What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blues Riff

Bench
That has to be the flimsiest piece of journalism I've ever seen. My IQ is actually lower from having read it. If the guy knows some facts why is he tip-toeing around with "ifs and buts"?
The only thing I've heard from any credible source is what he's said to team mates and Gus. All the other shit is just re-cycled from weeks ago before he met with the club and his manager.

Panther Mick

Juniors

Just speculation with no real conclusions.

Blake Green to the Warriors has been rumoured for 6 - 8 weeks. Way before Moylan supposedly wanting out of here. Green's possible move has never been reliant on Manly getting Moylan.
They have a young gun half in Tom Wright coming through which they wish to grade soon and I think they signed another under 20's 5/8 from the Sharks last week.
I am aware Wright can also play in the centres.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Just speculation with no real conclusions.

Blake Green to the Warriors has been rumoured for 6 - 8 weeks. Way before Moylan supposedly wanting out of here. Green's possible move has never been reliant on Manly getting Moylan.
They have a young gun half in Tom Wright coming through which they wish to grade soon and I think they signed another under 20's 5/8 from the Sharks last week.
I am aware Wright can also play in the centres.

If you listen to the reports, Manly are also keen on Maloney and Carney.

betcats

Referee
The Tele today mentioned Griffin exteneded his contract with us recently.

If this is true Gus has tied his fate to Griffin. Griffin fails next year then so does Gus. No improvement means they should both be punted IMO. Two years now, sort out Moylan either way and then improve our team or leave, they cant keep using excuses, if we look like the same team next year then they are both done.

If it's true I can't understand why they haven't announced it. Generally teams make it known when they sign or extend a player or coach.

They have been sitting on it for awhile. I guess they are waiting for the right moment to announce it. It was rumoured mid year he was getting extended till 2020 then last month it was agreed upon.
The season is over I can't see the reason not announce it unless there is a problem or bad news is coming. I always thought they were hanging off hoping we would go further into September so they could sell it better.

OldPanther

Coach
They have been sitting on it for awhile. I guess they are waiting for the right moment to announce it. It was rumoured mid year he was getting extended till 2020 then last month it was agreed upon.
The season is over I can't see the reason not announce it unless there is a problem or bad news is coming. I always thought they were hanging off hoping we would go further into September so they could sell it better.

Agreed. There's no reason not to announce it unless they are worried about something.

Remember how Joey johns rates Tyrone May more than Moylan?

Well...

So many ex players in the media & by extension fans fall into the latest & greatest trap.

Morgan is playing fantastically, but if Thurston had been fit the cowboys likely make the top 4.

Kev07

Juniors

Well...

So many ex players in the media & by extension fans fall into the latest & greatest trap.

Morgan is playing fantastically, but if Thurston had been fit the cowboys likely make the top 4.
Agree as is Lockyer comparisons

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Well...

I think this has been taken out of context. Joey was talking about how everyone has been underestimating the Cowboys and no one has given them a chance without Thurston.

He then went to say that they are very dangerous with Morgan at 1/2 back as he is getting twice as much ball as you useually would.

At no point was he suggesting that the Cowboys are better without Thurston.

mxlegend99

Referee
If it's true I can't understand why they haven't announced it. Generally teams make it known when they sign or extend a player or coach.
Even we aren't dumb enough to brag about re-signing him.

We are dumb enough to do it. But we know not to brag about it. Hopefully we can get out of ot like Bulldogs did with Dessie.

Apparently failing means you van change your mind and not even pay him a cent

I think this has been taken out of context. Joey was talking about how everyone has been underestimating the Cowboys and no one has given them a chance without Thurston.

He then went to say that they are very dangerous with Morgan at 1/2 back as he is getting twice as much ball as you useually would.

At no point was he suggesting that the Cowboys are better without Thurston.

I didn’t hear what was said but triple M put it in quotes.

From the quote he doesn’t say they’re better *without* Thurston, he says they’re more dangerous with Morgan *at* 7.

And that in itself is silly.

Rowdy Panther

Juniors
I didn’t hear what was said but triple M put it in quotes.

From the quote he doesn’t say they’re better *without* Thurston, he says they’re more dangerous with Morgan *at* 7.

And that in itself is silly.
Best halfback in the NRL at the moment, proved tonight he has everything. I think Johns's reputation is intact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts