What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rules for a diary/game thread

Hey guys, here's the scenario.

I want to start a diary after the acquisition of WCW and ECW by the WWE, the idea being that there's a gap in the market for a top independent promotion. With all the talent on offer, I want to make it as realistic as possible, meaning Sting, Hall and Nash won't be working with AJ Styles and CM Punk...atleast not initially.

Think Ring of Honor in its infancy, but with storylines and less of a focus on PURELY wrestling.

PM me some ideas, rules etc and I'll run with this. Have a lot of time on my hands here in China and Im bored shitless with wrestling, MMA and rugby league at the moment.

Big Pete

Referee
Alrighty, you want a challenge, I'll give you a challenge.

I'm sick of every Indy BTB of that post MNW that is essentially - push Low Ki, Joe, Homicide, Punk, Cabana, Danielson for maximum effectiveness. zzzzzzzzzzzzzz Gabe already did it, if I wanted to watch that I've got access to the tapes.

I want interesting angles, I want interesting characters mixed in with some thought provoking booking and matches.

So these are the challenges that I'm setting...

POP CULTURE INSPIRED CHARACTERS/ANGLES
What were some of the biggest movies at the time? What was huge on television? Music? Media? Cultural zeitgeists and where was interest going to shift? Use that and mould that into the storylines.

There would be so much material in rap feuds alone to make this work. Listen to some good diss tunes, get inspired from them, they'd give you the inspiration to make some awesome promos.

But be realistic. AJ Styles isn't going to cut an awesome promo, play to his strengths and don't give me a roster of AJ Styles - get me some other Indy talent that has a dynamic to them.

Any specifics? Who to hire, who not to hire, who must become champ, what belts to instate, big angle ideas etc? I like em strict!