What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rugby League off season rule change talk

Nerd

Bench
Go back to one ref.

The refs either can't or wont penalise for wrestling in the tackle so bring the fatigue factor back in. Get rid of the interchange and go to 4 reserves and once you're off that's it for the game except for concussions interchange.

Uncle Kraka

Juniors
I want to see tacklers penalised for doing that pointing thing left or right after they get to marker. No need for it in the modern game. Stamp it out.

Reactions: Vee

Vee

First Grade
I want to see tacklers penalised for doing that pointing thing left or right after they get to marker. No need for it in the modern game. Stamp it out.
As soon as they look at the ref, they should be penalised.

T-Boon

Coach
f**king do something about Bellyacheball or watch the game burn.

Look at average crowd figures since Bellyacheball took charge around 2006. Crowd averages have dropped pretty much yearly. Craig Bellamy has been an abomination for the game of rugby league.

dogz08

First Grade
2012 was a good year with the entertainers aka the bulldogs bringing back the fans

beave

Coach
I regards to teams giving away penalties on their own tryline.

Make the restart from a penalty kick that is successful or goes dead, a goal line drop out. That means the attacking team has the chance to get points and decent field position after the kick. I think that one change could stamp out a lot of bullshit in our game. Having to truck the ball out of your own 5m after a penalty kick is shit. You make an early error and the opposition are all over you like Carl Webb at a Sizzler.

Dragonwest

Juniors
1) Players must use their foot in the play the ball - Penalise offense from the first trial. No acceptance on 'attempts'

2) Reduce wrestling - referee call held, count to two in their head if the defenders have not released or rolled out of the ruck penalty.

3) Any penalty conceded by the defense within 20m of their try line results in a power play. Player must drop back behind the in-goal line for that set of six. Any delay by the player results in the captain being sent back too.

simmo05

Bench
1) Players must use their foot in the play the ball - Penalise offense from the first trial. No acceptance on 'attempts'

2) Reduce wrestling - referee call held, count to two in their head if the defenders have not released or rolled out of the ruck penalty.

3) Any penalty conceded by the defense within 20m of their try line results in a power play. Player must drop back behind the in-goal line for that set of six. Any delay by the player results in the captain being sent back too.
Id like to see a sin bin if there is 2 consecutive infringments in the 20m zone.

POPEYE

Coach
Go back to one ref.

The refs either can't or wont penalise for wrestling in the tackle so bring the fatigue factor back in. Get rid of the interchange and go to 4 reserves and once you're off that's it for the game except for concussions interchange.
The concussion rule has f**ked any chance of limited interchange making a difference, 15 minutes off to pass a test will supplant anything conscionable . . . will however force players to learn to read and write

Nerd

Bench
The concussion rule has f**ked any chance of limited interchange making a difference, 15 minutes off to pass a test will supplant anything conscionable . . . will however force players to learn to read and write
That was my thoughts as well. Ditch the interchange for concussions then. If you fail the HIA test you're off and the team is one player down.

Since it is the off season I thought I would suggest a brilliant rule change.
Essentially: more flexibility with how a team defends its territory.
I think the backs should be subject to a 15 metre rule but the 5 forwards (i.e: not including the hooker) should be allowed to defend anywhere behind the advantage line. So effectively, along the advantage line.
This would make it difficult to make easy metres with one out play (as it should be), fairer for the defence in terms of defending their own territory and on the flip side create opportunities for adventurous attack to slice through with line breaks. It would also mean that forwards could man mark other forward so we would see less of this stuff where big fast forwards run out wide at small backs.

bad-idea-meme.png