What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
I think Harris is a gun and Kearney definitely knows him well so it's a good move... and he offers a different game to our current back three.

I wouldn't take him unless its as a replacement for mannering or hoffman. Those 3 in the backrow is a bit groundhog day for me..

If this is Hoffs final year then he would be the perfect replacement. Wonder what means for the Alex Glenn rumours

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I wouldn't take him unless its as a replacement for mannering or hoffman. Those 3 in the backrow is a bit groundhog day for me..

If this is Hoffs final year then he would be the perfect replacement. Wonder what means for the Alex Glenn rumours

Yeah my guess is a replacement for Hoff. Kearney would obviously be keen to replace him with another Storm system guy as he knows how they've been coached and the type of professionalism they've been drilled in.

jaseg

Juniors
Haha... had the same thought.

I'm assuming this is a Hoffman replacement option. Better than Glenn. Would like to lose Bodene at the same time though.. put his money into a decent middle forward.

Benek

Juniors
Great replacement for Hoff. I like a signing like this - guy in his prime - rather than an older player like Hoff.

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Hopefully on the same coin, or thereabouts (given the increase).

Would be good to get a quality prop or two, considering Lillyman MAY be leaving at end of the year.

I don't agree with signing players a year in advance though

Rich102

Staff member
Long term maybe but probably stay at Titans?

THE Warriors have launched a bid to lure emerging Gold Coast Titans forward Leivaha Pulu back to New Zealand.

Pulu will give Warriors coach Stephen Kearney a close look at what he is chasing when the Gold Coast tackle New Zealand in a trial in Palmerston North on Sunday.

Kearney has already made his mark on the Warriors, installing Roger Tuivasa-Sheck as captain and poaching Storm star Tohu Harris from 2018.

Kearney now wants to add Pulu to his stable.

The 26-year-old forward was one of coach Neil Henry’s “moneyball” discoveries in 2016, playing 23 NRL games for the Titans in his debut season.

Pulu ripped in during the pre-season and has been one of Gold Coast’s standout forwards leading into 2017.
“I’ve been blessed,” Pulu said.

“The lord above has blessed me with an injury-free pre-season.

“It’s been tough. It’s been hot.

“It (2016) was a good learning curve for myself, especially being my first year.

“There is things I need to work on so I can take it into this year.

YOUNGSTER: The bolter who could replace Ben Hunt

RE-SIGN: Hurrell set to stay with Titans

“I’m more confident this year with a few games under my belt.

“It’s been really enjoyable (being on the Gold Coast.) I can’t ask for anything more.

“The Titans are on the way up. I’m very thankful to the Titans.”

The Titans have high hopes for Pulu in 2017, given he came to the club without ever having played an NRL game.

With two full pre-seasons under his belt he is in the best shape of his career and will provide crucial impact, much like the “Tongan Torpedo” Agnatius Paasi in the early stages of 2016.

If Pulu plays to his potential this season the suitors will be lining up and his manager confirmed the Warriors were among a host of clubs registering interest in the towering forward.

“There is certainly a number of clubs knocking on the door for young Vaha. It’s not just the Warriors,” Amon Ta’akimoeaka said.

“We haven’t spoken about any other clubs at the moment.

“He is pretty well stable at the Titans and is loving every moment of it.

“He has his family there and just started to settle down. He would love to see the Titans come through and keep him there.

“We’re hoping they will come to the table.”

Pulu will start in the back-row for the Titans on Sunday in place of Zeb Taia, who is finalising a release to join English club St Helens for the next three seasons.

http://www.couriermail.com.au/sport...u/news-story/d8d8b0a7b35cb4a6f85e8b042c17a852

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
Apparently Jesse Bromwich has an option in his favor for 2018 which I'm guessing means he is open to hearing offers...

I hope we are all over that

jaseg

Juniors
Apparently Jesse Bromwich has an option in his favor for 2018 which I'm guessing means he is open to hearing offers...

I hope we are all over that

Would let go of Matulino to get him without hesitation. Ideally would like them both, but that's just unrealistic under the cap.

Will we have any Aussies left in 2018? They're all off contract, Lillyman seems possible to go, Hoffman is going, Allwood won't be here, Ayshford doesn't appear in favour.

JJ

Immortal
Forwards win comps imo 9or at least give you the chance to win comps), and he's in the very top echelon for middle forwards, has everything you want there

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
There are a few wingers off contract this year that I believe we should have a crack at given we don't seem able to develop one internally.

Jordan Rapana
David Mead
Kyle Feldt
Gideon Mosby Gela
Dallin Watene Zelezniak
Shaun Kenny Dowall
Daniel Tupou
David Nofoaluma

Any 1 of these would be an improvement on our round 1 wing pairing in my opinion. My choice would be Nofoaluma

Out of that list i could see only Zelezniak coming over based on the Kearney factor. SKD is to much into the "it" scene in sydney and Ropana will get a decent upgrade at Canberra. Nofoaloma maybe....

jaseg

Juniors
Rapana's essentially already re-signed I think
Mead... better than what we have (not saying much) but he'd be a 29yo who best attritbute is straight line speed, so ??
Feldt feels clanger prone to me, although he can kick and finish well
GMG I like so long as he's not playing outside Kata... less point to paying for that speed if he doesn't get service and all his touches are in his own half
DWZ can he stay on the field?
SKD terrible cost:value ratio
Tupou seems good... comes back to cost I suppose
Nofoaluma... yeah, he's damn good - would take a Fus/Nof right edge outside SJ for sure.

Like GMG, you can dig into reserve grade stocks... there is quality to be had there - serveral guys who could walk into our team over Ken at the very least, and probably Tui immediately too... and could end up even better - Kato Ottio, JTS, Ratu Tuisese etc

Latest posts