What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

playdaball

Bench
What's our current recruiting policy?

1, re-sign young talent & journeymen
Fair enough
Lino, Ashyford, CNK etc

2, Adhere to the 'Sons for the return' policy ie attract NZ'ers back here
Harris, Pulu
To date this hasn't really worked that well

3, Sign 2nd tier players
Cherrington, as well as having a go at Qld cup players. Perhaps Pulu fits into this segment?
Fair enough if players come cheap

4, Be linked with every notable player sniffing around
Graham, Maloney
Gains media coverage but these guys probably won't cross the Tasman

5, wait and see who has to get forced out of their club due to the salary cap
Anybody from the Bulldogs And possibly the Roosters

It doesn't seem that solid to me.

Rich102

Staff member
Like the "Sons for the return home" tag.
Very apt.

Unfortunately it is a chicken and egg situation.
Team starts winning, coach is perceived as successful, players come flocking.
Team is losing, coach is a dummy, players go elsewhere.

The exception is players who want to return and will just serve out the sentence for the money; which will just drop us further into the sludge.

For the first time ever I can see us finishing in last place.

I don't get the delay in naming the "major big forward" Doyle's supposed to have. Everyone else is naming their signings and the 14 day cooling off period must be over. Heaven knows the fans deserve something to look forward to.

Interesting thing on NRL 360 the other night. One of the guests said that most clubs were paying their spine about 40% of the salary cap. So that's about 35% of our cap already gone - I am allowing less for Ata. Plus we still have Manu on well beyond his worth. We can't afford to buy quality payers for overs.

A lot of good players want to play for coaches who will further their career. None of our coaches fall into that category.

The club isn't going to change coaches at this time. Our only hope is a respected Director of Football to come in in charge of the on-field activities.

But this is the Warriors - the most successful sporting franchise in Australasia. Yeah right!

Cloudsurfer

Juniors
Like the "Sons for the return home" tag.
Very apt.

Unfortunately it is a chicken and egg situation.
Team starts winning, coach is perceived as successful, players come flocking.
Team is losing, coach is a dummy, players go elsewhere.

The exception is players who want to return and will just serve out the sentence for the money; which will just drop us further into the sludge.

For the first time ever I can see us finishing in last place.

I don't get the delay in naming the "major big forward" Doyle's supposed to have. Everyone else is naming their signings and the 14 day cooling off period must be over. Heaven knows the fans deserve something to look forward to.

Interesting thing on NRL 360 the other night. One of the guests said that most clubs were paying their spine about 40% of the salary cap. So that's about 35% of our cap already gone - I am allowing less for Ata. Plus we still have Manu on well beyond his worth. We can't afford to buy quality payers for overs.

A lot of good players want to play for coaches who will further their career. None of our coaches fall into that category.

The club isn't going to change coaches at this time. Our only hope is a respected Director of Football to come in in charge of the on-field activities.

But this is the Warriors - the most successful sporting franchise in Australasia. Yeah right!
Sons who want to return home tag may apply to some as may the retirement package scenario but not this time imo.
And I know that one of them at least is coming because Kearney is the coach.
Let the cleanout continue & fresh cattle make a difference before you box everything up into little negative boxes ...seems to be a favourite pastime on here.
Hey, understand the frustrations but jeez, even in the hardest of times (worse than the Warriors experiences) other clubs fans manage to stay positive.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Sons who want to return home tag may apply to some as may the retirement package scenario but not this time imo.
And I know that one of them at least is coming because Kearney is the coach.
Let the cleanout continue & fresh cattle make a difference before you box everything up into little negative boxes ...seems to be a favourite pastime on here.
Hey, understand the frustrations but jeez, even in the hardest of times (worse than the Warriors experiences) other clubs fans manage to stay positive.

One of them that we already know of (Harris, Pulu) or one we don't?

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Expected outcome really.

Would have been nice, but he isn't the sort of player who was going to do much to turn us around in the short term. At best we'd probably drag him down a peg or two.

Hopefully the Warriors have an ace up the sleeve (that isn't a Maloney or other overpriced half)

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Reading earlier on a fox sports article that the warriors have taken up an option on Pat Sipley so he will be at the club next season

Was also mentioned that you have signed the Roosters SG Ball goalkicking hooker until the end of 2018, his name escapes me now though

Reading earlier on a fox sports article that the warriors have taken up an option on Pat Sipley so he will be at the club next season

Was also mentioned that you have signed the Roosters SG Ball goalkicking hooker until the end of 2018, his name escapes me now though

Excellent
Just what we need another hooker

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Rogers isn't a first grade option, he's a potential long term project.

At the moment we have Luke, Cherrington and part time Tevaga as our 2018 hookers.

I would say Roache's future with us may be questioned though.

This was NAS?

No, not NAS. I think he would of been a good signing, but not a big one.

All I know is that we are in 'deep negotiations' with a big name signing (non kiwi) who the fans will be "over the moon about".

So we'll see. I suppose something might not eventuate, and we still might land up with bloody Adam blair, but I'm pretty hopeful on this one due to how it was explained to me.

Given how hush hush the name seems to be (I don't know it), it really reminds me of the out of the blue signings of RTS & Luke.

Lets light a candle and get the prayer circle going.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
understudy to Luke I suppose. He is in the last year of his 3 year contract next year.. might get an extra year out of us. I hope we use his final year to blood a hooker.

Love what Melbourne are doing for their contingency around Cameron Smith with Brandon Smith and Slade Griffin starting to get exposure. Im sure they will ramp it up when Smith decides to hang them up. Can only hope we are planning to do the same

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
No, not NAS. I think he would of been a good signing, but not a big one.

All I know is that we are in 'deep negotiations' with a big name signing (non kiwi) who the fans will be "over the moon about".

So we'll see. I suppose something might not eventuate, and we still might land up with bloody Adam blair, but I'm pretty hopeful on this one due to how it was explained to me.

Given how hush hush the name seems to be (I don't know it), it really reminds me of the out of the blue signings of RTS & Luke.

Lets light a candle and get the prayer circle going.

Intrigued, but cautious (negotiations can be a tricky thing).

If it's not a forward I won't be over the moon so here's hoping we're throwing our cash in the right direction.

If it's a half, all I will give in response is a facepalm.

BLN2

Juniors
A big name, non Kiwi player, who we will be over the moon about.. I doubt they would be off contract, no one really fits that description (maybe Luke Lewis). Earlier Mix said it was a forward signing.

From rumors, can only think of Graham (to obvious) and Klemmer.. I'm actually losing confidence in Graham as a player, hasn't had the same success this year and his body is looking battered. NAS would have been good, if he was a decent price (can't see that being the case if he did come).