What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

Don't waste your time trading in games. Places like EB Games rip you off so much. They make a nice profit of scamming trade ins. Depending on the game, you might end up getting much more money if you sell it online.

Exactly.
I remember hearing that one of the games heads (in sorting shit like this out) for JB Hi-Fi used to be at EB Games, giving them an advantage. Still, does absolutely nothing. eBay could give you more than triple the value, if you're willing to wait an extra few days. Definitely the way to go.

ESPECIALLY if you have some PS2 games to trade.

...now I wish NES/SNES games weren't so expensive, hard to find at the markets lol.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Exactly.
I remember hearing that one of the games heads (in sorting shit like this out) for JB Hi-Fi used to be at EB Games, giving them an advantage. Still, does absolutely nothing. eBay could give you more than triple the value, if you're willing to wait an extra few days. Definitely the way to go.

ESPECIALLY if you have some PS2 games to trade.

...now I wish NES/SNES games weren't so expensive, hard to find at the markets lol.

I agree with the ebay thing...have a search on ebay and see what the games you are wanting sell are going for.

Parra Pride

Coach
Someone on Sidhe forums reckon he's heard the game will be released towards the end of this month, would be great but I'm not holding my breath.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Someone on Sidhe forums reckon he's heard the game will be released towards the end of this month, would be great but I'm not holding my breath.

There is a group of idiots on the Tru Blu Facebook page who reckon they are in the know and say it will be released on the 28th of Sept. There is no base for them to be making those claims

afinalsin666

First Grade
Hope so. It would make sense to get it out during grand final weekend. A lot of snap purchases potentially.

azsportza

Live Update Team
Hope so. It would make sense to get it out during grand final weekend. A lot of snap purchases potentially.

If it was up to Tru Blu, the game would be already be released. But from all the information we have, the game is still be approved by Sony and Microsoft

shiznit

Coach
Wow.... this is great to see... ive purpose;y ignored this game because ive been disappointing in RL games in the past...

was just gonna pick it up when i saw it at my local video store... give it t test run and buy if its good.

from what ive just seen it looks real promising.

natheel

Coach
Yeah if you go to the Tru Blu facebook you will see the same 2-3 people 'leaking' and release date or just posting shit on there.

Annoying when i posted a good question and one of these guys replies with the answer he thinks is right.

Like with the custom players (before it was know you can't use them in career) i asked if you could and one bloke said 'Yes' this bloke just posts on everything, he genuinely wants the game and is very keen but this pisses me off when my question would benefit other people asking the same but to be plagued by idiots

MattYg1

Bench
Im not alone in thinking that it is pretty moronic of Big Ant and Tru Blu that the majority of video footage of this game released so far is amatuer camera phone video while 2-4 players who have no idea how to play it fumble around and dont actually show a true representation of the gameplay...

Could you imagine Rockstar releasing GTA footage as such? or in the sports realm Madden or NBA2k releasing footage like this...

I really think they should get there act together and release a gameplay video that shows people that the intercepts and the standing still at dummy half is more so due to player unfimiliarity then actual gameplay flaws...

MattYg1

Bench
Looks like the players run way too fast with the ball, like they've got no weight to them they're just floating around at high speed

in previous league titles this is the case, in RLL2 they players actually finally feel very weighty once you have the controller in your hand.

MattYg1

Bench
I just asked Tru Blu on facebook about why they have no real care in protecting their properties appearance...

I really think its a dumb move on their part to not have released a 5 minute gameplay demo showcasing how the gameplay ACTUALLY can be played once controls have been mastered.

And just got a wise ass response from Ross Symonds himself simply directing me to the gameplay trailer... Good to know lines of communication between the general public and the devs are seen as a sarcastic laugh.

Last edited:

azsportza

Live Update Team
I just asked Tru Blu on facebook about why they have no real care in protecting their properties appearance...

I really think its a dumb move on their part to not have released a 5 minute gameplay demo showcasing how the gameplay ACTUALLY can be played once controls have been mastered.

And just got a wise ass response from Ross Symonds himself simply directing me to the gameplay trailer... Good to know lines of communication between the general public and the devs are seen as a sarcastic laugh.

