What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

jaseg

Juniors
There is another Kiwi back from the Storm that I'd like the Warriors to have a crack at, Shem Tatupu. He's the son of ex Warrior, Tony and was a good league player when younger and a special 1st XV player at St Peters College. He signed with Hawthorn AFL before signing with the Storm. I'm not sure why he never succeeded at the Storm but go on Warriors give him a go ... NSW Cup starting point.

It's a weird one - I know of the guy, but can't find records of him actually playing at a decent level of competition during the 2 years he was contracted to the Storm.

Too old for 20s when he signed with the Storm. Either QLD cup side? Nope. Maybe he had a few games in 2016 and I've just missed them... but can't see them right now, anyway. He did play some Brisbane A grade (that's a 3rd tier senior comp) in 2016 with Easts Tigers, at least. And he seemed to be scoring a few tries there too - the one clip I've found is simply him taking a bomb above his head and scoring. Unsurprising, given his listed height and time in the AFL system.

I know he was involved in some sort of car accident sometime around the start of this year... did that rule him out for all of this year? I can't see any record of him playing at any level in 2017. Is he ok to play again?

Providing he's even fit, I find it hard to believe he'd be anything close to NRL standard... maybe a development guy? He's turning 22 soon, so still some time left in him I guess. Depends on where he is right now as a player.. hard to judge without seeing him.

Then again, let's put this into context. We've just had Maumalo as a regular starter despite still learning the basics of the position on the job at NRL level. That's the level Tatupu would need to be at if he's to provide competition within our squad, lol.... he's probably not that far off.

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Wouldn't necessarily hurt as a NSW Cup 2nd tier signing, but would anyone trust us to bring on a winger of any pedigree, let alone one that's been injured/in the wilderness in Melbourne/playing a completely different sport?

playdaball

Bench
Wouldn't necessarily hurt as a NSW Cup 2nd tier signing, but would anyone trust us to bring on a winger of any pedigree, let alone one that's been injured/in the wilderness in Melbourne/playing a completely different sport?

He switched from league to union 1st XV and was a real hit. He was arguably the most damaging player in the 1st XV comp and there were some good players including the likes of a Fijian winger then at St Kents, now at the Storm. Unsure what happened in Melbourne but worth a punt.

Iafeta

Referee
Cheap. I think you could apply that term to 95% of the squad. I half expect them to be flogging signed gear on the weekends at Otara Markets to make ends meet.

Fufu Andronez

First Grade
What happens to Luke post 2018? Assuming we don't land a big fish does he get re-signed or do we chuck in Cherrington and Roache? Luke seems a bit young to retire just yet..

Id love to see Cherrington get a shot sometime this year though, reckon he has some real quality about him

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
JTS is back in NZ and living with RTS.

Doesn't necessarily mean anything, but an interesting thing for those keeping track.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Rumour floating around in Oz, personally think there is more chance of Cliffy Lyons coming back to play next year than this occurring, but I'll chuck it up anyway

Cronk = Roosters
Pearce = Manly
Green = Warriors