What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Entities We Need Back

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Considering the prospect of a Bears team and/or a Brothers team joining the NRL in 2017(ish) i was trying to think of some other teams worth reviving.

Personally, i would love to see a Valley Diehards reincarnation (something like BRL United Diehards, as a throwback to the whole BRL league or something).

So what do you think?? Which teams does the NRL need back and where should they play out of??

(*cough* Northern Territory Jets *uncough*)

The Great Dane

First Grade
Bring back the Rams and the Reds in some form or another and we can get Australian RL back on the road again.

georgesnmith

Juniors
Crushers (ie 2nd brisbane team)
steelers (saints shouldve taken over cronulla)
magpies (campbelltown should have their own side)
Reds (perth was a strong league area)
Bears (central coast)

b6u8n4.png

http://www.bigfooty.com/forum/threads/create-a-random-afl-guernsey.671991/page-157

RUG13Y

Juniors
Wow that Adelaide Rams jersey really brings back memories. What might have been... Teams in Adelaide and Perth and Melbourne.

Quidgybo

Bench
Personally, i would love to see a Valley Diehards reincarnation (something like BRL United Diehards, as a throwback to the whole BRL league or something).
Given that the Diehards won more premierships than any other first grade club in either Brisbane or Sydney (even ahead of the Rabbitohs), you'd think there's a fair chance of a large latent support base still existing. It might give a Brisbane Diehards club playing in blue and white a key weapon in carving out a distinct identity in the shadow of the Broncos and maybe even pull some support back from the "younger" up starts.

Steelers.
Can someone please tell me why the Illawarra NSW Cup club is called the Cutters when there was already a club in Mackay using that name (and the clubs are effectively now in the same comp with the advent of the NRL State Championship) and there was a wealth of history to leverage and preserve by using the Steelers name?

Leigh.

The Great Dane

First Grade
Given that the Diehards won more premierships than any other first grade club in either Brisbane or Sydney (even ahead of the Rabbitohs), you'd think there's a fair chance of a large latent support base still existing. It might give a Brisbane Diehards club playing in blue and white a key weapon in carving out a distinct identity in the shadow of the Broncos and maybe even pull some support back from the "younger" up starts.

Yeah I still think that it would great if the Diehards made a comeback in the big leagues.

And the Diehards name and moniker is way cooler then Leprechauns and planes ever knew how to be.

Can someone please tell me why the Illawarra NSW Cup club is called the Cutters when there was already a club in Mackay using that name (and the clubs are effectively now in the same comp with the advent of the NRL State Championship) and there was a wealth of history to leverage and preserve by using the Steelers name?

Leigh.

Yeah I don't get why they dropped the Steelers brand either, though I wouldn't be surprised to find out that it's got something to do with the Dragons.

Last edited:

bobmar28

Bench

Leigh.

There are still cane cutters in Mackay but what kind of cutters would there be in the Illawarra?

RedVee

First Grade
The Steelers couldn't put in towards the NSWRL team but the Illawarra League did, therefore they are not Steelers.

Coal cutters, the Illawarra has historically had a close association with coal mining.

oikee

Juniors
I use to love Brisbane Wests. They had the wanderers colours i think, red and black stripes.

I love the fact Brothers could get back in, with the Blue and White.

The bears would have to be the other. Two feel good stories for league would be the Brisbane Brothers and North coast Bears coming back. The game would take off i rekcon.

Hello, I'm The Doctor

First Grade
Yeah I still think that it would great if the Diehards made a comeback in the big leagues.

And the Diehards name and moniker is way cooler then Leprechauns and planes ever knew how to be.

Personally, id love to see the Diehards AND the Brothers reintroduced if Brisbane were to go to 3 teams...

Those 2 would have a great rivalry, and both teams would represent different sections of the Anti-Bronx people.

goodplayer

Juniors
qld , brisbane rugby league are off there head. crushers, seagulls, chargers, gladiators, titans , broncos, cowboys , they have had 7 teams , yet only 3 left