What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Lmao, here we go again.

You can talk all you want about how we played, but you can't deny that refereeing cost us those games.

Yes we lost by 14 to Brisbane(what a smashing), I would have loved to see what happened if certain things went our way instead.

Oh Billy you sarcastic little negative pebble you. :)

Also how did luck go our way in those three games?I'm genuinely curious into how people think this.
We played shit. Thats what cost us.

Bad calls are made every week. Against every team (except Broncos). Go look at the oppositions fans after our wins. They think the refs cost them too.

We sit where we deserve to sit. Possibly higher considering the amount of wins we have where we were shit for 50 or 60 minutes.

Need to be a bit more realistic about our season.

cain3y

Juniors
If you don't let the other team cross your try line, then it doesn't matter how many bad calls you have go against you. But every time the ball goes over the try line there is always the possibility of a try being scored. This is why Melbourne and Cronulla lead the comp, they don't let the opposition get over their try line, hence all the penalties given away 10 metres out.

OldPanther

Coach
If you don't let the other team cross your try line, then it doesn't matter how many bad calls you have go against you. But every time the ball goes over the try line there is always the possibility of a try being scored. This is why Melbourne and Cronulla lead the comp, they don't let the opposition get over their try line, hence all the penalties given away 10 metres out.

Yep. The Storm fans will tell you that's how you know they don't cheat but they are one of the most penalised teams because they give deliberate penalties on their own tey line to slow you down. They do it every game.

franklin2323

Immortal
Didn't Roberts run the length of the field a few times? I don't think the ref helped that at all. Also we got some good calls in the Knights game.

He kinda has a point. Broncos shouldn't of had the ball a different ref rules that as a strip. Late in the 1st half a fair Moylan pass was called forward 24-6 is a different game.

Though we missed that tackles in the end. So can't blame the refs we just seem to go to sleep once calls go against us. We weren't a 2 win 6 loss team. Where we are now is fair we have the draw to help us finish top 4. Rest is on the players

betcats

Referee
He kinda has a point. Broncos shouldn't of had the ball a different ref rules that as a strip. Late in the 1st half a fair Moylan pass was called forward 24-6 is a different game.

He has no point, he is clutching at straws. He has said himself he wasn't even talking about the tamou try for one thing and secondly he is saying we definitely would of won that game had the ruck been interpreted differently which is ridiculous, as old panther pointed out the broncos picked the ball up off the ground after we dropped it twice and ran away and scored. Shit defence, Ball handling and attitude cost us that game, nothing else. Saying refs cost us that game is excuse making of the highest order.

Last edited:

betcats

Referee
Interesting to see who gets the call up if a couple of backs go down now. Assuming Oldfield & ???

Depends who gets injured but you could start peach at centre and move Whare or Waqa. Oldy would be the first called up from cup you would think. Pretty keen to see who gets TMMs spot.

franklin2323

Immortal
He has no point, he is clutching at straws. He has said himself he wasn't even talking about the tamou try for one thing and secondly he is saying we definitely would of won that game had the ruck been interpreted differently which is ridiculous, as old panther pointed out the broncos picked the ball up off the ground after we dropped it twice and ran away and scored. Shit defence, Ball handling and attitude cost us that game, nothing else. Saying refs cost us that game is excuse making of the highest order.

Their 1st try Roberts scored off a scrum. A scrum that was off a 50/50 call anyway it is part of footy. Plenty of 50/50 calls went our way since then and will do so as the year goes on

franklin2323

Immortal
Depends who gets injured but you could start peach at centre and move Whare or Waqa. Oldy would be the first called up from cup you would think. Pretty keen to see who gets TMMs spot.

I don't see anyone in the current squad that will take that spot. Peachey or Wallace moving would be my tip if we need a half during the year

mxlegend99

Referee
Oldfield should be the last resort.

Edwards
Mansour
Whare
Blake
DWZ

Peach at centre
CHN at centre
Yeo at centre

Blake first choice to wing
Whare second

If we get more injuries than that I think we call on rookies instead. Although that isnt likely.

Oldfield was terrible. Hes not NRL quality. Plenty of solutions assuming injuries dont pile up all at once

betcats

Referee
Their 1st try Roberts scored off a scrum. A scrum that was off a 50/50 call anyway it is part of footy. Plenty of 50/50 calls went our way since then and will do so as the year goes on

Im not saying there weren't some harsh calls, but for the guy to say the refs stole th
Oldfield should be the last resort.

Edwards
Mansour
Whare
Blake
DWZ

Peach at centre
CHN at centre
Yeo at centre

Blake first choice to wing
Whare second

If we get more injuries than that I think we call on rookies instead. Although that isnt likely.

Oldfield was terrible. Hes not NRL quality. Plenty of solutions assuming injuries dont pile up all at once

I remember Oldfield being pretty solid in his one game so far this year, would rather bring him up than put Yeo or CHN in the centres at this point.

Last edited:

flash

Juniors
I remember Oldfield being pretty solid in his one game so far this year, would rather bring him up than put Yeo or CHN in the centres at this point.

I've tried to erase all memory of that Souths game but Oldfield was barely solid. I remember his pass thrown 10 metres wide and about 1 metre forward to Edwards (in his first run-on game at fullback, and would have been his first touch of the game) who had no chance of catching it.

mxlegend99

Referee
Im not saying there weren't some harsh calls, but for the guy to say the refs stole th

I was pretty drunk for that game too. But i still know he wasn't solid.

He's like Will Smith without the ability to do something freaking occasionally.

martielang

Bench
I've tried to erase all memory of that Souths game but Oldfield was barely solid. I remember his pass thrown 10 metres wide and about 1 metre forward to Edwards (in his first run-on game at fullback, and would have been his first touch of the game) who had no chance of catching it.

That was really the only error he made. I don't think hes that bad.

Forgot about Peach, obvious replacement.

betcats

Referee

No mistakes bar that plus 150 metres, try and a linebreak...pretty solid if you ask me.

betcats

Referee
I was pretty drunk for that game too. But i still know he wasn't solid.

He's like Will Smith without the ability to do something freaking occasionally.

He threw one silly pass, scored a try and ran for 150m. He was solid IMO.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts