What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 3

Paullyboy

Coach
If it's anything like the previous versions of the game, it'll never go down in price. Your only reasonable option is eBay or some other 2nd hand seller.

Parra Pride

Coach
I just had a player on the opposing team take an attacking bomb, and proceed to place the ball down short of the line. They didn't get given four points for a try, but they did get to take the shot a goal afterwards. :lol:

Frederick

Staff member
I just had a player on the opposing team take an attacking bomb, and proceed to place the ball down short of the line. They didn't get given four points for a try, but they did get to take the shot a goal afterwards. :lol:

:lol:

I put this in my ps4 to play a couple of weeks ago, but got a disc read error. All my other games work fine so thinking my little one might've put a scratch on the disc. Probably a good thing she did. Gonna trade it in and get uncharted or something, then might pick it back up when it's cheap

Rabbits20

Immortal
I am growing tired of the flaws though.

How are the kickoffs this bad?? Players freezing and refusing to jump or tackle. Gaps all over the line. The ai refusing to perform a cover tackle instead opting to run backwards whilst the attacker goes through a hole big enough to fit a truck.
I wasn't in a rush to buy the game.

Only got it a fortnight ago.

Everything you say is spot on.

Overall the game is solid though.

The dummy half play is a lot better. You can make very good metres.

The playmakers are able to create good plays I find.

The props can make good metres and barge through the opposition.

Bombs are good.

Last edited:

Zoidberg

First Grade
I wasn't in a rush to buy the game.

Only got it a fortnight ago.

Everything you say is spot on.

Overall the game is solid though.

The dummy half play is a lot better. You can make very good metres.

The playmakers are able to create good plays I find.

The props can make good metres and barge through the opposition.

Bombs are good.
How much did you get it for?

AJB1102

First Grade
Online from EB games QLD for $77.

Its like 2yrs old nearly isn't it? Was $99 the day it came out (on PS Store - probably $70 from Big W) why the hell you pay that much? Its not worth a tenner but even if it was a good game thats a lot to pay given its age.

Zoidberg

First Grade
I think it's up to the distributed how much it can sell for. I've never seen it for less than $79. I want to buy it to give it a go, but don't want to pay more than $50 for it.

Rabbits20

Immortal
Its like 2yrs old nearly isn't it? Was $99 the day it came out (on PS Store - probably $70 from Big W) why the hell you pay that much? Its not worth a tenner but even if it was a good game thats a lot to pay given its age.
I checked Big W and they don't stock it.

It's only just over 1yr since it came out too.

AJB1102

First Grade
I checked Big W and they don't stock it.

It's only just over 1yr since it came out too.

I meant I think it was less than $77 at Big W when it came out.

Ah well as long as you enjoy it. It is a bit of fun in small doses but the more I played it the more it annoyed me. I can cop glitches and quirks in game play but when there is stuff that just doesn't follow the rules of RL like double knock-ons awarding a scrum to the side who knocked-on first just shits me.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I meant I think it was less than $77 at Big W when it came out.

Ah well as long as you enjoy it. It is a bit of fun in small doses but the more I played it the more it annoyed me. I can cop glitches and quirks in game play but when there is stuff that just doesn't follow the rules of RL like double knock-ons awarding a scrum to the side who knocked-on first just shits me.
Yeah I understand what you mean.

I just try to enjoy the good things about the game.

It's good just to even have a Rugby League game too.

I like career mode where I play with the whole side.

AJB1102

First Grade
Yeah I understand what you mean.

I just try to enjoy the good things about the game.

It's good just to even have a Rugby League game too.

I like career mode where I play with the whole side.

I really enjoyed the previous RL titles. I must have come close to wearing the disc out for RL2 (I think) back on PS2. This one just seemed to go backwards.

Yeah career mode was the go for me. Being just one player was very limiting and even as a centre or fullback I'd often get benched lol maybe I was just getting the hook for being rubbish though.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I really enjoyed the previous RL titles. I must have come close to wearing the disc out for RL2 (I think) back on PS2. This one just seemed to go backwards.

Yeah career mode was the go for me. Being just one player was very limiting and even as a centre or fullback I'd often get benched lol maybe I was just getting the hook for being rubbish though.
That's exactly why I don't play career mode as the 1 player.

I rather controlling the whole side. Then I decide who goes on and off and what the 17 will be.

thorson1987

Coach

Best Rugby League Game since ARL 95 that one. Never got boring.

RoosTah

Juniors

It's funny you should say that, because I remember RL2 absolutely infuriating a lot of fans back when it came out, with many thinking it was a prettier version of the original RL PS2 game but with much worse game play.

I enjoyed it at the time, but if were to go back and play it, you'd see the criticisms of it were valid - namely that players felt like they were on train tracks - you just couldn't change direction. RL3 was way better, and to me RLL3 feels a lot more like that game; it's got its problems, but it's a solid game of footy.

perverse

Referee
I can't understand anyone that would have enjoyed RL2 back in the day not getting anything out of this at all. RL2 is a steaming pile of shit compared to this. We haven't come as far as other sports games from that era to this, but that's hardly surprising.

I still fire this up in be a pro mode from time to time. Pretty enjoyable.

Latest posts