What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League Live 4 confirmation

TheVelourFog

First Grade
RLL2 was without doubt one of the worst games I have ever played

Was not an acceptable representation of the sport

Didnt' bother with 3 because besides a coat of paint it doesn't seem like much changed

All of your "can't compare it to FIFA" arguments are rendered moot by the fact they are charging full price for these turkeys

No excuse to rip off the fans in this way

Here's an idea: get the f**king game to play like an actual game of Rugby League and stick the improved graphics up your arse

RoosTah

Juniors
You said it had nothing to do with Australia, having Aussie players, and the National Team seems to have something to do with Australia M8
The national team is about where it ends. End of the day for the handful of the those Aussie players in the NBA they're still playing in a foreign league representing foreign places that have dick all to do with Australia mate.

Again though, you're still all missing the f**king point. You can enjoy your foreign sports all you want, but there are plenty of blokes like me that couldn't give a f**k about any of that shit. Why? Because what the f**k do the Chicago Bulls or ManU have to do with me? I'm not from England or America and so I'm not about to get all pumped up watching any kind of team representing those places.

For you sporting butterflies who can pin your mast to any ship floating by I get you find that hard to understand, but for me sport is about tribal connections and for me if it's not local and something connected to where I'm from then I couldn't give a shit.

That's why despite all the whining here from people (who apparently can't grasp the concept of economies of scale) that our footy games are too expensive and can't compete with vastly bigger sports around the world, we're about to get another NRL title. Because people like me, people who love OUR games above all that sports the yanks and Europeans are obsessed with, would still rather dish our $100 to play a virtual version of Rugby League than mega budget sims of sports that don't mean dick to us.

Paullyboy

Coach
It seems you're the only one who understands your point. Would you like to spell it out even clearer for us?

Big Pete

Referee
Basically he doesn't really care about other sports titles on the market, the League genre is more appealing to him than other codes out there and he has more attachment to the license.

Then there was a massive side tangent about enjoying international sport which really isn't here nor there.

Paullyboy

Coach
Those likenesses are actually quite good.

I can't remember a game in this series where we weren't impressed by the likenesses when the first images came out.

Don't get me wrong, they look good, but as was pointed out above by someone else - I don't think many people will get that excited until we see the gameplay.

Pommy

Coach
Im not that bothered on the graphics if the gameplay is solid I can put up with players not being very well represented.

beave

Coach
Nothing like the cut scene release to drum up some interest and get your hopes up.

It's gonna suck like all the other league games, I pray to god it wont but we all know it will.

RoosTah

Juniors
It seems you're the only one who understands your point. Would you like to spell it out even clearer for us?
There were two points:Market size matters when developing products in this industry and support the little guy in your own backyard mate. Pretty straight forward.

Anyway - glad to see this is still with BA and that they've taken the visuals to a new level

Parra Pride

Coach
I can't remember a game in this series where we weren't impressed by the likenesses when the first images came out.

Don't get me wrong, they look good, but as was pointed out above by someone else - I don't think many people will get that excited until we see the gameplay.

Big name players have never really been an issue as far as likenesses go, others have been half-arsed though.

Paullyboy

Coach
Surely they'd only bother with faces, unless you're zoomed right in you can barely make out the different between any of the player body types. I tend to zoom right out and half the time I can barely tell the difference between a front rower and a halfback.