What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed Signings - Part 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

abpanther

Staff member
Last one is full, can a mod please make this a sticky

Reports that we are chasing Dale Copley, not sure how I feel about this one

mxlegend99

Referee
There's no way it's true. None of these players would get dropped:

Moylan - Made an Australian test squad and is a fringe NSW player
Mansour - AUS rep, fringe NSW player
Hiku - NZ rep
Whare - NZ rep
DWZ - Selected for NZ twice. Not played yet though due to worst timed injuries ever

Unless we move Moylan to halves. But Griffin and Moylan have both made that seem like it's not happening anytime soon. If ever.

kinghippo

Juniors
the mole said there is a rumour Michael Jennings is being shopped around. We certainly don't need him but I would prefer him over Copley, and you would have to think if Michael signed elsewhere his brothers may consider joining him, especially if we keep signing players in front of them.

MrAnonymous

Bench
We wouldnt be signing Copley to start. He is as good as you get depth wise though. I cant see him starting at any club bar the Titans and eels.

MrAnonymous

Bench
the mole said there is a rumour Michael Jennings is being shopped around. We certainly don't need him but I would prefer him over Copley, and you would have to think if Michael signed elsewhere his brothers may consider joining him, especially if we keep signing players in front of them.

I think most of us would take a million a season player then one who has spent the majority of his career in Q cup. We are no chance to get him anyway if the rumours are true, which they useslly aren't coming from the mole.

kinghippo

Juniors
Obviously a million dollar player is preferable to a reserve grader.I was more interested to hear peoples thoughts on Michael Jennings, would we ever want him back if it could happen?

Randy81

Juniors
Obviously a million dollar player is preferable to a reserve grader.I was more interested to hear peoples thoughts on Michael Jennings, would we ever want him back if it could happen?
No from me. Way too inconsistent for a player on that much.
I recall others said we would lose both his brothers to roosters too - didnt happen and in fact they re-signed.

No doubt he has some x factor but its rocks or diamonds unfortunately

kinghippo

Juniors
Michael was hugely disappointing when he was with us. We gambled everything on him with huge contract for a long time and if the reports are true he was lazy, disrespectful and uninterested. He certainly won't be commanding the type of dollars he is currently on, and there is a good chance he will loose his origin spot this year too. That being said I still I love watching all the jenningses play, and can't quite shake the idea it would be awesome to see them all playing together in our team.

murraymob

Coach
would love to see Michael sign with us reality is he costs way to much and would be competing for the same positions his brothers want. And we would lose them rather than keep them

abpanther

Staff member
would love to see Michael sign with us reality is he costs way to much and would be competing for the same positions his brothers want. And we would lose them rather than keep them

Can you make this thread a sticky?

ashton

Juniors
Jamie hill a backrower from West Tigers (st marys junior) in NYC squad

Zachary Patch a halfback from Victoria junior rugby league in NYC squad.

Wayde Egan a hooker from Lithgow in NYC squad.

Liam Martin a backrower from Temora in NYC squad.

cAleb Aekins a centre from New Zealand in NYC squad.

Kyle Smith a winger from Kurri Kurri in NYC squad.

Last edited:

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
No idea of the validity but we are or were inquiring about Adam Reynolds for 2017.

While Souths denied ever seeking to offload Adam Reynolds, he?s had serious discussions in the past with the Warriors, Penrith and Canberra on the basis he?d get an early release from his contract, which expires at the end of 2017.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...om-russell-crowe/story-fni3gki8-1227702967357

Maybe a long-term Reynolds/Martin pairing is a goal, which would suggest Moylan ain't ever going to be considered anything but a fullback?

ranga

Juniors
Moylan will start the year at 6 all being well Soward or Wallace will play 7 Will Smith will start at 1

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.