What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumor Mill

BLN2

Juniors
Drags forum are saying we've thrown an offer at Patty Herbert - Ex JK and NYC captain. Seems rated, centre. I'd say he could be eyed up for Gellings spot.

VillaTheGorilla

Juniors
Just curious about rumours and signings for next year?
I might be incorrect but aren't a lot of big name signings or rumours already complete around about now?

Haven't really heard anything..

BLN2

Juniors
Would he start at any other club? And what position.. If jersey 9.5 (Half hooker, half prop) existed, he'd be the best. Although Havili would give him a run.

Good on him, would be nice to keep him but wouldn't put him on a big deal or anything..

Penrose Warrior

First Grade
Reports that Issac Luke has signed with the Knights for two seasons, and will be announced after the two-week cooling down period.

If so, I fear for 2019. We'd be banking on Roache being fit (huge if), one of the other guys in the squad (Lawton, Tevaga, Cook, Cherrington - yikes) or signing someone for the same money.

It's really disappointing if true. I know Issac has the tendency to suck in non-contract years and we've heard whispers of him disrupting the group...and if that's the case, then fair enough as long as we have a plan. Warriors with Luke and sans Luke this year were two different beasts.

Matua

Bench
Reports that Issac Luke has signed with the Knights for two seasons, and will be announced after the two-week cooling down period.

If so, I fear for 2019. We'd be banking on Roache being fit (huge if), one of the other guys in the squad (Lawton, Tevaga, Cook, Cherrington - yikes) or signing someone for the same money.

It's really disappointing if true. I know Issac has the tendency to suck in non-contract years and we've heard whispers of him disrupting the group...and if that's the case, then fair enough as long as we have a plan. Warriors with Luke and sans Luke this year were two different beasts.
Maybe the deal includes a swap with one of their current Kiwi hookers?

Yep, be interesting to see how we go without Luke next year.

One Warrior

Bench

Not the sort of rumour we want, by the way Cherrington went mid year and Tevaga and Sam Cook are also unsigned for next year. Also heard a rumour that Mason Lino is also about to sign a two year deal with the Knights.

Rich102

Staff member
Luke brings a lot to the team. We will miss him.
Depends a lot on what we do with the money.
James Graham or David Klemmer maybe?

Matua

Bench
Luke brings a lot to the team. We will miss him.
Depends a lot on what we do with the money.
James Graham or David Klemmer maybe?
If we get either of those two that's me done for the Warriors, which without an adequate replacement for Luke wont be an issue as we'll be hopeless anyway.

Matua

Bench
You don't like quality Matua? Or you think we should be an all NZ team?
I can't get over how much those two were Karmichael Hunts in that match at homebush where they completely lost the plot and went nutso at the ref. I'm even more surprised, well not really, that no one in the NRL really gave a shit about it and it was also unsurprising that their fans went nuts too after seeing the players doing it. It seems being good at league excuses that kind of behaviour. They're not the kind of guys I want in teams I support.

Latest posts