What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

bebo

Juniors
The only player released who frees up cap space is Hiku. TMM would be a bit above minimum wage, but not by much and the others like MWZ, Oldfield etc. Would be lucky to be on minimum wage.

I think we are clearing spots for our young guys to be promoted to the top squad and extended for a bit.
I wonder how many more second rowers can sign we have Yeo,Fish,CHN,Bryce,Jed Carty also guys that look promising are Jack Hetherington Corey Waddel that's an abundance there may be more I may have left out but it's hard to see them all fitting in

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
I wonder how many more second rowers can sign we have Yeo,Fish,CHN,Bryce,Jed Carty also guys that look promising are Jack Hetherington Corey Waddel that's an abundance there may be more I may have left out but it's hard to see them all fitting in

11. CHN
12. Yeo
13. Cartwright

14. JFH

And that should take care of that. Injuries will open up opportunities.

I want Merrin at prop and Kikau to fulfill his potential and Latu to rediscover his form.

kinghippo

Juniors
We could use all the 2nd rowers a bit like the nsw have been doing.
Every gets a spell on the side lines but there are always fresh legs on the field.
Although it may not work as well for regular games, to many stoppages to exploit fatigue like nsw managed in game one.
Still it's great to see such depth at the club, if we can find the right formula we will be a great squad for a long time.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Releasing Hiku,MWZ and Oldfield does leave us a bit skinny in the outside backs.

Peachey would be the first cab off the rank. Then who? Move Yeo out there?

Whare out for 4 weeks now.

We really can't afford another backline injury now.

Thankfully as Umina Panther said, we don't use our centres anyway!

We should be exploring Cooper Cronk option again.

We desperately need some experience in our spine. Cleary could play from the bench whilst he learns under Cronk.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cronk would be great. But we would need to push out a few players on good money to get him and you know he has 2 years max left in him.

Unless you could offload Tamou... that would be a no brainer. Deadset. He's being paid as an international and rep quality player. Yet he's performing like an average first grader.

Based on what he is earning he has been terrible.

OldPanther

Coach
Cronk would be great. But we would need to push out a few players on good money to get him and you know he has 2 years max left in him.

Unless you could offload Tamou... that would be a no brainer. Deadset. He's being paid as an international and rep quality player. Yet he's performing like an average first grader.

Based on what he is earning he has been terrible.

Yep. Replace him with one of the young blokes. We have a good stack of forwards ready to have a go.

mxlegend99

Referee
Sam extended his contract that was overpriced and took a pay cut though. Im sure it's still decent coin, but i would doubt he is even on half of what Tamou is.

BxTom

Bench
Ok, if we take Gus's word that the rumours about TMM are false, it seems a waste to see him go. So do you think it was because;
1. Performance based,
2. We were over the 'estimated' new cap,
or we were freeing up money for Cronk?

Tom.

mxlegend99

Referee
Ok, if we take Gus's word that the rumours about TMM are false, it seems a waste to see him go. So do you think it was because;
1. Performance based,
2. We were over the 'estimated' new cap,
or we were freeing up money for Cronk?

Tom.
Tmm couldnt possibly free up much cap space though. He was an Under 20s talent when we signed him. He never extended or upgraded.

It cant be performance based either. You dont sack a talented player after a few games where he wasnt close to oyr worst either.

Honestly no scenario seems like the full story. And what Gus said just makes things even more confysing... if he was being honest why would TMM be sacked?

I doubt we ever know the whole story

OldPanther

Coach
I doubt we're getting him but we'd be crazy not to have a go.

We desperately need some experience in key positions & Cleary could learn a lot from him.

Get him on as a halves coach then. Don't mess with the line up again. We haven't had a consistent spine yet under Griffin. Keep the halves together long term now.

Status
Not open for further replies.