What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nathan gets free advice at home. Why do we assume he want to work with his father?
The "revenge on Gus" theory is absurd. He's no more or less likely to move on than any other player off contract.
You honestly think Gus publicly belittling his dad would have no effect on how Nathan views Gus and the club?

OldPanther

Coach
At the end of the day if Nathan wants to play for his dad..... there is nothing our club can do to stop this from happening. Football wise mad to go to the Tigers but blood is thicker than water.

The other major point about Cleary..... If Garth Brennan has just paid Ash Taylor $1.2 mill a year starting in 2019... WTF is Nathan worth? If Taylor is worth 1mill Nathan is worth 3mill... that is how stupid the Titans deal is.

Well said in both points. The halves market has gone nuts since Ben Hunt and the Dragons.

franklin2323

Immortal
One lie that cluld have been an honest mistake is fine. Constant lies is not.

Media - TMM is on the outer and being shopped around.
Us - thats not true. He is part of our future plans
A couple weeks later he is gone.

Media - Moylan is unhappy with the coach. Moylan wants to leave us. Etc.
Gus - moylan has no issues with the coach and wants to remain a Panther
A few weeks later he is gone

Gus - we want to build a roster around locally developed players
Gus - throws all our salary cap at Tamou, Merrin and Maloney

Gus - we want roster stability
Gus - has pushed out and/or let go of 20+ players in last 2 seasons

We knew Moylan was gone... our CEO admitted it was 50/50 immediately after the rumours startes abd before Gus came out trying to sell us bullshit. We proceeded to use him in our membership marketing and then as the media said all along he is gone.

Gus has to go. He has done a lot of good for the club. But as each year passes he is undoing alot of that good. All hes good at now is telling the fans what they want to hear and believe... even though it ends up being lies. Give me the truth even if its not as nice to hear anyday. Atleast we could trust his word then.

Moylan's manager also said he was staying. So hardly just Gus saying it

franklin2323

Immortal
You honestly think Gus publicly belittling his dad would have no effect on how Nathan views Gus and the club?

All his friends are here. How many Tigers get punted to get Nathan from an already ordinary roster. I imagine those left wouldn't be too happy to lose mates for the coaches son. A few loses and Nathan would be under plenty of pressure

Blues Riff

Bench
Obviously not, since he's extended twice since the "belittling", the first, a matter of weeks after Ivan left. The second, also having the "Daddy" clause removed. He will have been with the club eight years when the contract expires and you think he's plotting revenge. Haha.

PANTHERMIKE

Juniors
Nathan and Ivan already turning the screws on Gus lol. Punt the merkin now before its too late.

We either pay Nathan INSANE money or he's going to walk imo

He will deserve insane money regardless. We just have to work out a way to come up with it.

Jagging a GF start this year or next would go a long way with TPA's...

Luke Bowden

First Grade
One lie that cluld have been an honest mistake is fine. Constant lies is not.

Media - TMM is on the outer and being shopped around.
Us - thats not true. He is part of our future plans
A couple weeks later he is gone.

Media - Moylan is unhappy with the coach. Moylan wants to leave us. Etc.
Gus - moylan has no issues with the coach and wants to remain a Panther
A few weeks later he is gone

Gus - we want to build a roster around locally developed players
Gus - throws all our salary cap at Tamou, Merrin and Maloney

Gus - we want roster stability
Gus - has pushed out and/or let go of 20+ players in last 2 seasons

We knew Moylan was gone... our CEO admitted it was 50/50 immediately after the rumours startes abd before Gus came out trying to sell us bullshit. We proceeded to use him in our membership marketing and then as the media said all along he is gone.

Gus has to go. He has done a lot of good for the club. But as each year passes he is undoing alot of that good. All hes good at now is telling the fans what they want to hear and believe... even though it ends up being lies. Give me the truth even if its not as nice to hear anyday. Atleast we could trust his word then.

My understanding is that TMM approached the club for a release because he was sick of the constant media speculation and it was effecting his footy.

Moylan was clearly the one lying in that situation.

Our club is built around local players, look at the current starting 17.
1.Edwards
2.DWZ
3.Blake
7.Cleary (you could argue he’s not local)
10.RCG
11.CHN
12.Yeo
13.Cartwright

14.May or Katoa
15.Fish

How many other teams in the Comp have that many locals? How can you honestly say that we aren’t building our team around local talent.

I’m still yet to hear or read a reasonable argument as to why Gus is doing such a bad job and needs to go.

OldPanther

Coach
All his friends are here. How many Tigers get punted to get Nathan from an already ordinary roster. I imagine those left wouldn't be too happy to lose mates for the coaches son. A few loses and Nathan would be under plenty of pressure

There's reasons to stay and go.

Stay: Mates here and a better overall team.

Leave: His father and MAYBE more money.

Indifferent: rep footy.

OldPanther

Coach
My understanding is that TMM approached the club for a release because he was sick of the constant media speculation and it was effecting his footy.

1.Edwards
2.DWZ
3.Blake
10.RCG
11.CHN
12.Yeo
13.Cartwright

14.May or Katoa
15.Fish

How many other teams in the Comp have that many locals? How can you honestly say that we aren’t building our team around local talent.

I’m still yet to hear or read a reasonable argument as to why Gus is doing such a bad job and needs to go.

Cleary's been here since 14. I'd say he count as a local junior.

franklin2323

Immortal

1.Edwards
2.DWZ
3.Blake
10.RCG
11.CHN
12.Yeo
13.Cartwright

14.May or Katoa
15.Fish

I am fine with TMM and Moylan going.
How our squad is right on the cap
Hook being signed without so much as an interview
Roster balance ie no backup half last year should TMM struggle
Is why Gus needs to go

age.s

First Grade
Blake's not really a local either ftr. Grew up in Perth, came here in his late teens from memory.

martielang

Bench
MX, if the club was saying 'we're not letting anybody go' & then start actively shopping our best players around to other teams, then i'd understand your argument but it's been nothing like that at all.

You're just looking for a reason to whinge. You'd get on well with my mrs.

hindy111

Post Whore
Blake's not really a local either ftr. Grew up in Perth, came here in his late teens from memory.

Semi isnt a local jnr for eels but we unearthed him so it counts.
As does Latu and Mansour. Gave them a chance amd rewarded. Technically not juniors.

Peachey perhaps different as he was highly rated and paid nicely

mxlegend99

Referee
Moylan can want out. But Gus had all the power and it was up to him to negotiate his release.

Gus knew all along how that situation would play our. Our CEO said it was 50/50 long before Gus denied it.

Moylan never said anything in the media. Not one way or the other. So atleast unlike Gus, he never lied to us.

1.Edwards
2.DWZ
3.Blake
10.RCG
11.CHN
12.Yeo
13.Cartwright

14.May or Katoa
15.Fish
You have a funny definition of local. These players may have made their debut for us. But coming from Perth(Blake), NZ (CHN and JFH) is not local.

I would consider us to be a huge part of their development. But not local juniors.

We arent building a team around anyone.

We had 2 quality 5/8ths. Lost both withing 6 months
We had 2 quality hookers. Lost both within a year of each other.

All our big money has been thrown at imports. Cartwright is now the highest paid local boy and his career has been f**ked around. Cleary is the logical player to build around and he has one eye on the door already... Gus sacked his father. His father wants to coach him.. i think his dad has the advantage there.

If you want to believe Gus is perfect at his job no argument will convince you otherwise. Likewise no amount of his lies will convince me that he's making all the right decisions now.

He should have left before sacking Cleary. Its been more bad than good decisions since IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.