What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

Shaun Hewitt

First Grade
Can have a Junior Paulo

Paasi, would be alright with.

I wouldn't be against chucking Luke either after this season. We have Roache, we have Cherrington.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Worth mentioning now it's being reported, that one of the 'other' props I had mentioned for some time was Sam Tagataese. Hasn't worked out as far as I'm aware.

There's still another propping option on the table (who we have made an offer to) but let's see.

Is there a chance we could get both (Paasi and other option) or is it a one or the other type deal?

A modest deal sounds good - if he takes it.

4 things from overnight;
*There's likely to be the return from Australia of another junior to our ISP side next year.
*I'm confident that there is still one more forward signing for the top side to come. Paasi wasn't the end of the shopping list. Unlikely to be Taga now, but there's still some handy players being spoken to.
*Hingano will start at 6 next year so don't expect a replacement signed, but possible that there may be a depth signing in the halves to come.
*Still some movement being made in coaching staff. There is still an Aussie in the mix.

We. are. still. in. the. market.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
8. Paasi
9. Cherrington
10. Blair
11. Harris
12. Love-Henry
13. Pulu

14. ??? Another potential signing

I know that won't be our starting pack, but we've turned over an entire packs worth of players in a short space of time. If nothing else I don't think people can really accuse Warriors management of not trying.

We wanted bigger, we got bigger, we wanted more aggression, check, and we wanted better attitudes which on the surface looks to be true.

Whether it works out or not though....we'll see.

Iafeta

Referee
Thank god I saw the "that won't be our starting pack" part, as I would have genuinely cried.

Mix, any news on Ofahiki Ogden. I heard the Warriors were scrambling at the last second to get him to reneg on the Bulldogs deal.

Thank god I saw the "that won't be our starting pack" part, as I would have genuinely cried.

Mix, any news on Ofahiki Ogden. I heard the Warriors were scrambling at the last second to get him to reneg on the Bulldogs deal.
Sorry mate, haven't heard anything further about the Ogden backflip

playdaball

Bench
I wonder if Hiku is here as a 6 or at least a back up 6? When (not if) SJ goes down, we can't rely upon Lino and Ata as not up to NRL standard . Is the Blake Green signing now over? I think they'll still be player movement after the RLWC amongst all clubs.

Iafeta

Referee
Suspect there may still be fallout in Sydney based halves if Cronk plays on. That said, I truly do believe it's time to invest in Ata. We didn't with Tui and IMHO he was starting to complete the step up to NRL standard simply because Ivan gave him time. I'd hate to think we could do the same waste of a player strategy with Ata.

Reactions: JJ

playdaball

Bench
Suspect there may still be fallout in Sydney based halves if Cronk plays on. That said, I truly do believe it's time to invest in Ata. We didn't with Tui and IMHO he was starting to complete the step up to NRL standard simply because Ivan gave him time. I'd hate to think we could do the same waste of a player strategy with Ata.

I'm torn on this as I still believe we need a decent 6 ( where are our 6s?) but at the same time I do agree with your comments re ATA. Let's see what happens in the WC and if there is movement (Cronk) - perhaps someone will be looking for a club??? Can we afford to be paient ? stakeholders are demanding Warriors success.

Izz

Bench
Halves usually need time playing (like a season+) at NRL level to get good. Very rare to see a half come straight in from reserve grade and dominate

4 things from overnight;
*There's likely to be the return from Australia of another junior to our ISP side next year.
*I'm confident that there is still one more forward signing for the top side to come. Paasi wasn't the end of the shopping list. Unlikely to be Taga now, but there's still some handy players being spoken to.
*Hingano will start at 6 next year so don't expect a replacement signed, but possible that there may be a depth signing in the halves to come.
*Still some movement being made in coaching staff. There is still an Aussie in the mix.

We. are. still. in. the. market.

That former junior likely to come back to ISP

I immediately thought James Taylor, former prop. Club had big wraps on him before Knights got him
My 2nd thought was David Bhana