What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
So the ever spinning revolving door at the Penny Panthers just keeps turning then? At some point we need to pick and stick or we'll never win anything. Cleary is worth backing

No. Keep him and play him as a hooker or second fiddle half. $800k per year.

Given he’s got such a level head I actually think he might respond well to being told first receiver isn’t his ideal spot.

Further more from Rothfield.

THE Panthers will deny it but we’re hearing five-eighth James Maloney is no certainty to see out his three-year contract at the Panthers. Of all the players at Penrith, the Blues’ pivot was closest to sacked coach Anthony Griffin.

In fact, Griffin told me that Maloney is “as brainy as Darren Lockyer” when I interviewed him last week. The Panthers need cash to be in a position to offer halfback Nathan Cleary the big bucks it will require to keep him long term.

There’s been talk for several weeks that Cleary’s relationship with Maloney is not as tight as other halves combinations in the NRL, and that Gus Gould is aware of it and is monitoring the situation.

https://outline.com/t8EXVF

Denied by the man himself on fox last night and this morning on radio he claimed he knew nothing about the Titans rumour. He said he is loving life and enjoying it out at Penrith at the moment and has no reason to leave.
http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/1/PuS52c.mp3

unKwn

Juniors
Denied by the man himself on fox last night and this morning on radio he claimed he knew nothing about the Titans rumour. He said he is loving life and enjoying it out at Penrith at the moment and has no reason to leave.
http://media.skyracing.com.au/POD/1/PuS52c.mp3
would never say this about someone but buzz rothfield needs to f**king not exist. just him being a thing makes me uncomfortable. f**k that bias old wrinkly merkin

TheFrog

Coach
In fact, Griffin told me that Maloney is “as brainy as Darren Lockyer” when I interviewed him last week.
Maloney can read the game. It certainly won us the Titans game which we really didn't deserve and won the Origin series for NSW as well. He can also give away an intercept and miss a tackle no trouble at all. If he could learn to double pump the pass when there's an opposition back sweating on his pass, or else kick behind the defence, he could be another Lockyer.

buzz rothfield just says "my inside sources tell me" or "I've got good mail" stfu you can't just say that and base your articles on claims. worst journalist out there

This is the trouble with running a club with more leaks than the SS Minnow.

franklin2323

Immortal
watch us release both and promote form within...This is why we can never get an experienced squad. If they go we need to get some experience back for them

Fangs

Coach
Lets help out news limited.

Which props are off-contract and/or are disgruntled with their current club?

Andrew Fifita. Welcome to Penrith 'bro'.

MrBlack

Juniors
Isn't Fafita one of our juniors??

Tapau would want overs.

I think we will end up with Matt Lodge. he is keen to return to Penrith and has a relationship with Gould.

TBH - his form has been pretty good this year and he has undergone a fair bit of personal rehab. He is off contract with the Broncos.

If we free up money from Tamau and Merrin we should have a real shot at Tevita Pangai Junior

Isn't Fafita one of our juniors??

Tapau would want overs.

I think we will end up with Matt Lodge. he is keen to return to Penrith and has a relationship with Gould.

TBH - his form has been pretty good this year and he has undergone a fair bit of personal rehab. He is off contract with the Broncos.

If we free up money from Tamau and Merrin we should have a real shot at Tevita Pangai Junior

Talk is Lodge has re-signed with Brisbane but they’re waiting until the off season to announce.

Status
Not open for further replies.