Val’s finger touched the ball” mantra like there was no tomorrow...

Having said that, he’s right about our halves being useless...

Latest posts