What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Unless something new has come up Green coming to us is enough to stop them losing more players.

They just won't be able to add more.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Manly facing salary cap breaches and could be forced to lose some players.

You got any insight on this Beave or is it just a media beat up? @Beavers Headgear

Won't be forced to shed any players at all. Hard to know where to go with all the reporting etc, but reports seem to suggest that over 5 years there may have been 350k not paid correctly, all coming back to TPA stuff by the sounds of it, with Foran near the centre of it. Basically coming down to the fact that the club may have organised the agreements rather than the players/managers etc, I'd suggest you be fairly naive to think that it happens any other way. Is an 81 year old lady being pinged for it, who has stated that every payment she has made has been setup and ratified by the NRL so all very confusing. Is being beat up a lot more than what it is, when you consider that in 2010, the Tigers made the prelim and were found to be 300k over and not much was made of that, and clubs get pinged for minor infringements every season. Also you normally consider that cheating a cap means you are retaining players and we have the highest turnover of any club the past couple of years

Manly lawyers have found inconsistencies in the NRL documents but club deciding what action to take. Has been some talk that the NRL are running it like the judiciary in a way, if we roll over and take our medicine, lighter punishment, fight them on anything not agreed with and the punishments will get more severe, which seems like a joke to me. Personally I don't see the point in fighting anything because the NRL aren't going to backtrack and have egg on their face

Reports suggest a big fine and losing that 350k from next years cap, not really an issue considering at this stage we are 800k under the cap, and we're forced to play 1mil under the cap this season with the NRL refusing to medically retire Matai and Stewart.

All in all it shows a lot of the inconsistencies in how the game is run, when Maloney gave up Penrith stone cold in an interview a couple of weeks back for organising his TPA for him, but Greenberg and co said they won't investigate that. Are numerous examples of things like that as well, none moreso than when Hayne come back, not a well known story but Manly tried to register Winterstein and were rejected because clubs weren't allowed to register players after a certain date in the season, on the same day the NRL announced Hayne would be registered and playing that weekend lol, Manly come back with a please explain and they had to backflip on the earlier decision. Another great example is how clubs get rejected because they aren't paying market value, but they have ratified the Hayne contract to Parra at half the price of his previous deal

Delboy

First Grade
The last sentence is typical Manly sh't stirring

How about you reference Sims leaving Newcastle at $450k to play for Uncle Wayne on $85k. James Roberts leaving a $500k contract to go to the Broncos for less than $300k. Milford refusing a $1 million offer from the Raiders , again to go to Broncos for half.

Not to mention Tedesco turning down $1 million from the Tigers for a $700k contract at the Rorters. Plenty of examples at the usual suspects

Perhaps if the NRL and a a player manager who suddenly didn't get investigated hadn't blind sided said player, he wouldn't have played like a plonker lat season , thereby reducing his value.

Let's see what actually comes from the cap issue before making a comment about another club, particularly one which was savaged by the media and punished completely differently from the Dogs and Storm who were allowed to keep their players after their discretions

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
The last sentence is typical Manly sh't stirring

How about you reference Sims leaving Newcastle at $450k to play for Uncle Wayne on $85k. James Roberts leaving a $500k contract to go to the Broncos for less than $300k. Milford refusing a $1 million offer from the Raiders , again to go to Broncos for half.

Not to mention Tedesco turning down $1 million from the Tigers for a $700k contract at the Rorters. Plenty of examples at the usual suspects

Perhaps if the NRL and a a player manager who suddenly didn't get investigated hadn't blind sided said player, he wouldn't have played like a plonker lat season , thereby reducing his value.

Let's see what actually comes from the cap issue before making a comment about another club, particularly one which was savaged by the media and punished completely differently from the Dogs and Storm who were allowed to keep their players after their discretions

No stabs intended at Parra, was just the most recent example and didn't want to make the post more long winded than it already was, am glad you have highlighted more instances, another one was Foran on half his money to play for the Warriors last year. Then you go back a couple of years and reverse the situation when Parra had a contract for Israel Folau sorted but the NRL said it was too low and wouldn't register it, same situation with Glenn Stewart at Manly

What they all show is that with the current setup, there is no consistency from the top

If anybody is interested in some more detail, have a read of this
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...salary-cap-investigation-20171213-h047sy.html

Suggests that all these deals have been previously approved by the NRL and they are now questioning them, and the NRL don't actually have any evidence of deals being made and paid. Very, very weird and if we want to talk about consistency again, how about the Roosters association with City Ford ?

