What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blade23

Juniors
Didnt we put that Lebanon winger who played in the RLWC ,who looks like Mansour on a training type contract?

Nothing confirm but back in November

Lebanese cult hero Abbas Miski could be set to join his lookalike Josh Mansour at Penrith next season.
Miski, the bearded wing flyer who scored two tries in the narrow 24-22 loss to Tonga on the weekend, has been one of the players to really catch the eye in the World Cup.
And the North Sydney Bears winger has attracted the attention of several NRL clubs, with Penrith leading the way.
I’m hearing the Panthers are set to offer 22-year-old Miski, who played the past couple of seasons with South Sydney’s NSW Cup feeder club Norths, a 16-week train-and-trial contract.
Miski had verbally agreed to a contract with fellow NSW Cup team Wentworthville, but didn’t sign a formal clontract and is free to join the Panthers.
Miski scored a hat trick in the Phoenician Cup against Malta earlier this season and has been a tower of strength in the feledgling Lebanon team in the World Cup.

https://wwos.nine.com.au/2017/11/19/06/54/nrl-news-the-mole-reveals-penrith-panthers-new-signing

Kilkenny

Coach
Tyrone Peachy turns 27 towards then end of the 2018 season and while he is contracted until 2019 it would probably make sense for him to explore his options and pursue a multi year deal with a club such as the Gold Coast who no doubt may be prepared to offer him a three or four deal on good money which would set him up well for the future. While Gus Gould is a big fan of Peachy, most of us are, I don't think he would stand in his way.

hindy111

Post Whore
Peachey is overated. One of those guys who isnt suited to a certain position.

As far as upgrades Gillard,Yeo would of been quite big.

Merrin on 2016 form worth every cent. 2017 wasnt great.
Tamou was overs but not terrible overs. Maybe 150-200k.

Maloney at 800k is fine if play to recent years form. If was 600k + tpa he was a steal.
Perhaps 2019 this will be the case.

2018 team has potential for top 4. I wouldnt weaken the squad if its cap compliant.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Penrith Panthers set to deny Tyrone Peachey 2018 exit to Gold Coast Titans
Tyrone Peachey's future at the Penrith Panthers is up in the air as he weighs up an opportunity to link with the Gold Coast Titans.

NRL.com understands Peachey, who is under contract with the Panthers until the end of 2019, has been given permission by the club to explore other options for next season and has been presented with a three-year deal with the Titans worth close to $1.6 million.

The Panthers want Peachey to stay, however they are unlikely to stand in the way of allowing him to leave, given the battle they face to retain the likes of Josh Mansour (off contract at end of 2018) and Nathan Cleary (2019) on long-term deals.

While Peachey hasn't officially signed with the Titans for 2019, NRL.com understands he is likely to agree to terms in the coming weeks.

The original discussions revolved around Peachey linking with the Titans in 2019, however those close to the Panthers utility have begun agitating for an early release.

Titans coach Garth Brennan has a very close relationship with Penrith general manager Phil Gould from their time together at the foot of the Blue Mountains and won't risk jeopardising that relationship by disrupting the premiership campaign of the club that gave him his chance.
The Panthers have given no indication Peachey will be allowed to leave the club before June 30, however further movement in the player market could result in another flurry of transfers.

"Hopefully he doesn't leave," Panthers skipper Peter Wallace told NRL.com during the club's training camp in Port Macquarie on Thursday.

"I have a massive rap on Peach and he is a good mate as well. I hope he doesn't go. He's huge for us too. If the interchanges keep going down and down, I think the utility value is going to go through the roof. I think it's going to be a key position. It's going to be vital to carry someone on the bench.
"In saying that, he's killed it at centre the last couple of years, too. We have a few blokes there who are pushing for the centre spot. We have a good little battle there. I'm sure wherever Peach plays he will do a good job."

The Titans have two spots left on their roster and have plenty of money to spend as a result of Jarryd Hayne's departure to the Parramatta Eels.

