What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

mxlegend99

Referee
Cartwright played one full game at second row in 2017 and conceded 2 tries and missed 7 tackles... (given it was round one and his first game back in the second row, but those are embarrassing numbers)
I do want him to have first crack in the second row this year because he can be a very good player, but I think it’s clear his defence needs work when he’s playing on the edges, where he prefers to play
That was also the day before newpapers ran the stories slamming him and you would have to think he knew it was coming and he was distracted.

He isn't the best defender. But in his career thats pretty much his worst defensive game at any position. Its certainly not a standard performance for him in the second row.

franklin2323

Immortal
Maybe DWZ with someone else on the wing?

New rules you can only use players in your squad barring huge injuries. Our squad below:

Bryce Cartwright (2021), Corey Harawira-Naera (2020), Corey Waddell (2018), Dallin Watene-Zelezniak (2020), Dean Whare (2021), Dylan Edwards (2020), Isaah Yeo (2019), James Fisher-Harris (2019), Jack Hetherington (2018), James Maloney (2020), James Tamou (2020), Jarome Luai (2018), Jed Cartwright (2019), Josh Mansour (2018), Kaide Ellis (2018), Moses Leota (2019), Nathan Cleary (2019), Nick Lui-Toso (2018), Peter Wallace (2018), Reagan Campbell-Gillard (2019), Sam McKendry (2019), Sione Katoa (2019), Tim Browne (2019), Trent Merrin (2020), Tyrone May (2020), Tyrone Peachey (2019), Tyrone Phillips (2018), Viliame Kikau (2018), Wade Egan (2018), Waqa Blake (2019)

Phillips did his pec so is gone most of the Season. May who would do the Peachey role is out until round 10 or so. If they want him early we should get someone in change. Sami or Roberts-Davis would be my pick but even Copley as a back up winger would be fine

franklin2323

Immortal
I didn’t realise Phillips was out... we’re a bit skinny in the backs which maybe the reason why we’re apparently chasing edrick Lee.

Agree with Jed Cartwright, I think he’d get carved up at centre in the NRL.

Yeah did his pec last week. Edrick Lee would be fine DWZ centre him on the wing if we get an injury

kinghippo

Juniors
I would hate to see peaches leave.
Centre is his position, he dosnt get the minutes off the bench or in second row. He is an attacking weapon out wide, but he was moved once just as he was finding his groove. If he isn’t starting he will want out.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
New rules you can only use players in your squad barring huge injuries. Our squad below:

Sami or Roberts-Davis would be my pick but even Copley as a back up winger would be fine

Copley's garbage he only has 2 good games a year. I would rather have DWZ in the centres.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Edrick Lee would make a good backup, I also hope we have a look at the recently sacked rooster nikorama.

We are really scrapping the barrel if we sign Edrick Lee.
Nikorima has to serve a 12 months suspension before he is allowed to come back to the NRL.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
I would hate to see peaches leave.
Centre is his position, he dosnt get the minutes off the bench or in second row. He is an attacking weapon out wide, but he was moved once just as he was finding his groove. If he isn’t starting he will want out.

The difficutly here is: If Blake is ready to go round 1 (going by his form prior to injury) you must have him as starting centre. Whare comming back from injury has found form and fitness, being possibly one of the best defensive centre's going around.

I see Peachy as being off the bench. A great supersub. Problem is a couple of local juniors we have are cheaper, and offer just as much as the peach.

At centre Peach does lack some possitional poise in defence, and tends to be a ball hog. Herein lies the issue.

kinghippo

Juniors
Edrick Lee has not left the sharks and i dont think is?

Or am i missing some signing news...
I think there have been a few rumours he is on the move, sharks have a lot of excess outside backs, lee, leuteli, gray, feki are all good but may struggle to get a run

franklin2323

Immortal
The difficutly here is: If Blake is ready to go round 1 (going by his form prior to injury) you must have him as starting centre. Whare comming back from injury has found form and fitness, being possibly one of the best defensive centre's going around.

I see Peachy as being off the bench. A great supersub. Problem is a couple of local juniors we have are cheaper, and offer just as much as the peach.

At centre Peach does lack some possitional poise in defence, and tends to be a ball hog. Herein lies the issue.

Has trouble reading defence at times too.

On the bench for me too. So at $300k given May and a few others can do the same. I can't see us matching the offer

kinghippo

Juniors

I understand the whare choice at centre, he is a good player. Peachy to me is similar to Moylan at 5/8, yet to hit the great heights but full of potential.
The thing with the peach is he has reached that stage of his career where he needs to get some stability. He has been bouncing through positions, had representative footy dangled in front of him and will be keen to secure a decent new contract after next year. He won’t get those opportunities off the bench.
He is immensely talented, he will thrive elsewhere and we will regret losing him if we do.
We need to be getting the best out of players, not giving up on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.