What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

GongPanther

Referee
Expect a lot more imports for SG Ball for the next 2 years.

The 2017 Harold Matts team (which were all locals) flopped.

Are Penrith still stacking the junior sides with players affiliated with those private Catholic schools?

If that is the case they need to get the best players from all the junior clubs around the area. The Matts side should have had no excuse for the abysmal season they had.

ashton

Juniors
Expect a lot more imports for SG Ball for the next 2 years.

The 2017 Harold Matts team (which were all locals) flopped.

Not good enough that our HM were very poor.....players or coach the problem?
How will next years HM go as I know we have lost a lot of juniors to Parramatta and Manly?
What imports do you know of for SG Ball for 2018.......I know of two players.
How do you rate Lindsay Smith?

GongPanther

Referee
Not good enough that our HM were very poor.....players or coach the problem?
How will next years HM go as I know we have lost a lot of juniors to Parramatta and Manly?
What imports do you know of for SG Ball for 2018.......I know of two players.
How do you rate Lindsay Smith?

How do you know re: juniors to Parramatta and Manly?

ashton

Juniors
How do you know re: juniors to Parramatta and Manly?
A couple of years ago 1st division clubs Minchinbury and Doonside best players defected to the Parra jrl in that age group.
Manly send a bus to blacktown a couple of times a week to pick up players from Penrith and Parramatta jrl to play in the Manly jrl and the Manly jrl rep sides.....Panther Daz may know more about this.

Black Magik

Juniors
A couple of years ago 1st division clubs Minchinbury and Doonside best players defected to the Parra jrl in that age group.
Manly send a bus to blacktown a couple of times a week to pick up players from Penrith and Parramatta jrl to play in the Manly jrl and the Manly jrl rep sides.....Panther Daz may know more about this.
So this massive nursery the media keep spruking we have is being white anted by east sydney and hills district clubs...interesting that never gets mentioned.

GongPanther

Referee
I guess you can't do anything about it,except halt any future funding from the Penrith club,and let Manly pick up the tab.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Masked Panther column in the Extra Time supplement in the Western Weekender. Says that he is willing to come back and play NSW Cup.

I think the Masked Panther is wrong. I read he has a year to run on his existing deal at the Tigers in his favour but he would leave the club to secure a longer deal in the NRL or if that didn't eventuate ESL.
He won't come back here to play reserve grade. Surely? He would get a better deal in the ESL if he had no takers out here.

Last edited:

age.s

First Grade
Timmys a Penrith boy isn't he? There could be a host of reasons why he'd want to work in his home town rather than in the UK or even interstate. Who knows what his personal situation is.

I'd have him back in a heartbeat if the price was right.

mxlegend99

Referee
Tim Grant would be a waste of a roster spot unless he was willing to be outside the top 25/30.

Hes probably on par with Browne and Mckendry. But we have better alternatives then all 3 for those spots.

Between Latu, Tamou and RCG we have plenty of experience. No need to carry average players just because of experience.

Merrin will likely shift to front row also... its really not a position we need to add average players to. We have depth with potential. We have experience.

maple_69

Bench
How's Oliver Clarke coming along this year? Playing off the bench behind Ellis doesn't sound like he's hit the ground running in reggies but I haven't heard much and it may just be a development strategy.

betcats

Referee
How's Oliver Clarke coming along this year? Playing off the bench behind Ellis doesn't sound like he's hit the ground running in reggies but I haven't heard much and it may just be a development strategy.

Might take him a bit longer to catch up physically to the men, if he isn't starting cup by next season I'll start to worry bout him.

YoungPanther

Juniors
I have seen Ollie a couple of times this year and coming along nicely.

Forwards are not like backs, they need a few extra years. Especially front rowers. No need to be thrown to the wolves when not ready.

I think Ollie is right on track and wouldn't surprise if he actually got a run at the end of season if either we are assured a spot or can't make the semi's.

No need to rush the lad. Just my opinion.

Kilkenny

Coach
1000/1 Tim Grant returning to the Panthers. Won't happen nor should it.

We have enough trouble giving proper opportunity to some highly promising front rowers/back rowers never mind bringing back Tim Grant. Gimme a break.

I have edited my original post to include the fact we have a potential wrecking ball in our ranks who has been sparingly and very poorly used in his limited opportunities to date. His name is Viliame Kikau. Let the kid loose given the injuries to Merrin, Latu and potentially JFH and give him big minutes showing some faith and trust. I have no doubt he can deliver.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts