What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League in South Africa

Stallion

First Grade
Despite the hurdles being placed in front of them, what is the state of the game?

National comp or local regional comps?
Any juniors?
Is it growing?

They have tried to start up a university based competition? But cant really give u much detail . When rugby league starts to grow it gets pulled back by the powers that be. Its sad for a place that would/could foster some great rugby league talent.

StadiumXIII

Juniors
What I would like to see is RL grow in neighbouring countries like Zimbabwe so there is international opposition close by and can create rivalries like USA, Canada - Australia, NZ etc.. Just got to hope Union wont get involved but I'm not going to hold my breath. Once our WC starts to become relevant then hopefully we can start banging some doors down!

Coparugby

Juniors
Iv
Does anyone know the exact state of the game in SA?

I've read Facebook and online etc b7t was curious if we have anyone from y there here?
I have never seen a person involved in South African rugby league post on here. I remember years ago a guy from Russian rugby league posting briefly but never anyone from South Africa.

Latest posts