What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 2

natheel

Coach
Look everyone knows what they want out of a sports game. For me the simple fact that career mode is on it outweighs the fact we can't put custom players in career. I'll just make a few players for online mode

It sucks and is obviously deterring people but there is no use going off at people who have changed their mind on getting it. Toney obviously was really excited for the ustom side (which will sti be awesome just minus career).

Parra Pride

Coach
The fact that Ross has called it Franchise mode "pure fantasy" makes it worse if you ask me. Fantasy isn't be constricted by a default roster, fantasy is have Hayne at Fullback with Sterlo and Kenny in the halves, a Guru on each wing and a forward pack containing Hindy and Price.

Frederick

Staff member
What I enjoyed most about RL3 and the madden series is being able to create myself as a player and playing my career with my favourite teams. Sucks hard we won't get to do that in rll2 but ah well, shit happens I guess. I'll probably still buy this game, but hope they do change their minds about not letting us edit custom players into franchise teams

MattYg1

Bench
What I enjoyed most about RL3 and the madden series is being able to create myself as a player and playing my career with my favourite teams. Sucks hard we won't get to do that in rll2 but ah well, shit happens I guess. I'll probably still buy this game, but hope they do change their minds about not letting us edit custom players into franchise teams

I believe that I read somewhere it has mostly to do with throwing off the in game economy that has been worked out for the liscened players in the game.

I get it... could be a budgetary thing or maybe lazyness? I still think that this game should be supported due to the fact that it looks like it has working gameplay that represents the sport we love.

IF Big Ant and Tru Blu are playing their cards correctly they stand to actually start launching an AFL and NRL game almost biennially and also Mario mentioning on the Sidhe forums whispers of intent to make a follow up to Rugby Challenge.

They are years late to the party as far as sports franchises in video games but that has more to do with the country we live in and the small market sector they are selling too.

IF RLL2 is a massive success for them and they havent made changes to the next title in the franchise mode and in their marketing schemes then we could look to cheapness and lazyness as an answer. If you ask me I think they are taking (pretty big) baby steps in building a successful sports franchise.

natheel

Coach
Yeh it sucks but the game looks miles better than any other game that's come out. Only downside is creating players for franchise. Both Ross and tru blu have said they were wrong an made a mistake so I assume next title will have this feature

Melbourne demo tonight anyone from the area going? I think we will get a release date tonight/tomorrow

MattYg1

Bench
Yeh it sucks but the game looks miles better than any other game that's come out. Only downside is creating players for franchise. Both Ross and tru blu have said they were wrong an made a mistake so I assume next title will have this feature

Melbourne demo tonight anyone from the area going? I think we will get a release date tonight/tomorrow

I think so too... The Melbourne demo wasnt really mentioned until Ross told you on facebook and then all of a sudden they had the poster made up for it...

Something is up for sure.

Lol I am actually surprised TT got this far before renouncing his intention to purchase...

Well it's only been recently confirmed. Like I said for me it's a game breaker.

Not saying no one should support but in a saturated market with 4 or 5 sports titles I would be interested in and a limited time to play I'm going to spend my money on a purchase that will last longer than 1 or 2 weeks.

Parra Pride

Coach
"Ive got a feeling...."

was just posted by Tru Blu on twitter.... b@stards are playing with us now.

Tonight's gonna be a good, good night?

Release date tonight hopefully.

EDIT: No, they've just announced it as the 11th of October.

And what you have all been waiting for! We are pleased to announce that Rugby League Live 2 will be released on 11 October 2012 in Australia & NZ.

Parra Pride

Coach
Excellent. Not too far away

Yeah, three weeks isn't too bad, now of you'll excuse me I've got some stuff that needs to be out in the freezer.

1012_too_soon-tb.jpg

Latest posts