They know they have a winning product in RLL2 - At least we have some gameplay video. Unlike rockstar who haven't release anything about GTA V in terms of a gameplay trailer, just a few screenshots.

However, until people stop being complete idiots on the Tru Blu Facebook page, I don't think will see anything new.

MattYg1

Bench
They know they have a winning product in RLL2 - At least we have some gameplay video. Unlike rockstar who haven't release anything about GTA V in terms of a gameplay trailer, just a few screenshots.

However, until people stop being complete idiots on the Tru Blu Facebook page, I don't think will see anything new.

I was anything but an "idiot" on their page and I didn't demand footage I simply asked if they were satisfied with the possible perception that the user footage could be creating... I feel they have a winner too and don't think their lack of official footage is them hiding anything I just find it odd... Their marketing consists of YouTube and Facebook uploads and posts and the majority of footage is amateur smart phone footage...

I understand possible budgetary constraints for marketing but capturing and uploading to your own YouTube channel isn't breaking the bank... I just find it incredibly odd that they haven't release anything to counter the dodgy amateur footage yet.

And by the way I think at this stage Rockstar have earnt the right to release content and information for their major franchise how they see fit, Tru Blu on the other hand don't have such a luxury by comparison... Granted the smaller market they are selling to does make the comparison moot anyway...

azsportza

Live Update Team
I was anything but an "idiot" on their page and I didn't demand footage I simply asked if they were satisfied with the possible perception that the user footage could be creating... I feel they have a winner too and don't think their lack of official footage is them hiding anything I just find it odd... Their marketing consists of YouTube and Facebook uploads and posts and the majority of footage is amateur smart phone footage...

I understand possible budgetary constraints for marketing but capturing and uploading to your own YouTube channel isn't breaking the bank... I just find it incredibly odd that they haven't release anything to counter the dodgy amateur footage yet.

And by the way I think at this stage Rockstar have earnt the right to release content and information for their major franchise how they see fit, Tru Blu on the other hand don't have such a luxury by comparison... Granted the smaller market they are selling to does make the comparison moot anyway...

Firstly, just want to clear up I wasn't referring to you as one of the idiots who posts on the Tru Blu page. There is a select group of them who continually ask about the release date.

I would love to see more footage of it, but if all the talks are true, we should hear a release date on by the end of September. It would be good of Tru Blu to film a five half or something and upload it. That would shut people up for the time being, well expect the idiots who harp on about the release date.

Tru Blu have created major hype around the game among League fans with their lack of information which could turn out to be a big win with people buying the game to see what it's like

MattYg1

Bench
Firstly, just want to clear up I wasn't referring to you as one of the idiots who posts on the Tru Blu page. There is a select group of them who continually ask about the release date.

I would love to see more footage of it, but if all the talks are true, we should hear a release date on by the end of September. It would be good of Tru Blu to film a five half or something and upload it. That would shut people up for the time being, well expect the idiots who harp on about the release date.

Tru Blu have created major hype around the game among League fans with their lack of information which could turn out to be a big win with people buying the game to see what it's like

OHHH now your saying they should shut me up!!!!

haha just joking bud, and dont worry im not one to get offended...

Like i have stated i have played the demo I believe this will be the one... the best League game we have ever had... no doubt...

I have studied journalism and am an avid gamer, listen to all the podcasts and read all the sites like regular people read the daily telegraph. and by comparison to a majority of the industry the overall handling of the promotion has been odd to say the least.

Kudos to them creating hype and like I said its probably mostly to do with the smaller market they have to sell to but IF RLL2 sells as well and goes as well as i hope it does I hope that they step up their game promoting the follow up to it.

Last edited:

azsportza

Live Update Team
read all the sites like regular people read the daily telegraph

You poor soul hahaha. I try and avoid the tele like the black plague

Kudos to them creating hype and like I said its probably mostly to do with the smaller market they have to sell to but IF RLL2 sells as well and goes as well as i hope it does I hope that they step up their game promoting the follow up to it.

I think the game will sell quite well for a League game, a lot of people have pre-ordered it and are just waiting for the release.

natheel

Coach
Good post on their page matty

I'm confident the game will b good. The idiot on that page is eggins