What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rule Clarification .

Just wondering about what rules would be applied to last nights Cows V Souths game if the field goal had gone over .

Would the penalty have still been given seeing as they scored a point .?
They do play advantage to see if they can score when close to the line
Or would it have been 19-19 play on & probably golden point?

My other question is if a player is sent off 3 mins before full time & the game goes to GP.
Do they restart with 13 v 13 or is the offending team still down one seeing as regulation time is up?

beave

Coach
I know Reynolds attempted to kick the ball with his non-preferred leg, but I reckon he purposely missed the FG to get the penalty kick in front after he heard the ref tell Thirsty Merc to ‘stay out of it’. Smart play by Reynolds and I would have done the same.

To answer your question, i think the ref would still blow the penalty if he kicks the FG.

thorson1987

Coach
Kicks the field goal no penalty is blown. Same way no penalty would be blown if he scored a try instead.

Raiderdave

First Grade
Kicks the field goal no penalty is blown. Same way no penalty would be blown if he scored a try instead.
yeah this

only if its foul play do you get a chance at 3 points
aka
the defender gets out & pops an elbow on the kickers chin or something
if it goes over , it counts obviously
& you get a penalty in front too

but
it must be a shot at goal
if it misses , we restart at halfway .. not with a 22m drop out

Raiderdave

First Grade
if a team has a player dismissed for the remainder of the game
they remain at 12 for the remainder of the game

Vic Mackey

Referee
It’s an interesting point though. The penalty for interfering with the play and stopping it from being scored, is more then if it was scored without interference

Raiderdave

First Grade
It’s an interesting point though. The penalty for interfering with the play and stopping it from being scored, is more then if it was scored without interference
yeah
lesson learnt here

if its a one point game & the team behind are chasing an equaliser within goal range
let them have their shot

don't infringe
at worst you go to golden point
at best
they duff it anyway

simmo1

First Grade
If he kicks it I doubt they blow a penalty. When Brooks kicked his field goal against the Broncos, there were plenty offside, and I did wonder at the time if they would blow a penalty if he missed.

AJB1102

First Grade
Why was Slater's missed kick and regather a try while Paulo's missed kick and Val regather to plant it down not a try?

Surely

Post Whore
It’s good they can exclude the heel from being any part of the leg from the knee down.

f**k they tie themselves into knots

Can just say dropped it cold, same as slaters when we f**ked up that decision

Next week it will be we can see the player has dropped the ball but made contact with his Achilles’ tendon not his heel, play on.

mave

Coach
All they simply had to do is admit they fked up with Slater.
Yet again confusion and inconsistencies abound.

toomuchsoup

Juniors
What would happen if a team kicked a field goal from close range, the ball goes really high between the posts, bounces in the in goal and doesn’t go dead and they ground it for a try? Is a miracle 7 point try possible?

AJB1102

First Grade
All they simply had to do is admit they fked up with Slater.
Yet again confusion and inconsistencies abound.

Slater even told the ref he didn't score, they couldn't ask for any more outs than that but still thought f**k we'll flop our cock in the punch bowl.