While the Panthers don't need to offload Peachey, who just finished building a house in Glenmore Park, a departure in 2019 would give the club the additional funds required to ensure Cleary remains despite the expected bid from the Wests Tigers to get the halfback to link with his father Ivan in 2020.
https://www.nrl.com/news/2018/01/18...yrone-peachey-2018-exit-to-gold-coast-titans/

hindy111

Post Whore
The window is now if you where in a rebuild id think differently. Unless can find a replacement who would suit the club better. No deal.

kinghippo

Juniors
If he can get a bigger and better deal from 2019 good luck to him.
But he is in our plans for this year and he in my opinion he should not be released this year. We don't need to weaken our squad this year.
I was hoping we could avoid this type of thing until at least the start of the season. It doesn’t help our team any, and player morale is probably just recovering from the Moylan incident.
We will have to wear a lot of negative press this year. Every time we loose a match there will be speculation, the players want out.... not playing for the coach.. blah blah blah
The peach certainly can’t leave this year, that is for sure.
It does make the selection for starting centres very clear.

mxlegend99

Referee
I was hoping we could avoid this type of thing until at least the start of the season. It doesn’t help our team any, and player morale is probably just recovering from the Moylan incident.
We will have to wear a lot of negative press this year. Every time we loose a match there will be speculation, the players want out.... not playing for the coach.. blah blah blah
The peach certainly can’t leave this year, that is for sure.
It does make the selection for starting centres very clear.
Losing a match wont do that. Losing 3 or more in a row might.

We just need to be well ahead in the wins column. If we win 5 and lose one no ones going to question that. Lose 5 in a row though and you better believe people will question things.

kinghippo

Juniors
Losing a match wont do that. Losing 3 or more in a row might.

We just need to be well ahead in the wins column. If we win 5 and lose one no ones going to question that. Lose 5 in a row though and you better believe people will question things.
That’s true, let’s hope the griffins plan to fix slow starts shoots us out of the blocks nice and fast.

martielang

Bench
Agreed. Especially with May out for a couple of months.

I think Wallace makes it pretty easy to see where Peach is playing for us this year. Almost like he realises what he's said then scrambles to make it seem like hes a centre option too.

MrBlack

Juniors
By the end of this year Cleary will be fielding offers around the million dollar mark. We may need to move Peachy on anyway to accommodate this.

Peach has been good for us, without being spectacular. Consistency remains an issue for me. Would rather we kept Cleary.

billypilgrimnz

First Grade
By the end of this year Cleary will be fielding offers around the million dollar mark. We may need to move Peachy on anyway to accommodate this.

Peach has been good for us, without being spectacular. Consistency remains an issue for me. Would rather we kept Cleary.

In my opinion, keeping Cleary won’t come down to purely money. As long as we are competitive in terms of what we offer, it will come down to two things:

1. How well we go this season
2. His opinion of Griffin

Those two things will probably be related.

franklin2323

Immortal
In my opinion, keeping Cleary won’t come down to purely money. As long as we are competitive in terms of what we offer, it will come down to two things:

1. How well we go this season
2. His opinion of Griffin

Those two things will probably be related.

We finish higher then Tigers.

His best mates just re-signed. They'd talk so I'd say he is pretty cool with the coach. As I said before the only thing Tigers have that we don't is his dad. Every other way we shit on them. Can match $ too

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
We finish higher then Tigers.

His best mates just re-signed. They'd talk so I'd say he is pretty cool with the coach. As I said before the only thing Tigers have that we don't is his dad. Every other way we shit on them. Can match $ too

Interesting to note Nathan (according to NRL podcast with Maloney) is moving out of home this year too.
I honestly believe we will have as much chance as anyone else in retaining his signature, more so if we perform well this year.
He admitted that no talks would take place during the year either. he wants to concentrate on footy and winning games.
It's a good listen/ https://www.penrithpanthers.com.au/news/2018/01/19/nrl-podcast-cleary-and-maloney/

Status
Not open for further replies.