Last edited:

Rich102

Staff member
We did a poor job of evaluating what we were getting.
He was in poor physical shape.
Doyle bought him because he needed a big name signing to appease the fans and he was the only name that would come.
Be interesting to see what the Dogs get out of him; what with having to let Graham go and all.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
We did a poor job of evaluating what we were getting.
He was in poor physical shape.
Doyle bought him because he needed a big name signing to appease the fans and he was the only name that would come.
Be interesting to see what the Dogs get out of him; what with having to let Graham go and all.
If you go back through my post history on Forans pre signing, you'd read about how I was a little doubtful of his problems before we signed him but I was very much looking forward to seeing him play for us.

We did do a poor job of evaluating him as you say but everyone including the rugby league media, thought that with the kiwi spine, we'd be a force this year. Doyle would've thought the same and like you say, no other big names would come and I don't think thats changing anytime soon.

I think Foran did come here with the intention of repaying the faith that the Warriors organisation had in him. However, I think the combination of the; injuries, issues he's had off the field and father time, has seen his usual good form gone. His first game for us could well be his last best NRL performance. Im not expecting too much from Foran at the doggies but I hope his life gets better before his footy does. Especially with xmas comin up and all.

Rich102

Staff member
Apparently Sione Afemui is training with the squad.
Ex-Raider looking for a contract.
That's him on the right.

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
Flicked on trackside radio on the way to work yesterday morning, and there was a discussion about Julian Savea switching to League, not sure where the story has come from or anything like that

Iafeta

Referee
He's been axed by the ABs. I don't think he has any serious league ambitions. It's more a case of him leveraging league to get dialogue going with Hansen I personally believe.

Meth

Staff member
He's been axed by the ABs. I don't think he has any serious league ambitions. It's more a case of him leveraging league to get dialogue going with Hansen I personally believe.

Well, he's got no show of getting that left wing spot back any time soon if Ioane stays fit.

Iafeta

Referee
Perhaps, but I reckon he can get back into the squad. Or use this to leverage a contract overseas. The old pay me I'm going to league routine when he has no intention of doing it.

That said, I believe the Roosters still have $2m to spare from when Ned Catic retired.

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
Any other players rumoured to come to us or is there a 'name' looking to make themselves a free agent on the league market?

I mentioned Julian Savea ages ago and no, I don't know the man whatsoever. It was just a suggestion. But like a lot of things I post about, it later comes to light in the media. Its like they're reading my posts lol. For example, I red Hughes saying the same stuff I said about Foran ages ago, Quade Cooper being chased now by both codes, Savea might be worth a call, Fusitua being a class player in the future WHEN he got dropped in his rookie games for us, Lolohea not a fullback when he was playing great at fullback, Warriors going good during Origin as a thing (not mentioned or talked about BEFORE I brought it up), Kiwis struggling and not winning the RLWC etc etc...

lasir

Juniors
Any other players rumoured to come to us or is there a 'name' looking to make themselves a free agent on the league market?

I mentioned Julian Savea ages ago and no, I don't know the man whatsoever. It was just a suggestion. But like a lot of things I post about, it later comes to light in the media. Its like they're reading my posts lol. For example, I red Hughes saying the same stuff I said about Foran ages ago, Quade Cooper being chased now by both codes, Savea might be worth a call, Fusitua being a class player in the future WHEN he got dropped in his rookie games for us, Lolohea not a fullback when he was playing great at fullback, Warriors going good during Origin as a thing (not mentioned or talked about BEFORE I brought it up), Kiwis struggling and not winning the RLWC etc etc...
you forgot that one about your missus and the sharkies.. oopps nevermind

ZEROMISSTACKLES

First Grade
you forgot that one about your missus and the sharkies.. oopps nevermind
lol - "you forgot that one", you forgot THE one, not that there was one. Dear oh dear. Crack up.

Hey there newbie, I see you joined the forum just a few months back, or is this an alternative account because you're to cowardice to use your real one ;) oopps nevermind BUHAHAHA

Sharkies was before you signed up with us so you 'lasir', lassie, must be a alternative account. Sharkies or shark eyes are the old school name for the shades. The missus part, I don't know what you're talking about. We're men here that talk league, not little boys like you're typing.

The fact is I post interesting stuff that pans out and I have proof of all I say. Its in my post history. Its just so that I post something about league and a few weeks or months later it becomes a thing. Not many posters can say that and neither am I saying Im better than everyone else. You reading my posts, even from way back when I mentioned the sharkies, is a testament to how interesting my posts can be. You hear it here first ;) so keep reading lassie lol or offer something insightful for us to read.
Screen Shot 2017-12-21 at 5.12.40 PM.png

Last edited:

Leber

Bench
RTS is apparently unsatisfied with the warriors training regiment.

He has been paying a Personal trainer out of his own pocket because he doesn't think the training is good enough.