What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 4 confirmation

thorson1987

Coach
So how the hell do you increase your players stats?

I know you can increase skills, but as a centre my guy is as slow as f**k and has f**k all stamina.

After 1st season in NYC with Melbourne I played 7 games with only 37 runs, less than 200 total metres. No tries scored and only the one try assist.

In week 2 of the finals against Newcastle it was 0-0 after 35 minutes, I cop a concussion and go off.

Half time Newcastle up 14-0 which ended up being the full time score.

Parra Pride

Coach
You'd probably be better off creating yourself outside of the Career mode and assigning them to whatever team, giving yourself semi decent stats for someone in NYC, and then choosing to start a career as a Star playing and picking your created player rather then use the dumb as shit 40 overall or whatever they give you.

Storm13

Juniors
Carrer mode is f**ked. Lost three quaters of my team as wages inflate by a big margin after one season. Had one plauer on 200k asking for 600k and the average 75k player wanted 200k.

Danish

Referee
So how the hell do you increase your players stats?

I know you can increase skills, but as a centre my guy is as slow as f**k and has f**k all stamina.

After 1st season in NYC with Melbourne I played 7 games with only 37 runs, less than 200 total metres. No tries scored and only the one try assist.

In week 2 of the finals against Newcastle it was 0-0 after 35 minutes, I cop a concussion and go off.

Half time Newcastle up 14-0 which ended up being the full time score.

So what your telling me is career mode has perfectly captured what it would be like if any of us poor bastards ever actually got picked in an NRL side.....

But yes the player career mode sucks. I've never particularly liked it in any game outside of madden, but this one is particularly terrible.

I don't even like the coach one since you wind up losing all but 1-2 players in your side after 2-3 seasons

thorson1987

Coach
So what your telling me is career mode has perfectly captured what it would be like if any of us poor bastards ever actually got picked in an NRL side.....

But yes the player career mode sucks. I've never particularly liked it in any game outside of madden, but this one is particularly terrible.

I don't even like the coach one since you wind up losing all but 1-2 players in your side after 2-3 seasons

Slowly starting to up my stats. Injuries are still a pain in the arse though.

Nearing the end of my 3rd season in NYC and have played about 14 games.

I am enjoying this game more than I though I would though after reading about the complaints about RLL3.

Zoidberg

First Grade
Played online with a mate last night and had fun, which is what I wanted from this game. A few strange errors from the game but we expected it.
Didn't realise and pretty disappointed we couldn't play co-op with each other. Can you only do that with 2 players in local?

redvscotty

First Grade
I turned it on for about 10 mins the other day.

It's fun to play with my 10 year old, and for him to play against his mates, but it's a pus game.

Bring on 2k18 and FIFA18, at least Wolves will have a sick team this year.

Danish

Referee
Went on an 8 game losing streak over the weekend (including 3 golden point losses) to finish my season in 9th position....

My final game I was up by 6 against the damned titans, Hayne skipped away and ran the length with 3 minutes to go and scored in the corner. They missed the kick so I figured I was still home.

Penalty for a high tackle off the kick off, followed by a linebreak by Hayne on tackle 2 and a holding down penalty (which was blown almost as soon as Hayne hit the deck) saw them tie the game up on full time.

I miss a field goal shot in GP, they make a break during their next set, and Taylor slots a field goal from 20 out.

The levels of frustration this game gives me are seriously true to life. Had to go shoot some merkins in Battlefield to make me feel better

kdalymc

Bench
I feel like a cheat. Had to change all games to "rookie" level just to win. End up winning 50 nil. I'm coming 9th in q cup, hopefully can make the finals...
how long til you get picked for nrl?? I just keep passing to my self and scoring 4 tries a game and having 10 hit ups...

Zoidberg

First Grade
I feel like a cheat. Had to change all games to "rookie" level just to win. End up winning 50 nil. I'm coming 9th in q cup, hopefully can make the finals...
how long til you get picked for nrl?? I just keep passing to my self and scoring 4 tries a game and having 10 hit ups...
You'll probably get picked up by the Broncos, on a 75k deal with 100k tpa's.

Rabbits20

Immortal
It takes practice with this game!!!

On amateur level I had a 20-12 win against the Tigers. 20min match.

Then lost 8-4 to Manly.

Not an easy game. It's a better game than I thought it would be though.

Still haven't bought it yet, played a game via share play and well it wasn't too great.

Obviously it's not the best indicator of the game but I'll wait for a patch to fix the career mode at least.

Sean7

Juniors
I managed to return this. Absolute junk in its current state.

My biggest issues:
- My markers are hardly ever onside.
- You have to press pass far too early for it to respond.
- Cpu cheating with speed.
- Players don't feel very different to each other.
- I didn't see one realistic rugby league try in my whole time playing it.
- Cpu appears to be just as crap at the game as me.
- Ridiculously slow play the balls for absolutely no reason.
- It's basically the same game as Live 2, just with different issues and in my opinion, worse issues.
- Video Ref decisions are incorrect about 80% of the time.
- Game doesn't look as though it's running in full HD, though I didn't check if it actually is or not.

Storm13

Juniors
Online play is where it's at for most realistic gameplay. Problem is when your winning the other player rage quits.

Latest posts